Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Canada GP Free practice & qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    But Canada is different from other circuits
    In what way?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Lewis doesn't deserves it.
    Nonetheless, it was a super awesome gesture from the family. Gave up my man card when I saw it.

But Canada is different from other circuits
    This track is pretty heavy on which side of track you are on.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Nonetheless, it was a super awesome gesture from the family. Gave up my man card when I saw it.
    Hmm yeah pretty good gesture.
    But not to that hanky Panky fellow Ham.
    He's no where near to senna in terms of skills & driving

Well, Mercedes found the lost magic button again. I guess they solved the problem with the tyers. Lets see tomorrow. It was only a matter of time before this happens. Hope our team has some bits coming that will give us a bigger edge.

Hmm yeah pretty good gesture.
    But not to that hanky Panky fellow Ham.
    He's no where near to senna in terms of skills & driving
    your absolutely right!!!! To make a comparison givin the era, car, rules, engine, tracks, etc. etc......

Look there are maybe 2 tracks on the race calendar that are really special for certain drivers. Vettel has that extra 3 tenths in Suzuka, Singapur and maybe also Malaysia comparing to the other drivers. Hamilton was always amazing in Canada and also in China, and has also few tenths in the bag comparing to their teammates. That doesnt mean that the Ferrari is slower here, maybe on 1 lap pace yes, but the race pace is a whole new story tomorrow. Maybe Ferrari set up the car to protect the rear tyres for tomorrow, similar to Bahrain, because its gonna be about 5-6C hotter then its today. I dont know why but I am happy with todays performance, Vettel was good, Kimi also but you cant be always first... :)

Top speed shows mercs were on low DF.
    Vet & Kimi carrying more DF than mercs.
    Means which should be good for race on heavy fuel.

Just heard on Sky that Ferrari may have set their car for race tomorrow

Just heard on Sky that Ferrari may have set their car for race tomorrow
    To protect the rears???

I dont know why TV cast team always shows toto & Lauda faces for reaction after Lewis pole.
    Damn that toto's reaction seems they achieved something.

On other note, I missing mr.horner. who always judges rb is quick. Pretty soon before q3

Vettel - .130 with best sectors.

New gearbox for seb & Kimi. Without penalty.

FerrariSteve Guest
    I hope Seb gets a good launch tomorrow and leads into turn 1. Maybe Kimi can get second too and pressure rappy boy.

on the Helmet, did they give Michael a Helmet when he equalled Ayrton's pole tally?

Bitterly disappointed. We shall see what happens tomorrow.

Hi everybody, i hope end of year juan manuel fangio family gave his helmet for fifth wdc to vettel

Im dissapointed with Vettel slightly as far as qualifying goes. He is no longer as good as he was back in a day, but itnerestingly, he is much better on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    on the Helmet, did they give Michael a Helmet when he equalled Ayrton's pole tally?

No. Lewis's mentor was Senna as he has stated and said this in a couple of interviews. It would be if Vettel broke Michaels poles then it would be gestural if the family gave Vettel a

helmet. Michaels mentor was ??????

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    No. Lewis's mentor was Senna as he has stated and said this in a couple of interviews. It would be if Vettel broke Michaels poles then it would be gestural if the family gave Vettel a

helmet. Michaels mentor was ??????
    How could Ayrton be his mentor? He'd died before Lewis hit F1 and I'm no expert but I'm not even aware they ever met.
    I believe Ayrton was Michael's "hero". Remember his speech after adelaide 94 and when he broke up and cried after equalling his pole tally?

but whatever, it doesn't matter. I was just curious

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Im dissapointed with Vettel slightly as far as qualifying goes. He is no longer as good as he was back in a day, but itnerestingly, he is much better on Sundays.
    Yeah agree with you.
    Vettel was extremely good at one lap at RB.
    There was a discussion at that time, as he was qualifying well & in front always. He's managing race pace. In traffic he was not better driver.

But from 2015 when I saw him at Ferrari. He was doing well in quali but extremely good at race pace.
    This year, there were couple of times where vet should have taken pole position by his standards. He made small mistakes in those FL's.
    But in race he was just flawless.
    May be he's more matured now & thinking of long run rather than short

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    How could Ayrton be his mentor? He'd died before Lewis hit F1 and I'm no expert but I'm not even aware they ever met.
    I believe Ayrton was Michael's "hero". Remember his speech after adelaide 94 and when he broke up and cried after equalling his pole tally?

but whatever, it doesn't matter. I was just curious
    His reference was idol not mentor.
    Lewis &Alonso always admired senna. These drivers wanted to emulate his records.

His reference was idol not mentor.
    Lewis &Alonso always admired senna. These drivers wanted to emulate his records.
    I meant idol and not mentor. Bad choice of words. Thanks for clarifying.

“A LOT OF POTENTIAL, A FEW MISTAKES”
    Canadian Grand Prix - “A lot of potential, a few mistakes”

Both Ferrari drivers convinced race can go better

Montreal, June 10th – After qualifying on the first and second rows of the grid for tomorrow’s Canadian Grand Prix, Scuderia Ferrari drivers reflect on their performance. “I was not so happy with my job in the last run of Q3” says Seb, who will start from second slot on the grid. It is true that we faced tough competition, but we could have been closer. We could even have been ahead, but Lewis did a very good job today. As for me, I lost the car in Turn 2 and from there I knew I had to catch up. The car was very good and I had been happy in the morning session. To be on the front row gives you the chance to make a good start. I am looking forward to tomorrow, I am sure we’re going to have a very close race. This is a nice track and we had a good run here also last year”. Kimi makes no secret of not having got everything right: “Today it was a bit tricky: for whatever reason yesterday we had been a bit more comfortable. The car felt pretty OK, but we struggled to make the tires work as we wanted. There was a lot of potential in the car, but I was not driving very well, and did not manage to put a good lap together. My last run was very poor, I made mistakes in the first and second corner and I paid the price for it. Tomorrow it should be a different story. It’s going to be a long race and obviously a lot can happen; you never know here, it’s one of those places where things can change very quickly. We’ll try to make the best choices; we should have the speed, let’s see”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

When Vettel was getting frequent poles in his heyday with Red Bull, he would have also made errors in qualifying like he is now but just doesn't hold that same advantage today to the opposition is he did then. The greater the advantage the car has, the less likely an error will be made in qualy. The harder you have to push, the bigger the chance is ruining various sectors. He has a great car under him atm that is almost a match for the Mercs when on steroids for qualy. The race is a different beast - if the wind blows in Mercs' favour with the tyres, then we have a race. If the Ferraris can get great longevity out of the tyres whilst maintaining great speed, then the Mercs will be in trouble and will need to guard their tails from the other teams.

I'll take it back what I said about Sebs lap, it was actually pretty good lap. Car was not really looking on rails like in last few races and in comparison to Hamiltons Merc. He was fighting the car all through the lap and was driving very much on edge.

Just watched qualy (was 4am in Melbourne Aus and I slept thru it). Did anyone notice the strong plume coming from rear of Lewis's car on his way to the first lap into the 1:11s? It was a very prominent haze, which is all the more striking when compared to the clean running Ferrari and Red Bulls. This may have been the tell-tale signs that gave away Mercs party trick for qualy!

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    Just watched qualy (was 4am in Melbourne Aus and I slept thru it). Did anyone notice the strong plume coming from rear of Lewis's car on his way to the first lap into the 1:11s? It was a very prominent haze, which is all the more striking when compared to the clean running Ferrari and Red Bulls. This may have been the tell-tale signs that gave away Mercs party trick for qualy!
    Yes it they turned up the oil burning furnace again
    That's ok we will get them during the race tomorrow

As far as oil trick burning mixture will be banned from next year
    At least that what the rumors I heard
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Look, Vettel is a self-deprecating guy. He'll mention his smallest personal mistakes even when you don't see them on screen. Other drivers would never mention that kind of stuff. But whenever the fans hear about it from Vettel, they just get on his case about it. At times like these, it's good that he's off social media at least. It doesn't help the way British media presents that kind of stuff either.

Mercedes upgraded their engine and they can run faster modes for longer now. They are already on par with Ferrari on race trim more or less, and now they can run them even faster. They seem to have a faster qualifying car too, so they could still be on par with Ferrari or maybe at worst they will just run away with their newfound faster race pace. Let's see how it goes tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    I saw Bottas's car doing the same.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

It's gonna be a lot hotter today compared to yesterday. Would that help us in the race ? Demon hill on sky mentioned that Ferrari went into qualy with the race in mind so hopefully we have better race pace.