Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2017 - Practice and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    On a power track, which is a big handicap for them... expect Red Bull ahead of us in the next races, if we won't bring something massive
    , where's the next race?

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    Are we affected by this oil burning trick?
    ...This could be very true

Sorry guys but this adventure for Mercedes is to big. I think that Mercedes couple of first races didn't understand tires,now this problem is solved. Ferrari have to much problems with the PU. My personal opinion is if Ferrari win the title or vettel will be miracle. I'm not pessimistic but that is reality.

Just throwing this out there.....so Kimi is 3rd and Vettel is 4th. Could we see a repeat of pitting Kimi first and Vettel jumping ahead to gain pts........food for thought.

Lets see how the race goes.
    We are not the strongest in qualifying, but there's still a chance we may be better in race condition.
    Vettel needs to finish no more than 1 place behind Lewis, if not ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Just throwing this out there.....so Kimi is 3rd and Vettel is 4th. Could we see a repeat of pitting Kimi first and Vettel jumping ahead to gain pts........food for thought.
    Would be understandable decision.

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    Sorry guys but this adventure for Mercedes is to big. I think that Mercedes couple of first races didn't understand tires,now this problem is solved. Ferrari have to much problems with the PU. My personal opinion is if Ferrari win the title or vettel will be miracle. I'm not pessimistic but that is reality.
    It still hard to accept since they were so close at Monaco, the lack of reliability and lack of significant upgrades is creating a huge gap in speed now, penalties are coming soon too

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    What a disgusting thing to say. You should really be ashamed of yourself. You're like a petulant child, so immature and irrational. You're an embarrassment to yourself and to this forum, and to Ferrari fans everywhere. I'm so embarrassed to be in any way associated with you. Ugggghhhhhh
    Im saying as it is, 10 years of the same story is to much for me, I'm not an idiot how will put up with the same crap every year

Hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Im saying as it is, 10 years of the same story is to much for me, I'm not an idiot how will put up with the same crap every year
    Idiot or not but it is not OK to tell people to go kill themselves.

If teams had to quit burning oil at this race, we might be the culprits

I wonder what the team will have to explain for such a huge gap to Merc. Ferrari in season development woo seems to persist. I am afraid in one or two more races we will be behind RedBull like in the past.

yeah, and race is long and walls are close

Perhaps Mercedes have started to benefit from Allison.

I feel bad about todays results, but the race is tomorrow.

I think we got the set up wrong. On top of the PU issues. That explains why RB are much closer. I hope we were running conservatively to protect the PU.

I am not disappointed with third. But it is the gap to the front that is disappointing.

It's just one of those difficult wekeends. Hamilton had one in Sochi, Seb has one here. Nothing to be worried about.

All to play for tomorrow 😊

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If anyone gets Sebs or Ferrari's thoughts on the poor performance compared to Mercs please post it , hoping they have a race setup, but thats abit too much wishful thinking

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    On top of the PU issues. That explains why RB are much closer. I hope we were running conservatively to protect the PU.
    Yes we have PU reliability issues but with regards to RB, they have made incremental strides in the PU(Max PU breaking down last race and now Ricci during quali in Baku) but since

Adrian Newey has taken the reigns back on this RB13 since his outting, we are seeing an evolution aero wise (7 races in) in a more competitive car.

Damn guys, what happened? They were faster in both corners and straight line speed? I expected Merc to have the edge here, but no way i thought it would be more than a second! We were ranting here a lot after Bahrain qualy when they were half a second faster than us. But now? They have double the edge than in Bahrain. Really hope this is a track specific but i think it's obvious they have a stronger PU. I don't know if they were way faster than us in the corners as well though.

As for Lewis, he drove a mega lap, half a second faster than VB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Idiot or not but it is not OK to tell people to go kill themselves.
    I agree, I'm just angry

I seen a lot of people here I've not seen in ages because we didn't do well shock it's one bad quali get over it

By the way, all Kimi said was that we struggled with tires. So what? We have Merc's problem now and they fixed theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    I agree, I'm just angry
    It is just Formula 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    By the way, all Kimi said was that we struggled with tires. So what? We have Merc's problem now and they fixed theirs?
    lol he actually said the tyres were the reason they dropped off in time so much?? but they had a lot of time in Quali to get the window

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I think not doing much quali runs in fp3 hurt us a lot we should be much quicker in the race sebs race pace in fp2 was quicker than bottas and max

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    lol he actually said the tyres were the reason they dropped off in time so much?? but they had a lot of time in Quali to get the window
    Well, we didn't have enough time after the red flag. Nevertheless, it was clear they are a lot faster whatever the reason was. Hope it's a track specific and we will fight back in Austria. As for tomorrow, i hope there won't be any troubles at the start and for Seb and Kimi to bring the car home in P3 and P4. That's the max we can do. Nevertheless, i didn't hope for a win here anyway, i just wanted P2 or P3 for Seb. As for Austria and Hungary, we must go for the win in order to win the championship.

Vettel: At the end I was alone and had no tow in the last sector. I could have done a bit better but probably P3 was the maximum.
    Vettel: The result is Ok but I'm not entirely happy. This morning didn't help but it's not an excuse, we are doing a lot of laps.