Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 654

Thread: Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2017 - Practice and Qualifying

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,616
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    If they can find. Ferrari & mercs are not sitting ducks.
    definitely, those speed traps tell me that they got one more engine mode to run

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,616
    Max says they got new parts but none of the racing parts are damaged, so everything is good

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,087
    How come RB are so fast? Renault has a PU upgrade?

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    How come RB are so fast? Renault has a PU upgrade?
    commentators said they got the best traction and are fastest around the slow corners

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    How come RB are so fast? Renault has a PU upgrade?
    Renault engine has small upgrade & RB are with new parts. So their development path is accurate

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,087
    This looks worrying actually :/ They might get in the middle of our fight with Merc.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    This looks worrying actually :/ They might get in the middle of our fight with Merc.
    Seb actually said it was very close when asked whether it could be a 6 car race

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,616
    Does Ferrari not have that engine upgrade that came out in that article yesterday? No word about it

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,616
    Vettel: It was very close today. I think we all struggled a bit to get a lap together. I hope it is close tomorrow & we’ll come out on top.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,890
    Even last year Ferrari struggled on Friday.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,890
    Last year Williams recorded 350+ top speed. Think so.
    Kimi 335, RB 335. I think there's still to come from that engine

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    India
    Posts
    78
    Guys I missed both fp1 and fp2 and I'm confused because of the results can someone plz explain shortly what happened was it a different tyre we ran today from the rest or what..?
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    Guys I missed both fp1 and fp2 and I'm confused because of the results can someone plz explain shortly what happened was it a different tyre we ran today from the rest or what..?
    1. Everyone struggled to put a clean lap, as everyone is struggling with tyre temp
    2. RB were getting their laps done without trouble.
    3. Pirelli might reduce tyre temperatures. (Assumption)

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Last year Williams recorded 350+ top speed. Think so.
    Kimi 335, RB 335. I think there's still to come from that engine
    Not necessarily comparable, the wider cars have more drag so we may not see those speeds again, that being said I do think there is more to come as we have been fairly conservative. Pole position was a 1:42.7 so there is plenty of time to find in these cars.

    Why are we concerned with red bull? There is no magic bullet as we full well know from our performance last year. They were doing well at Canada during FP1, 2 and 3 but when it came to qualifying they were 1 second off the pace.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    1,989
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Last year Williams recorded 350+ top speed. Think so.
    Kimi 335, RB 335. I think there's still to come from that engine

    Bottas also set the speed record in a F1 Gp, reaching the incredible speed of 378 km/h in the main straight.

    http://www.stilo.it/f1-bottas-flies-...uches-378-kmh/

    ------------------

    so this was last year in Baku

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,087
    Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post
    Why are we concerned with red bull? There is no magic bullet as we full well know from our performance last year. They were doing well at Canada during FP1, 2 and 3 but when it came to qualifying they were 1 second off the pace.
    They were never this fast in FP this year though. It looks like they exit slow corners faster than others. However, even if they get pole they will most likely be overtaken on the straight. Or maybe they can reduce drag without affecting slow corner speed?

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    India
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    1. Everyone struggled to put a clean lap, as everyone is struggling with tyre temp
    2. RB were getting their laps done without trouble.
    3. Pirelli might reduce tyre temperatures. (Assumption)
    Oh okay but I still can't believe how redbull were able to outperform us.. Even in the worst case scenario.. But thanks mate for putting it out in short..
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    Oh okay but I still can't believe how redbull were able to outperform us.. Even in the worst case scenario.. But thanks mate for putting it out in short..
    Oh well, at least they outperformed Merc as well and Lewis is struggling a lot.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,890
    Without major upgrade how can RB be fast???
    So In my point of view, Mercedes & Ferrari are running conservatively.
    They struggled to put a perfect lap. As from RB it was optimal lap.
    There is more to come from Ferrari & mercs than RB.

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    NY,USA
    Posts
    457
    I wonder if this will be a factor in the race.

    http://www.autosport.com/news/report...al-oil-burning

    "The FIA has stepped up its clampdown on Formula 1 teams potentially trying to get a power boost by using oil as fuel ahead of the Azerbaijan Grand Prix."

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,616
    if the circuit is as awful tomorrow as it was today, The race could be very open. Are you allowed to reverse on race day or is that DSQ?

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    I wonder if this will be a factor in the race.

    http://www.autosport.com/news/report...al-oil-burning

    "The FIA has stepped up its clampdown on Formula 1 teams potentially trying to get a power boost by using oil as fuel ahead of the Azerbaijan Grand Prix."
    Crofty said mercedes actually raised the question to the FIA because they suspect Ferrari have started using oil themselves... but that could just be crofty talking from his sky paycheck. He said RB had no idea about the clamp down

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    9,367
    Just logged on and saw the results. How come?! Are we to sign the alarm bells or remain calm? Usual Friday business?

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,616
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Just logged on and saw the results. How come?! Are we to sign the alarm bells or remain calm? Usual Friday business?
    track was awful, yellow flag literally every minute, Ferrari and mercs themselves were off the track quite a lot, only RB seemed to have found tyre window and good grip as they were spot on during both sections from the first lap

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    687
    Redbull are normally the quickest car in low grip conditions I expect when the track rubbers in more and the engines get turned up mercs and ferrari overtake them

  26. #176
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    687
    there was 113 yellow flags and 2 red flags the fia and Pirelli need to change something or they will be 4 finishers

  27. #177
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sri Lanka
    Posts
    230
    Changing the subject little bit....
    I have to say, I love Kimi. He is a character! Love his "dont give a " attitude, and being his own man.
    I hope he stays in F1 for a long time, or he will have his own show, some type of show.

  28. #178
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Changing the subject little bit....
    I have to say, I love Kimi. He is a character! Love his "dont give a " attitude, and being his own man.
    I hope he stays in F1 for a long time, or he will have his own show, some type of show.
    He will probably do rallycross after f1

  29. #179
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    there was 113 yellow flags and 2 red flags the fia and Pirelli need to change something or they will be 4 finishers
    WOW, cars dont seem much quicker here too, one section to overtake, unless they change something, this race will be won through Quali or yellow flags

  30. #180
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Crofty said mercedes actually raised the question to the FIA because they suspect Ferrari have started using oil themselves... but that could just be crofty talking from his sky paycheck. He said RB had no idea about the clamp down
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128387
    See above article which came in the month of march

    Reply from mr wolf in the below article
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/m...-a7642191.html

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •