Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1631

Thread: Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2017 - Race

FerrariSteve Guest
    I'm still angry that Lewis got no penalty. I have no problems with Seb getting one, but both deserved one. Seb hit Lewis but Lewis clearly brake tested Seb, it's so obvious. :(

as for Sky, I had to watch half the race with it muted as I am sick to the core of their rabid Hamilton fanboyism and utter hated of anything Ferrari.

[QUOTE=FerrariSteve;944777
    as for Sky, I had to watch half the race with it muted as I am sick to the core of their rabid Hamilton fanboyism and utter hated of anything Ferrari.[/QUOTE]

why dont you watch it on Channel 4 at least it's a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    I'm still angry that Lewis got no penalty. I have no problems with Seb getting one, but both deserved one. Seb hit Lewis but Lewis clearly brake tested Seb, it's so obvious. :(

as for Sky, I had to watch half the race with it muted as I am sick to the core of their rabid Hamilton fanboyism and utter hated of anything Ferrari.
    they were silent about manchild hamilton crying for bottas to slow down and help him out.

I think that everything that happened today was clear to see for everyone, starting with the incident on the opening lap, with Kimi pushed into the barrier, then what happened to Sebastian on the restart lap after the Safety Car. We don’t want to get into an argument but I think I can say that some decisions that were not entirely clear, never worked in favour of our team. We fought hard even if the results don’t show it. Today, our car was on the pace and that was clear to see. The team demonstrated its strengths, from changing the engine on Seb’s car on Saturday to the work done on Kimi’s when the race was red flagged, to get it back out on track, despite the damage it had suffered. That’s Ferrari for you. We let our actions speak for us. We will continue in that vein immediately, in preparation for the remaining twelve races starting with the Austrian GP, with even more determination than before...

Maurizio

Today many things happened that were out of our hands and unfortunately we paid a big price. After the start, at the second corner, I got hit by Bottas; I don’t know what he was doing, he braked very early but probably he noticed that and let the brakes off, went too fast and hit me. Because of that the rear end of my car hit the wall and I had a massive damage. We were able to keep going but then I was unlucky. The two Force Indias collided, some debris flew off and destroyed my rear tire. As a consequence my whole floor and the rear wing were damaged and we decided to retire. When the red flag stopped the race we thought that we might try and go back on track. The mechanics did and amazing job, managed to change the floor and the endplate in a very short time. But obviously my car was still not perfect and we decided to stop. It’s not a good day when your car retires twice in a race. I’m disappointed because, without all these things happening, my car would have been good. There’s nothing else we could have done, we tried our best.

Kimi

First of all, I think that today the car was very good. The pace was strong in the race. I think you could see that we were losing a bit here and there, but overall it was a good race. It was a very busy start, and Vallteri was very aggressive. As for what happened at the restart from the safety car, I don’t know why I got the penalty and Lewis didn’t. It’s disappointing, because it could have been a better result. I don’t have a problem with Lewis but I just think that what he did on the track was not ok. By now the decision is done but, in an episode like this one, I still think that if you give out a penalty, then it should be to both drivers.

Vettel

The formula 1 subreddit is an utter show right now. Calling for Vettel to be disqualified lmao.

So is The Guardian comment section lol.

Maurizio Arrivabene: “I think that everything that happened today was clear to see for everyone, starting with the incident on the opening lap, with Kimi pushed into the barrier, then what happened to Sebastian on the restart lap after the Safety Car. We don’t want to get into an argument but I think I can say that some decisions that were not entirely clear, never worked in favour of our team. We fought hard even if the results don’t show it. Today, our car was on the pace and that was clear to see. The team demonstrated its strengths, from changing the engine on Seb’s car on Saturday to the work done on Kimi’s when the race was red flagged, to get it back out on track, despite the damage it had suffered. That’s Ferrari for you. We let our actions speak for us. We will continue in that vein immediately, in preparation for the remaining twelve races starting with the Austrian GP, with even more determination than before.”

Sebastian Vettel: “First of all, I think that today the car was very good. The pace was strong in the race. I think you could see that we were losing a bit here and there, but overall it was a good race. It was a very busy start, and Vallteri was very aggressive. As for what happened at the restart from the safety car, I don’t know why I got the penalty and Lewis didn’t. It’s disappointing, because it could have been a better result. I don’t have a problem with Lewis but I just think that what he did on the track was not ok. By now the decision is done but, in an episode like this one, I still think that if you give out a penalty, then it should be to both drivers.”

Kimi Raikkonen: “Today many things happened that were out of our hands and unfortunately we paid a big price. After the start, at the second corner, I got hit by Bottas; I don’t know what he was doing, he braked very early but probably he noticed that and let the brakes off, went too fast and hit me. Because of that the rear end of my car hit the wall and I had a massive damage. We were able to keep going but then I was unlucky. The two Force Indias collided, some debris flew off and destroyed my rear tire. As a consequence my whole floor and the rear wing were damaged and we decided to retire. When the red flag stopped the race we thought that we might try and go back on track. The mechanics did and amazing job, managed to change the floor and the endplate in a very short time. But obviously my car was still not perfect and we decided to stop. It’s not a good day when your car retires twice in a race. I’m disappointed because, without all these things happening, my car would have been good. There’s nothing else we could have done, we tried our best.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Our race pace was quite good today, but since we can't burn oil in quali now looks like we are not going to fight for poles which is gonna make things a lot harder for us. Maybe we will have to compromise our race setup to help in qualifying?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    We Americans are still waiting on the next Phil Hill or Mario Andretti. Doesn't look to be one on the horizon. Any talent seems to get sucked in by NASCAR.
    Don't worry, my daughter is on the way. Just wait 16 years.

Disappointed Since 2010

Toto Wolff saying vettel and hamilton are now at war i honestly hate him more than lewis he is such a attention seeker

I've just watched the race and Hamilton didn't get a penalty because he didn't brake-test Vettel, and it's obvious when watching it. Vettel acting in the same way that Schumacher did when he felt victimed, lashing out hoping to cause the other party harm in some way.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130388

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Toto Wolff saying vettel and hamilton are now at war i honestly hate him more than lewis he is such a attention seeker
    his smugness is very annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Easy win this should have been... I hope, that someone will help Seb with his anger issues. He messed up today and is to blame for this possition.

Lewis and FIA are on the absolute low in my view after this race... No penalty for obvious dangerous blocking, that's a NO NO
    That's 1. And second - Lewis made very inappropriate remarks to the race director AND the stewards by, in effect, telling them they are not up their job in deciding Seb's penalty. In football negating the referee's decision gets you an yellow card for disrespect. Hamster has shown his disrespect to Charlie and the stewards (FIA) and got away with it.

Sky milking this as usual now were Going to have to spend the rest of the season with them painting vettel as the villain

What a shame. Seb couldn't control his temper and acted like an idiot. If it wasn't for that stupid move, Seb would've won because of Lewis' headdress problems and significantly extend the gap in the WDC. As for penalizing Lewis, maybe he would've been penalized if it wasn't for his extra pit. I think the FIA would've made a compromise to leave both parties partially satisfied.

The thing is, Seb looked like the idiot here because it's 100% obvious he did it on purpose where Lewis can find tons of excuses. No one can really prove it was on purpose.

As for the race itself, how did we look race pace wise in comparison to Merc? Seb managed to hold Lewis pretty efficiently.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter De La Mar View Post
    I've just watched the race and Hamilton didn't get a penalty because he didn't brake-test Vettel, and it's obvious when watching it. Vettel acting in the same way that Schumacher did when he felt victimed, lashing out hoping to cause the other party harm in some way.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130388
    Yeah right. look at Ham's read out, he's clearly on the brakes when he should be accelerating.
    DDLutHtXgAIsb4P.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Yeah right. look at Ham's read out, he's clearly on the brakes when he should be accelerating.
    Why should he be accelerating? Genuine question.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Our race pace was quite good today, but since we can't burn oil in quali now looks like we are not going to fight for poles which is gonna make things a lot harder for us. Maybe we will have to compromise our race setup to help in qualifying?
    Can you briefly explain why we would want to burn oil during qualy? Oil in the combustion chamber lowers octane. Sorry, I can't keep up with F1 as much as I used to. I'm only able to watch the races on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakefade View Post
    Can you briefly explain why we would want to burn oil during qualy? Oil in the combustion chamber lowers octane. Sorry, I can't keep up with F1 as much as I used to. I'm only able to watch the races on Sunday.
    I really have no idea on what it does, but apparently mixing oil in with the fuel gives you a boost and the FIA are clamping down on it, and it looks like we were the main culprits despite most thinking it was Mercedes.
    Forza Ferrari

Yes. If Seb can not beat bottas in Q. We need to do that. We can not have Hamilton on pole and Bottas 2nd and expect to win any title. Its hard enough to get by Bottas before its too late or without car damage. Also keep in mind those behind - we have Mad Max that surely will run into Vettel a few times before the season ends. If Vettel starts P3 and P4.

Further more, Hamilton is nailing the starts, and I believe he feels secure when Bottas is there to cover the Ferraris at the start. If Seb could start from pole or 2nd Hamilton could botch a few starts. You got to put pressure on Lewis. Its all too easy for him.

And Raikkonen MUST make himself valuable in SOME WAY more often, has Kimi had an on track battle with Lewis all year? Kimi is too slow to help Vettel besting Hamilton. And with Hamilton on pole Kimi will never even see Lewis on track. Maybe at SPA Kimi can do something.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

What about Merc? How are they so much faster than us in qualy?

I really have no idea on what it does, but apparently mixing oil in with the fuel gives you a boost and the FIA are clamping down on it, and it looks like we were the main culprits despite most thinking it was Mercedes.
    That's interesting. Maybe we run a different oil mixture (thanks to shell), with an octane booster. Either way, i agree we won't be getting poles anymore. Maybe in Hungary. Also I'm worried we might run out of engines and have to add 2 extra units; 2 15 place grid penalties.

Because usually you accelerate at the exit of a corner and brake at the entry, not the other way around. Of course this happened under the SC so we are not in a racing situation, but it's still weird.
    But then the FIA said he didn't brake or lift off so honestly I don't know what to think because this capture seem to contradict their statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    What about Merc? How are they so much faster than us in qualy?
    Merc seems to be able to "turn up" their engines for brief periods of time, and still be reliable. Definetly a lot more than other teams. The last second pass by Bottas on Stroll pretty much confirmed it for me. The speed difference was too much for just slip streaming. I hope this bites them in the latter part of the season though.

52kph or 32mph??? in 1st gear?? and on full brakes(red) out of the apex??? I thought Hamilton was complaining to team radio that the SC was "too slow"...numerous times. He is out of the apex and clearly in the "acceleration zone." Should'nt he be accelerating at this point???

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    52kph or 32mph??? in 1st gear?? and on full brakes(red) out of the apex??? I thought Hamilton was complaining to team radio that the SC was "too slow"...numerous times. He is out of the apex and clearly in the "acceleration zone." Should'nt he be accelerating at this point???
    SC is going in so Lewis is now the SC and it's up to him when he goes for it, and bearing in mind the last restart the team warned him he was close to overtaking the SC before the SC line...so I am not sure he needs to be accelerating. Nobody ran into the back of Seb either which would suggest others were not expecting it to be full out acceleration at that point.
    Forza Ferrari

Not sure if seb deliberately drove into ham as all I saw was one hand waving in the air. There prob will be footage showing him pull the wheel with the other. However I do find it a strange coincidence that the 10 sec drive through came immediately after Ham was told to pit for the headrest change. Lewis telling us that seb disgraced himself was rich and talking about the example to younger viewers ad nauseum
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by Brakefade View Post
    Its the additive/additives in the oil that serve as a "reacting agent" with the fuel in the combustion chamber to give an added boost. Oil, before Baku, was not regulated on a

molecular level like the fuel currenty is. Oil was(past tense) regulated on volume level.