Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Grand Prix du Canada 2017 Race

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I doubt that would have been possible, P3 probably.
    Yes. P3 probably

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    What a drive by Sebastian... Incredible...

Would have been P3 if we pitted under the SC at the beginning. Why on earth did they wait for the front wing to explode before calling in him...

Raikonnen needs to get replaced asap.

Oh yeah worst TV coverage I've seen in a long long time. We basically missed half of Sebastian's overtakes.
    Way to go, take a dig on Kimi - bash him a little more!

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    Mercs under dogs up my backside toto
    this ^

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    It is my understanding that he wanted to stay out.
    Seb is also a team member

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Not important.... As LH was cruizing half a race
    true was shocked to see him putting in that fastest lap too

Quote Originally Posted by alfa84 View Post
    The best thing that happened to ferrari this race was Raikkonen mistake.
    What a drive by Sebastian... Incredible...

Would have been P3 if we pitted under the SC at the beginning. Why on earth did they wait for the front wing to explode before calling in him...

Raikonnen needs to get replaced asap.

Oh yeah worst TV coverage I've seen in a long long time. We basically missed half of Sebastian's overtakes.
    Do you both realize that he had brake problems right? Seriously,so many in here quickly to bash a Ferrari driver and pretend they care for the team when they obviously trying to promote some agenda,shame on you.

Brilliant drive from Seb despite the problems , managed to get the most, shame for Kimi but im sure we will bounce back on next race.

It is my understanding that he wanted to stay out.
    That was after it fully fell apart, he stayed out 1 lap more to see how the balance was.
    Forza Ferrari

Wow what a race by Seb! I love that the commentators asked who was driver of the day like it's not obvious! Seb passed the entire field minus about 5 (2 retirements, + top 3). Disappointing result for obvious reasons but it was an amazing race and a great recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Well done Seb and the team, great recovery thanks to Max! Shame for Kimi

Verstappen said at Dutch TV that it was Sebs own fault. He should have breaked earlier..

And the Dutch reporters laughing their heads off ..

What a race Seb and poor poor Kimi.

Forza Ferrari

Vettel was right..We can win this race if not for various mishaps
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    How can you judge our performance by this race? Broken wing, damaged floor, last place, 20s+ pit stop and Vettel almost finished 3rd.
    Lets be honest here, Ham was cruising for 95% of the race.
    but I'm taking nothing away from Seb, he drove brilliantly and make some quality passes!

Bottas is not Nico, he will accept his paycheck and be no.2

Grand Prix du Canada 2017 Race

Great recovery by Seb, I guess they didn't expect the wing to explode at the restart, it didn't look too badly damaged from the contact with Max. In any case it was good damage limitation.

It's a shame Kimi had the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okey, two weeks to Baku

i think p3 could've been best position even if vettel managed to save that wing after the first corner, mercs cruised to victory, left the pack very quickly, Ocon holding bottas back was impressive

Quote Originally Posted by LivingHitokiri View Post
    Do you both realize that he had brake problems right? Seriously,so many in here quickly to bash a Ferrari driver and pretend they care for the team when they obviously trying to promote some agenda,shame on you.

Brilliant drive from Seb despite the problems , managed to get the most, shame for Kimi but im sure we will bounce back on next race.
    Look. I like Raikonnen, I sincerely do. But he's just too slow. Sebastian had a damaged floor and he still managed to get from 18th to 4th.
    If something happens to Vettel, like today, you know it's game over because Raikonnen is just too slow. 1 podium in 7 races while his team mate is leading the WDC.

Any driver finishing behind Kimi, not eligible for a seat @ Ferrari. Throw in Verstappen.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    okey, two weeks to Baku
    another long straight , Kimi was good there last year if i remember

We can easily assume that Canadian GP is perfectly suited for Mercedes ,i hope Baku is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Any driver finishing behind Kimi, not eligible for a seat @ Ferrari. Throw in Verstappen.
    Where did he finish?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Lets be honest here, Ham was cruising for 95% of the race.
    but I'm taking nothing away from Seb, he drove brilliantly and make some quality passes!
    Seb is the only reason to watch this race again, he is hungry and it shows

I see we get a lot of complaining again with regards to pit strategy. I think these so called fans will only be happy if we finish 1-2 every race. Oh I almost forgot, even a 1-2 finish makes them complain just like Monaco. Jeez, why don't you just enjoy the race for a change?

Should've, could've, would've have. I'm afraid hindsight is not one of the qualifications needed in becoming a race strategist.

Seb could've DNF, but he didn't. 4th is waaaaay better than a retirement for normal fans.

Where did he finish?

Look. I like Raikonnen, I sincerely do. But he's just too slow. Sebastian had a damaged floor and he still managed to get from 18th to 4th.
    If something happens to Vettel, like today, you know it's game over because Raikonnen is just too slow. 1 podium in 7 races while his team mate is leading the WDC.
    First of all, we dont know how much the damage was, i have seen many wining races with damaged car.
    Secondly,nobody said he wasnt fantastic tonight but Kimi was doing great until that problem, Kimi wasnt slow, he was2 tenths slower than Seb on same tires. Sure, lets ignore the DNF's and problems he had with the car and just take numbers while ignoring the context.

The fact is Kimi isnt remotely slow as some of you try to project here, you constantly bash him left and right for no reason, i get it you dont like it but dont hide behind the Ferrari and pretend you do and that he is the problem, far from it.
    This thing about blaming Kimi just as something happens when later on we learn about car problems happen times before and yet same people keep doing same bashing over and over, shame.

Kimi's car supposedly had balance issues after going on the grass at the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post

Verstappen said at Dutch TV that it was Sebs own fault. He should have breaked earlier..

And the Dutch reporters laughing their heads off ..

What a race Seb and poor poor Kimi.

Forza Ferrari
    I don't understand - why is this guy not penalised? He is in optically small incidents every single race, which while optically small ruin the other guy's race completely. To me it seemed he had sufficient room on the inside but still chose to come around and clip Seb's wing. Brake earlier my , if Seb was any slower he might as well have stopped the car!

Quote Originally Posted by khizerk View Post
    I don't understand - why is this guy not penalised? He is in optically small incidents every single race, which while optically small ruin the other guy's race completely. To me it seemed he had sufficient room on the inside but still chose to come around and clip Seb's wing. Brake earlier my a$$, if Seb was any slower he might as well have stopped the car!
    most reckless driver, taking over for saint maldonaldo

If you made a list of the top ten overtakes of the 2017 season, half of them would be by Seb.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Kimi's car supposedly had balance issues after going on the grass at the beginning
    No way, not only Seb got balance issues and damaged cars? I cannot believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    Really? lol.
    Nah wanted to write 3rd I guess we have been spoiled with wins this year :D