Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2017 - Practice and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    It is just Formula 1.
    If it was only Formula1 I would spot watching it years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Well, we didn't have enough time after the red flag. Nevertheless, it was clear they are a lot faster whatever the reason was. Hope it's a track specific and we will fight back in Austria. As for tomorrow, i hope there won't be any troubles at the start and for Seb and Kimi to bring the car home in P3 and P4. That's the max we can do. Nevertheless, i didn't hope for a win here anyway, i just wanted P2 or P3 for Seb. As for Austria and Hungary, we must go for the win in order to win the championship.
    Max is right behind , we need a great start

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Max is right behind , we need a great start
    Yeah, that's what worries me. RB looks pretty strong here to compete with us. And Max is a real charger at the start.

Wow just heard the Vettel interview, he sounds really really disappointed when he says P3 was the maximum

Wow just heard the Vettel interview, he sounds really really disappointed when he says P3 was the maximum
    Of course its pretty clear that Merc is on another level

I think he realizes we are slowly losing the development race. He wasn't disappointed at all after Bahrain qualy.

Seb must also be worried about reliability.

I think he realizes we are slowly losing the development race. He wasn't disappointed at all after Bahrain qualy.
    Yeah as we always do, the man should go to Merc, we are incapable of winning the championship and will be for years to come

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Who is the guy in charge of Merc development? they are the main reason the team is so dominant. any weakness quickly taken care of, whilst always increasing performance. Didnt Ferrari lose one of their main guys in charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Seb must also be worried about reliability.
    i think that PU has been in 4 race weekends

i think that PU has been in 4 race weekends
    With Spain ,5
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    With Spain ,5
    why didnt they use another 1 :O ? did they give a reason why they used such a worn one

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    +1....they have been ever since the introduction of this new formula(2014). They constantly innovate(aero, suspension, software, etc,) and are reliable at it.....plus they have a plan b

always at the ready. They are'nt perfect....but they do set the standard in F1 in this current formula.

I feel we are the rabbit in the race with respect to reliability. We pushed too hard on Vettels car with the turbo to maximize it. Kimi not far behind on turbo's. The overall chassis and

aero of the SF70-H is top-notch and would put it side-by-side with the W08. The Scuderia have their plate full as they look ahead at their rivals and look behind at their

competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    +1....they have been ever since the introduction of this new formula(2014). They constantly innovate(aero, suspension, software, etc,) and are reliable at it.....plus they have a plan b

always at the ready. They are'nt perfect....but they do set the standard in F1 in this current formula.

I feel we are the rabbit in the race with respect to reliability. We pushed too hard on Vettels car with the turbo to maximize it. Kimi not far behind on turbo's. The overall chassis and

aero of the SF70-H is top-notch and would put it side-by-side with the W08. The Scuderia have their plate full as they look ahead at their rivals and look behind at their

competitors.
    Do you think they invest more money into there team than Ferrari does?

Was our long run pace yesterday not better than the Mercedes. It all to play for tomorrow I think.

Racing is life and life is a risk - Michael schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Schumyboy83 View Post
    Was our long run pace yesterday not better than the Mercedes. It all to play for tomorrow I think.
    It was but they were sandbagging a lot, they were one of the slowest in the speedtraps and they didnt have that tyre setup right like today

Quote Originally Posted by Schumyboy83 View Post
    Practice doesn't matter anymore. They were a second faster in qualy today which is insane. Lewis is even more insane with a half a second faster lap than VB.

Practice doesn't matter anymore. They were a second faster in qualy today which is insane. Lewis is even more insane with a half a second faster lap than VB.
    he gains 0.5 in the middle sector everytime , Martin pointed out that lewis doesn't use all the track available in that areas compared to everyone else who uses every inch to the wall

I am presuming the performance difference between merc and ferrari is down to pirelli's conservative tyre allocation for this weekend. Right from the first race mercs had problems with ultra softs and low tyre pressures and ferraris were flying. And also looking at the number of times pretty much all drivers ran off track struggling for grip during fp1 & fp2 i was expecting pirelli to reduce the tyre pressures for saturday, but they didn't. It's not like tyre degradation is high on this track, still expecting all teams to opt for one stop strategy for the race.

Do you think they invest more money into there team than Ferrari does?
    difficult to answer. They "might" due to their budget and resources. The question I think here is, do they invest more time than Ferrari does? They are always a step ahead or in

this case, a year ahead of everyone and they attract talent with regards to personel i.e. engineers(mechanical, electrical, structural, software, I.T.), dynamicists(fluid, thermo, aero),

strategists, and so on....not that Ferrari does'nt either but I guess its all due to location as in where the headquarters is at and nearby cities and countries.....Germany being one of

them.

difficult to answer. They "might" due to their budget and resources. The question I think here is, do they invest more time than Ferrari does? They are always a step ahead or in

this case, a year ahead of everyone and they attract talent with regards to personel i.e. engineers(mechanical, electrical, structural, software, I.T.), dynamicists(fluid, thermo, aero),

strategists, and so on....not that Ferrari does'nt either but I guess its all due to location as in where the headquarters is at and nearby cities and countries.....Germany being one of

them.
    It almost sounds impossible to beat them in a year , does RB have the same force as Mercs & Ferrari because they are close to us and usually get match better and closer to Mercs within the year. I guess you right the location is extremely important, devoting all your time etc , So much sources to get great heads into Merc HQ

Disappointing gap to Merc but Kimi & Seb did well do lock out 2nd row given where they stood before the red flag. Just hope for a clean start and first lap, anything can happen but reliability and Seb using an old engine is just another worry we can do without. And Max just behind is another danger. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow but refuse to lose faith.

No strong feeling for tomorrow race.
    Expecting p3 at most. Anything above that is surprise.

Bottas will recollect Williams days n form a train behind him. He will protect hamster by all means.

Lewis on clean side of track, but outside of the turn 1.
    Others starting top3 have a chance going into 1st corner but few will be on dirty side of track.

this case, a year ahead of everyone and they attract talent with regards to personel i.e. engineers(mechanical, electrical, structural, software, I.T.), dynamicists(fluid, thermo, aero)
    Yeah, location plays a huge role here. Merc F1 has the best talent from all around the world while Ferrari has the best talent maybe only from Italy. Having said that, Ferrari is more of an Italian national team, really. It's like Italy plays football against the greatest Football players in the world. I don't think budget is a problem. The budget difference between Ferrari, Merc, RB and McLaren is insignificant.

If Vettel is using this old low powered PU, does that mean he will be using it next *race as well or will he take a penalty then?

Yeah, location plays a huge role here. Merc F1 has the best talent from all around the world while Ferrari has the best talent maybe only from Italy. Having said that, Ferrari is more of an Italian national team, really. It's like Italy plays football against the greatest Football players in the world. I don't think budget is a problem. The budget difference between Ferrari, Merc, RB and McLaren is insignificant.
    Wasn't Ferrari's best car designer guys always foreign? who is our designer/developer guy now?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    No strong feeling for tomorrow race.
    Expecting p3 at most. Anything above that is surprise.

Bottas will recollect Williams days n form a train behind him. He will protect hamster by all means.

Lewis on clean side of track, but outside of the turn 1.
    Others starting top3 have a chance going into 1st corner but few will be on dirty side of track.
    I bet the media will say nothing about bottas being a number 2 driver when that happens

Wasn't Ferrari's best car designer guys always foreign? who is our designer/developer guy now?
    Mattia Binotto. Italian. I'm not saying the development crisis is his fault, he's a brilliant engineer. However, something needs to be modified. Talent from all around the world is needed and maybe slight change in administration. Different approach is needed.

Mattia Binotto. Italian. I'm not saying the development crisis is his fault, he's a brilliant engineer. However, something needs to be done to modify the entire team. Talent from all around the world is needed and maybe change in administration.
    I really hope they are open to outside guys, it would be silly to limit themselves.
    Is the SF70H mattia's design? because it was really incredible early on, its the upgrades and reliability thats staggering now. still most beautiful looking car on track

I really hope they are open to outside guys, it would be silly to limit themselves.
    Is the SF70H mattia's design? because it was really incredible early on, its the upgrades and reliability thats staggering now. still most beautiful looking car on track
    Whoever laid the foundation did a pretty good job. Not sure who did it though, maybe it was Alison before he left or maybe it was Binotto, i don't think it's official. Nevertheless, the SF70H is a great car but it needs to be further developed because Ferrari are in a brutal development race. It looks like the team sucks with upgrades. We'll know for sure in Austria though. If we don't go for the win there we are toast.