Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Win The 2017 WDC & WCC?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    We lost the 2013 season because of tires changes? How come? What kind of new tires did they introduce mid-season?
    They reverted back to "12 tyres didn't they? Which is why we saw that Red Bull basically bolted to rails and winning the last 9 races on the bounce

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    They reverted back to "12 tyres didn't they? Which is why we saw that Red Bull basically bolted to rails and winning the last 9 races on the bounce
    Damn, F1 is full of dirty tricks. It's like they fixed the season for RB to win...
    Then why was Alonso frustrated? It's not Ferrari's fault they didn't manage to deliver then.

yes. else ferrari were ahead of RB first half of the season. If pirelli would sticked to those tires, alonso would have won the championship. RB pushed very hard for tyre change in mid-season.

I think that was due to Red Bull and Renault working hard to develop their 2013 car all season long while the other teams gave up half way through and concentrated on their 2014 machines.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    yes. else ferrari were ahead of RB first half of the season. If pirelli would sticked to those tires, alonso would have won the championship. RB pushed very hard for tyre change in mid-season.
    You're mixing up your seasons. In 2013 (which is the year Pirelli used the exploding tyres which had to be changed in mid-season) Red Bull were ahead of Ferrari for almost the entire season, regardless of the tyres used.

It was the 2012 season where Alonso was leading at the half-way point, but there was no rule change that year which hurt us or helped RB.

They simply had to change the tyres in 2013 as it was a farce.
    Forza Ferrari

The tyre change didn't make a diffrence RB were already miles ahead

We went from winning the Spanish GP with 40 seconds on the first RB to absolute garbage as soon as they introduced the new harder tires developed using a current spec Mercedes.
    The car was better than the competition in terms of tire management but they changed the rules mid-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    We went from winning the Spanish GP with 40 seconds on the first RB to absolute garbage as soon as they introduced the new harder tires developed using a current spec Mercedes.
    The car was better than the competition in terms of tire management but they changed the rules mid-season.
    The tyres were changed after the German Grand Prix, which was the ninth race of the season. At that point we were 70 points behind Red Bull in the constructors and Alonso was 34 points behind Vettel in the drivers championship. And it was only that close because Seb had suffered a gearbox failure while leading the British GP. The tyre rule change had nothing to do with RB winning that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    We lost the 2013 season because of tires changes? How come? What kind of new tires did they introduce mid-season?
    They reverted back to 2012 spec if I'm remembering correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    The tyres were changed after the German Grand Prix, which was the ninth race of the season. At that point we were 70 points behind Red Bull in the constructors and Alonso was 34 points behind Vettel in the drivers championship. And it was only that close because Seb had suffered a gearbox failure while leading the British GP. The tyre rule change had nothing to do with RB winning that year.
    According to Wikipedia the harder tyres were introduced during the Canadian GP. Up that point, Alonso was 29 pts behind Vettel, keeping in mind that he crashed out in Malaysia and had to settle for 8th in Bahrein because of a DRS issue while running 2nd.
    I'm not saying that we would have won the championship, that we'll never know, but before the tire change we were head to head with RB and it definitely had a negative impact on our performance.
    That's why I don't like it when our rivals complain about tires, I don't want another mid-season change to screw us again.

"According to Wikipedia the harder tyres were introduced during the Canadian GP"

I'm not sure where you got that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_F...on#Tyre_issues

"Tyre supplier Pirelli faced criticism early in the season due to the wear of some tyres, with some claiming tyre management had become too important to race strategy. This prompted Pirelli to announce plans to introduce new designs after the Canadian Grand Prix."

"Tyre issues continued to dominate headlines at the British Grand Prix when several drivers suffered explosive punctures during the race.[131] Amid concerns that the issue would continue at the German Grand Prix one week later, Pirelli received permission to introduce an entirely new specification of tyre in time for the Hungarian Grand Prix, whilst introducing modifications to the existing tyres for the race in Germany as a stop-gap solution."

I'm no defender of the F1 management and Charlie Whiting. I think they've done a lot of stupid things and a number of shady things. I can't believe Whiting still has a job after signing off on Mercedes illegal tyre test. But in this particular instance it's hard to see how they did anything wrong.

I believe Liberty will change "Formula Pirelli " back to" F1 ". They are in it for the $$ rightfully so. Fans in general don't want the whole Sunday race to be about Pirelli and their tires. Ferrari is now allowed to win WCC so look how our gearbox problems disapeared. Teams are desperately trying to cover up team orders for fan appreciation. Getting rid of Bernie & Co. did wonders for our favorite sport & throw in Ferrari our favorite team!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    If Ferrari can break tradition and treat both cars and drivers equal, WDC and WCC wins for sure. There supposedly is no longer a #2 driver @ Ferrari!!! Just look at how Merc slipped once Bottas became #1 & a 1/2 ! Ferrari fans in general must and due keep in mind WCC doesn't matter who as long as there's a string of 1, 2 wins, the points are the same.
    I really don't know where you get your queues about ferrari not following a #1,2 policy.
    It is very clear that they do and rightfully so, specially since Mercedes does as well.
    And if it is not clear to you, I suggest you revisit Monaco 2017 and watch as to how Vettel is clearly #1 and Kimi #2. :D

And this is why we stand a clear chance to WDC since the car is very fast; as for WCC, if Kimi continues to deliver and of course car keeps going the way it does, we should have no problem !
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I didn't realize Ferrari outwardly told fans and all concerned that they specifically have team orders every race and Kimi is the #2 driver, and Seb is the #1 driver. Merc also states that they are a #1, #2 driver team? I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up!!

Only about 6 races done. A whole lot of season up ahead and a lot of things can change. We need to keep out of trouble, and have luck on our side, not to be crashed into or have reliability issues. Race before Monaco Kimi and Vallteri had DNF's, Kimi got crashed into and Bottas reliability issues, thus having Hamilton and Seb winning 25 and 18 points on them.

I'm of course hoping that one of the Ferrari drivers wins the WDC and Ferrari wins the WCC. That would be a dream come true. But I will refrain from making any predictions this early in the season.

Forza Ferrari!
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

The way things stand, i will say we will most definitely win WDC, and there is more than a good chance of winning WCC too.
    Silently, like a shadow

If Merc win in Baku they will have a lot of momentum as it would be their 5th win.
    After the disappointment of Spain I felt Ferrari had to react in Monaco, now I have the same feeling again after Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    If Merc win in Baku they will have a lot of momentum as it would be their 5th win.
    After the disappointment of Spain I felt Ferrari had to react in Monaco, now I have the same feeling again after Canada.
    if they win again I believe it could be a turning point of the season

I agree Zike.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    The way things stand, i will say we will most definitely win WDC, and there is more than a good chance of winning WCC too.
    I couldn't agree more!! Definitely Ferrari!

Seb and Lewis look favorite for the WDC and its Ferrari or Mercedes for the WCC. Thats about all we know at this point. Everything else is just pure speculation and anything can happen

lol.. yes its speculation only. The question was who do you speculate would win?
    Silently, like a shadow

so far as WDC is concerned, i think we're still on track, but the WCC is still questionable at this point depending on Kimi's performance.
    Forza Ferrari

Due to Vettel still being investigated ... if the outcome is bad it could be title deciding imo

Due to Vettel still being investigated ... if the outcome is bad it could be title deciding imo
    Oh come on, it was a wheel to wheel bump at 40kph...

or they might as well give the trophy to lewd crymilton now.
    Forza Ferrari

Replacement......

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    or they might as well give the trophy to lewd crymilton now.
    If Seb get's a one race ban I have the perfect replacement :

Ferrari driver nr. 6 , World Champion : Nicooooo Rosberggggggggggggg !
    Just imagine the look on Hamilton's face

Drivers: Vettel
    Constructors: Mercedes. I don't think Kimi is good enough to help the team to win the title but we will see, is not like Bottas is flawless every weekend either.