Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Grand Prix du Canada 2017 Race

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    most reckless driver, taking over for saint maldonaldo
    he reminds me of Montoya more than Maldonado, Montoya was very fast but very dangerous and crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Nah wanted to write 3rd I guess we have been spoiled with wins this year :D

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    I see we get a lot of complaining again with regards to pit strategy. I think these so called fans will only be happy if we finish 1-2 every race. Oh I almost forgot, even a 1-2 finish makes them complain just like Monaco. Jeez, why don't you just enjoy the race for a change?

Should've, could've, would've have. I'm afraid hindsight is not one of the qualifications needed in becoming a race strategist.

Seb could've DNF, but he didn't. 4th is waaaaay better than a retirement for normal fans.
    Yeah 4th is not bad after all, 3rd would be fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by khizerk View Post
    I don't understand - why is this guy not penalised? He is in optically small incidents every single race, which while optically small ruin the other guy's race completely. To me it seemed he had sufficient room on the inside but still chose to come around and clip Seb's wing. Brake earlier my , if Seb was any slower he might as well have stopped the car!
    Fully agree with you.

I don't like 'this guy'..I sincerely hope he will never race 'in red'.

Baku will again be a tough race I think. With FI beeing good there as well..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by LivingHitokiri View Post
    he reminds me of Montoya more than Maldonado, Montoya was very fast but very dangerous and crazy.
    Ric being more grounded is showing in the points for RB

Ric being more grounded is showing in the points for RB
    Not sure really. It wasn't Verstappens fault his car died today, or team strat was better in Monaco for Ric, or him having break failure at Bahrain (again, ahead of ric). He seems flat out better driver this year.

I see we get a lot of complaining again with regards to pit strategy. I think these so called fans will only be happy if we finish 1-2 every race. Oh I almost forgot, even a 1-2 finish makes them complain just like Monaco. Jeez, why don't you just enjoy the race for a change?

I did have a moment at the beginning, but well said.

For sure we had the pace to give ham a hard time. Max is turning out to be a first lap nutcase. Had a mighty start but could have ended his and someone else's race in the opening lap.

The thing with Kimi is, he wouldn't attempt what seb did to ocon and parez, he'll just get stuck behind the whole race. We need a second driver with the same fire as seb.

Force India have come into the picture of possible trouble when it comes to race day and being stuck behind them, with there engines it was tough for even bottas to pass them, lucky seb got them passed with there tyres old and battling each other

Not sure really. It wasn't Verstappens fault his car died today, or team strat was better in Monaco for Ric, or him having break failure at Bahrain (again, ahead of ric). He seems flat out better driver this year.
    i think he overpushes or overdrives the car, he is quick without a doubt

That's a good comparison.

i think he overpushes or overdrives the car, he is quick without a doubt
    Overpushing isnt the problem, lets not forget how Shumi was destroying cars back in the day until he helped fixing them, the problem with Verstapen is that he is reckless and dangerous at times, Shumi was aggressive but never to point VER is,hence why i said he looks more to Montoya to me.

Vettel was in the back of Raikkonen before is 2nd stop, after changing a front wing, passing back all the other riders and with tires more tham 10 laps slower.
    How can somebody say Raikkonen wasn't slow today, is amazing.

He couldn't attack the force indias one single time and was even under pressure from Ocon in the beginning of the race.

Overpushing isnt the problem, lets not forget how Shumi was destroying cars back in the day until he helped fixing them, the problem with Verstapen is that he is reckless and dangerous at times, Shumi was aggressive but never to point VER is,hence why i said he looks more to Montoya to me.
    very good point

Watching Ocon interview now, I really like this kid!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by nuni View Post
    Vettel was in the back of Raikkonen before is 2nd stop, after changing a front wing, passing back all the other riders and with tires more tham 10 laps slower.

He couldn't attack the force indias one single time and was even under pressure from Ocon in the beginning of the race.
    You do realize he had brake issues since first laps?

Monaco Ferrari had 1-2, today was Mercs fantasy, hopefully Ferrari doesnt lose out on the development race, no mention this weekend on what those small bits hamilton and wolff mentioned they got, but their car looks fastest on the field

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Perez coulda gave him a shot at Ric just to see some pressure placed on the RB , wanted to see it

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Yes. Is he linked to Mercedes?

Did kimi lose places to force india and rb from the grid start or after he went on the grass

Now Perez, justifying not following team orders.
    Ferrari should buy him a soda tonite in the paddock restaurant
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by nuni View Post

I can tell you how.

Seb had clear air and was passing slower cars and since tire degradation wasn't a issue while Kimi was stuck behind Perez . Because Kimi couldnt stay behind Perez all time and overheat his engine he let a gap of 3 seconds which he diminished as soon the time for pit stops came. We saw their pure pace when both used Ultras and had clear air and it was very close with seb winning 2 tenths per lap.

I cannot believe that someone can claim to know or watches F1 say how Kimi with same tires with Perez couldnt pass him in Canada and you compare that to Seb that had fresh Ultras compared to dead SS of Ocon and Perez. Even then Seb had to resort to extreme in order to pass them and somehow you wonder why Kimi couldnt pass perez when they both had SS?

What about Perez not passing Ric who was on softs?

Heck, what about Bottas with Fresh tires couldnt pass Ocon who had 45 laps Ultras, IN MERCEDES.

Now tell me,how amazed are you now?

Did kimi lose places to force india and rb from the grid start or after he went on the grass
    He lost to Perez, im sure Ric was ahead after the start.

Monaco Ferrari had 1-2, today was Mercs fantasy, hopefully Ferrari doesnt lose out on the development race, no mention this weekend on what those small bits hamilton and wolff mentioned they got, but their car looks fastest on the field
    That was misquote. It was about our car bits, not theirs.

I can tell you how.

Seb had clear air and was passing slower cars and since tire degradation wasn't a issue while Kimi was stuck behind Perez . Because Kimi couldnt stay behind Perez all time and overheat his engine he let a gap of 3 seconds which he diminished as soon the time for pit stops came. We saw their pure pace when both used Ultras and had clear air and it was very close with seb winning 2 tenths per lap.

I cannot believe that someone can claim to know or watches F1 say how Kimi with same tires with Perez couldnt pass him in Canada and you compare that to Seb that had fresh Ultras compared to dead SS of Ocon and Perez. Even then Seb had to resort to extreme in order to pass them and somehow you wonder why Kimi couldnt pass perez when they both had SS?

What about Perez not passing Ric who was on softs?

Heck, what about Bottas with Fresh tires couldnt pass Ocon who had 45 laps Ultras, IN MERCEDES.

Now tell me,how amazed are you now?
    Spot on!
    Forza Ferrari !

He lost to Perez, im sure Ric was ahead after the start.
    i wonder if he is still using the old start system and not the newer one Vettel was using, I thought Vettel had a great start but he had to brake hard as he followed directly behind hamilton

Perez by wanting to stay ahead of ocon and not following team orders could have cost him a ferrari seat I would rather have kimi than a arrogant driver who will cause problems within the team

That was misquote. It was about our car bits, not theirs.
    really?? i hope so, damn i wish i could remember who said it

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Yes. Is he linked to Mercedes?
    Yes, since 2015 I think - he is in their jr. driver program
    Forza Ferrari !