Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Le-Mans 2017 race thread

So disappointing for AF Corse and Risi, the GTEAm teams made up for it a bit but Le Mans can be very cruel. I was hoping the Corvette would stay in front, but the Astons seemed quicker all race. Well done to all the 488 drivers and teams for enduring the pace in that heat. Better luck next time, we hope.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    So disappointing for AF Corse and Risi, the GTEAm teams made up for it a bit but Le Mans can be very cruel.
    This. Personally kind of stung a bit more that a Ford finished ahead. Still a lot to play for in their respective series; hope we get very strong results moving forward.

Gutted for Toyota. That Kobayashi pole lap though.
    Last edited by killer; 19th June 2017 at 01:25.

Rebellion LMP2 squad stripped of overall Le Mans podium

The Rebellion LMP2 squad has been stripped of its overall Le Mans 24 Hours podium, after video evidence found the Swiss squad guilty of a bodywork infringement used to restart its engine after pitstops.

Nelson Piquet Jr, David Heinemeier Hansson and Mathias Beche had taken Rebellion's #13 Oreca 07-Gibson to the team's first outright podium finish at La Sarthe last Sunday, taking advantage of only two LMP1 cars finishing the race and none without significant mechanical trouble.

The #13 trio ended up three laps behind the winning Porsche LMP1 in third overall, and two laps down on the winning LMP2 car, the #38 DC Racing Oreca of Oliver Jarvis, Thomas Laurent and Ho-Pin Tung.

However, Rebellion was found to be guilty post-race of "modifying a homologated part and using it partly during the race," and has been disqualified from the results.

The offence relates to a "hole that [had] been fashioned by the competitor in the right-hand side of the engine cover," which had been done to grant the Rebellion crew access to the starter motor – to tap a malfunctioning solenoid to reset it – without having to remove the engine cover and rear bodywork.

This in effect meant the #13 car ran the final part of the event with non-homologated bodywork, without any "crash damage or other cause which may be in mitigation".

Stewards were informed of this fact by a video taken by the technical delegate's staff during a pitstop, which was then shown to Rebellion.

The disqualification promotes the second DC Racing LMP2 car, the #37 machine shared by Alex Brundle, Tristan Gommendy and David Cheng, to second in class and third overall.

Signatech Alpine's #35 entry moves up to fourth, while the United Autosports Ligier inherits fifth. Toyota's only finisher, the #8 TS050 Hybrid, is promoted to eighth overall.

https://www.motorsport.com/lemans/ne...podium-920544/

Ouch.

Third-place Le Mans finisher disqualified, giving Jackie Chan's cars a 2-3 finish

PARIS - The third-placed Vaillant Rebellion car driven by Brazilian Nelson Piquet Junior, Denmark's David Heinemeier Hansson and Switzerland's Mathias Beche has been disqualified from the Le Mans 24 Hours standings after technical checks.

The second tier LMP2 team intended to appeal, organizers added on Monday -- a day after the race finished at the Circuit de la Sarthe.

The disqualification means that the Jackie Chan DC Racing number 37 car driven by China's David Cheng, France's Tristan Gommendy and Britain's Alex Brundle moves up to the podium place.

That would be a double for the LMP2 team backed by the Hong Kong action movie star and stuntman, whose other car finished second behind winners Porsche.

The Automobile Club de l'Ouest (ACO) said in a statement that technical marshals had found a modification to the number 13 car's bodywork that was not in compliance with the rules.

Media reports said a hole had been made to give access to the starter motor without having to remove the engine cover and rear bodywork

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/06/20/t...-jackie-chans/

So disappointing for AF Corse and Risi, the GTEAm teams made up for it a bit but Le Mans can be very cruel. I was hoping the Corvette would stay in front, but the Astons seemed quicker all race. Well done to all the 488 drivers and teams for enduring the pace in that heat. Better luck next time, we hope.
    Funny how a 9 year old car can be faster than 2016 regs cars Ferrari and Ford. And, also Aston win in the last year of the Vantage

Anyway, James made mistake and made contact with the AM #90 Aston. Podium was looking possible,. For #54 Spirit of Race Ferrari, i spoke to Francesco Monday. During the practice and quali sessions they had good strong setup for race. But they changed the setup Saturday morning after warm up. I did ask why, and he said complicated. I got an idea why but will not say.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Funny how a 9 year old car can be faster than 2016 regs cars Ferrari and Ford. And, also Aston win in the last year of the Vantage

Anyway, James made mistake and made contact with the AM #90 Aston. Podium was looking possible,. For #54 Spirit of Race Ferrari, i spoke to Francesco Monday. During the practice and quali sessions they had good strong setup for race. But they changed the setup Saturday morning after warm up. I did ask why, and he said complicated. I got an idea why but will not say.
    I was wondering how Aston managed to be at the front on speed, Rob, it was quite soul-destroying to watch our cars so close but unable to catch them. As for #54 car, it was at the back from quali onwards, but at least Francesco Castellacci & Co got to the end and made up some places, what went on with the set-up is a mystery!

I was wondering how Aston managed to be at the front on speed, Rob, it was quite soul-destroying to watch our cars so close but unable to catch them. As for #54 car, it was at the back from quali onwards, but at least Francesco Castellacci & Co got to the end and made up some places, what went on with the set-up is a mystery!
    Francesco, told me me on Friday that they had a great setup for the race strong setup. They were not really looking at good qualifying pace more for race. But whatever reason it was changed race day morning.