Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: Canada GP Free practice & qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    It's gonna be a lot hotter today compared to yesterday. Would that help us in the race ? Demon hill on sky mentioned that Ferrari went into qualy with the race in mind so hopefully we have better race pace.
    hotter helps mercs and rb

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    I thought it was the other way around.....anyway let's see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    I thought it was the other way around.....anyway let's see how it goes.
    me too! but that dudes before quali said that the hotter temps will give mercs instant tyre window mode and help rb get onto the pace immediately. i hope Vettel takes Ham at the first corner because Bottas will play blocker and stop Seb at every chance he can.

Kimi seems like he is back to being just in the background again

My understanding is it is more about being at the right temp for Merc. Being a little bit cooler or hotter are equally bad for Merc. Their problem is their ideal operating temp range is very narrow. If that's right, then being significantly warmer or cooler for the race will be bad for them.

I think Both ham & bottas have inside line of the first corner. In that case both Ferrari's need to have mega start to surpass them.
    Becoz ham will not leave any room or door open for vet.
    Which could inturn open door for bottas & this guy u know he will do anything for the team & contract extension. He will try to take vet out.
    Today's race it's all about start, strategy & team play.
    This is where Kimi needs to come in act for the team in case if he doesn't have good start.

Quote Originally Posted by enjaybel3 View Post
    My understanding is it is more about being at the right temp for Merc. Being a little bit cooler or hotter are equally bad for Merc. Their problem is their ideal operating temp range is very narrow. If that's right, then being significantly warmer or cooler for the race will be bad for them.
    Hope you right

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I think Both ham & bottas have inside line of the first corner. In that case both Ferrari's need to have mega start to surpass them.
    awww man :-/ i hope Kimi helps Seb in some shape or form, just needs to stay within range when Ham pits

On other note I fear about mad Max adventure at start.
    This guy is crazy, doesn't have patience. Will do something at the start.

awww man :-/ i hope Kimi helps Seb in some shape or form, just needs to stay within range when Ham pits
    It all depends on start whether Kimi helps seb or seb helps Kimi.
    Initially Ferrari will look for 1-2 finish. If they find it's not possible they will try to achieve 1-3 or 2-3 finish.
    But I think 1-3 is high possibility.

It all depends on start whether Kimi helps seb or seb helps Kimi.
    Initially Ferrari will look for 1-2 finish. If they find it's not possible they will try to achieve 1-3 or 2-3 finish.
    But I think 1-3 is high possibility.
    1-2 finish would be glorious because i really think ferrari are underdogs today, how far off was Kimi and Max pace from Ham?

1-2 finish would be glorious because i really think ferrari are underdogs today, how far off was Kimi and Max pace from Ham?
    .7 to .8ths think so.

.7 to .8ths think so.
    Max so close to kimi is worrying, he has great starts too

As usual with Sky, Crofty & Co were praising HAM's pole lap and ignoring the fact that Seb was so close, their bias is quite irritating. We have a great chance if we can avoid any first lap contact, but Kimi is vulnerable from BOT and VER. No point making predictions on a circuit as demanding as this, anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    As usual with Sky, Crofty & Co were praising HAM's pole lap and ignoring the fact that Seb was so close, their bias is quite irritating. We have a great chance if we can avoid any first lap contact, but Kimi is vulnerable from BOT and VER. No point making predictions on a circuit as demanding as this, anything can happen.
    Indeed, discusting. Also, he again began about Monaco and how he thinks it's not good for the sport. Did he forget 2016 Monaco where ROS let HAM by so he could challange RIC? Then he said ROS was a real gentleman. It's ridiculous.

For the race, a lot can happan. I indeed fear for Kimi since he will be very vulnerable on the start. We need him to keep BOT busy in the race. Otherwise Merc can use BOT and HAM against Seb. It will crucially for Seb not to loose a position at the start, because if that happens HAM can make a gap. I think HAM is the one to beat here, he's very fast. If Seb can stay second he perhaps can make sure the gap doesn't get to big and there is a chance f something goes wrong with HAM. However is BOT is in front of Seb, HAM has the win in his pocket.
    BOT has been very good with start this year so..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

One thing on Hamilton getting Sennas helmet, so does that mean the family was coming to every one of the last few races thinking Hamilton will take pole, so they can give him the helmet?

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    One thing on Hamilton getting Sennas helmet, so does that mean the family was coming to every one of the last few races thinking Hamilton will take pole, so they can give him the helmet?
    Its a replica and NOT the original....for now. The original remains in the hands of the family and will be presented to Lewis later on.

source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report...on-helmet-gift

I know some of you going to yell at me for saying this but here it goes. Is it just me or are there few others who think its weird and so coincidental that on Sennas pole in Canada 25 years ago is where Hamilton equal Sennas record and also the family happend to have the replica helmet to give him? It seems like someone is writing this story, not seems to be organic. At least 50% of me feels this way. I dont know if its right or wrong, but just want to put it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Its a replica and NOT the original....for now. The original remains in the hands of the family and will be presented to Lewis later on.

source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report...on-helmet-gift
    I've read that the family said it's not a race helmet and it was used for promotional purposes back then.

I know some of you going to yell at me for saying this but here it goes. Is it just me or are there few others who think its weird and so coincidental that on Sennas pole in Canada 25 years ago is where Hamilton equal Sennas record and also the family happend to have the replica helmet to give him? It seems like someone is writing this story, not seems to be organic. At least 50% of me feels this way. I dont know if its right or wrong, but just want to put it out there.
    Your right! I'm sure the helmet is made from non organic materials, dangerous to L ewis health if worn too often. Lets hope for the best. Merc coincidentaly switched Lewis back to the #1 car leaving Bottas with the lesser new Lewis car. They probably contacted Bruno Senna and told him Lewis for sure will be on pole. At least 1% of me feels this way! Next is Schumy's record in less time.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Rapper boy has a history of shoving people off the track at turn 1 here. I hope Seb is careful at the start

..or better still, gets a lightning start and is well past by then.

I'm still not sure about our P2 and P4 start.
    Unless Seb gets a great launch and is miles ahead, he will be on the outside of Lewis going into turn 1, if he does have a good start, LEwis can easily push him more to the outside en on the grass goin ginto T2, which will give BOT th eopportunity to overtake Seb.
    BOT on the otherhand can brake late on the inside of Seb..
    I think Seb needs to focus on not loosing a position to BOT..

If you look at '14 start: HAM from P2 had a much much better start than ROS, ROS simply brake late and pushes HAM off and keeps the position. Seb will need a rocket start
    Last edited by Kristof_F40; 11th June 2017 at 12:09.
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Your right! I'm sure the helmet is made from non organic materials, dangerous to L ewis health if worn too often. Lets hope for the best. Merc coincidentaly switched Lewis back to the #1 car leaving Bottas with the lesser new Lewis car. They probably contacted Bruno Senna and told him Lewis for sure will be on pole. At least 1% of me feels this way! Next is Schumy's record in less time.
    Hahaha. GMO Materials!
    Well, I think Vettel should accidentally purposefully but accidentally go deep in to the corner with Lewis outside the corner, like accidentally purposefully but accidentally like last year what Lewis did to Rosberg!

Not making a comparison, just a perspective with regards to Senna and Lewis; Senna needed "only" 161 GPs to achieve his 65 poles. Where as Lewis takes the start of his 195th GP

today.

If Kimi gets p3 from Bottas , Ferrari got a chance at p1, if not Hamilton will win imo

"It's a tailwind into Turn 10, and then on the back straight I couldn't even get into eighth gear," says Carlos Sainz. "It's quite impressive, I must say,"
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

What the heck! Crash Max does it again! Ruins our race. Where is a penalty for causing a collision? Vettel had nowhere to go

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Not making a comparison, just a perspective with regards to Senna and Lewis; Senna needed "only" 161 GPs to achieve his 65 poles. Where as Lewis takes the start of his 195th GP
    today.
    Very true indeed! 34 more starts to reach Ayrtons 65 pole record. The same goes for Shumy, 68 poles in 306 starts!!! And 21 years driving F1, plus he needed to retire twice IMO just to catch that record. 65 poles in just 161 GPs is " STILL " a record that's umatched. 161 starts is the number to beat for the real pole record! With 111 more starts to go to reach Shumy's 306, how many poles will Lewis win? Ayrton, and then the rest! Rest in peace!

They gave Hamilton a replica helmet, which would've been presented to him at any random GP where he would've gotten his 65th pole. It's not as if Senna's family was there in Canada just waiting for Hamilton to get that pole. If Ham would've won his 65th pole at the Azerbaijan GP or any other GP then he would've gotten that helmet there. Who exactly is writing this story in your mind? Hamilton himself? And everyone else is just playing along? Yeah, I'm sure that Vettel was slower in quali on purpose just so Ham could get that Senna helmet. Get real.

The amount of various crazy conspiracies I've read this season is just mindblowing. Tin foil hat companies are making huge profits this year it seems lol.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI