Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 132425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1631

Thread: Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2017 - Race

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    We Americans are still waiting on the next Phil Hill or Mario Andretti. Doesn't look to be one on the horizon. Any talent seems to get sucked in by NASCAR.
    Who was the last guy you had, Scot Speed was it ?

I think Vettel is very lucky to escape without a black flag or race ban. It was a shameful action, Ferrari driver or not.

Quote Originally Posted by piglett View Post
    Brakechecks are common in my country and those drivers put me and my family at risc on many ocasions. None of them were lucky enough to walk away after it. This should have been our win, period!
    Bottas should get ban for the next GP and Ham should start at the back for the next two races.
    Well I'm romanian and I don't remember any break test from other drivers. Granted romanian drivers are kind of crazy but not that much. And no. It would have never been our win today. We were actually lucky with Ham's head rest breaking. Even without Vet's penalty I think Ham would have won it with Seb 3-4 secs behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yep Todt is British....but yeah us Brits just love Germans winning....
    Jean has very little to do with the decision making in regards to race incidents and corresponding punitive actions.

Clearly on purpose.
    only Seb will know if he hit Hamilton on purpose , is just your view
    Last edited by flam147; 25th June 2017 at 20:39. Reason: spekking
    FERRARI In F1 =
    has the prestige and passion for Motor Racing that is unrivaled

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Guys, remember Canada 2008? was Lewis even penalized back then?
    Yeah, we remember.

sport-graphics-2008_698945a.jpg

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Jean has very little to do with the decision making in regards to race incidents and corresponding punitive actions.
    Ah maybe the owners are Brits then? yeah that must be it....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by LivingHitokiri View Post
    Who was the last guy you had, Scot Speed was it ?
    Alexander Rossi but I'm not sure he ever actually made it into a race.

Quote Originally Posted by flam147 View Post
    only Seb will know the answer to that , is just your view
    Seems pretty clear to anyone though.
    Forza Ferrari

We Americans are still waiting on the next Phil Hill or Mario Andretti. Doesn't look to be one on the horizon. Any talent seems to get sucked in by NASCAR.
    Perhaps just not much interest to go to overseas series, especially when they too would have to start young in slower series.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    They were out of the cars when the race was stopped so the team didn't put it back on properly for the restart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah yes, that's right.
    Guess we got lucky today.

I hope Vettel learned something from today's race. Would have been worse if he had damaged his own car.

Maybe Lewis will learn something too someday if someone brake tested him.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yes Kimi done it on bottas.
    But in this case Kimi was ahead n bottas took inside line.
    Bottas this year is not trying to back off ....he's too much aggressive. Which is causing trouble to Ferrari's only.
    Every race it's either bottas or RB who are hurting Ferrari badly would you agree or not???
    I also think Bottas should be penalized. He hit and caused 2 Ferrari DNFs.

Ah maybe the owners are Brits then? yeah that must be it....
    Believe me, if the new ownership (American, thank God) were allowed to impose the more liberal treatment it gives US' domestic racing, the shows would be a lot more fun and just. Maybe in time and with the new blood, the clearly pro brit and highly biased leadership will fade away. Can't wait and I'm not the only one. Enough's enough if these unacceptable shenanigans.

It's a British sport, sanctioned by the Brits, juried and judged by the Brits. A real shame.
    LOL, these are the stewards for this race

Paul Gutjahr President of the FIA Hill Climb Commission, board member and President of Auto Sport Suisse SARL
    Vincenzo Spano President of the Sporting Commission of the Automobile and Touring Club of Venezuela.
    Danny Sullivan Former Formula One driver, Indy 500 winner and CART champion.

Quote Originally Posted by flam147 View Post
    only Seb will know if he hit Hamilton om purpose , is just your view
    Seems pretty clear to anyone though.
    Both his hands were up in the air, looked like the car steered itself towards Mercedes. Not intentional!!! Also stewards are unbelievable it looked like they decided to give us penalty after they decided ham had to come in..
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

Believe me, if the new ownership (American, thank God) were allowed to impose the more liberal treatment it gives US' domestic racing, the shows would be a lot more fun and just. Maybe in time and with the new blood, the clearly pro brit and highly biased leadership will fade away. Can't wait and I'm not the only one. Enough's enough if these unacceptable shenanigans.
    Yeah they should ban turning right
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Perhaps just not much interest to go to overseas series, especially when they too would have to start young in slower series.
    Yeah, it's not easy, much easier to go to NASCAR or even Indy. They would need financial backing and a sponsor from the US would want them to stay in the US in most cases. There just aren't many opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    Both his hands were up in the air, looked like the car steered itself towards Mercedes. Not intentional!!! Also stewards are unbelievable it looked like they decided to give us penalty after they decided ham had to come in..
    He had a hand on the wheel.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Guys,

We can all debate different aspects of the race until the cows come home.

Kimi coukd have won if he didnt get puncture
    Vettel could have won if he kept his cool

At the start of the race I thought it be a Merc 1-2 with Vettel bringing it 3rd on a old engine witj Hamilton gaining 10 points on Vettel.

What actually happened is Vettel finished ahead of Hamilton and increased his lead. Lets all forget tbe 'ifs' and 'buts' and look forwars to the next race and get back to winning ways
    Agreed. In the end we gained 2 points and after such a crazy race thats actually a good result.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Yep Todt is British....but yeah us Brits just love Germans winning....
    Is Hamilton German? Because he is the one whom F1 is deliberately trying to turn into the racing version of Tiger Woods.

Vettel: I got damage, he risked damage. He's done something similar in China at the restart a couple of years ago. It's not the way to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    Is Hamilton German? Because he is the one whom F1 is deliberately trying to turn into the racing version of Tiger Woods.
    So the stewards (non British) at the request of Jean Todt (non British) who was told by the owners (non British) to let Lewis win, who did not win?

I see what you mean now. Seems like the stewards telling Lewis to pit actually cost him the win?
    Forza Ferrari

Lewis had this race won , and was leaving Seb more than a second a lap until the restart, perhaps it is harder for him to follow behind a car

Doesn't matter, he had no business being alongside Hamilton anyway. It can't be deemed a "racing incident" as they did with Bottas because they were not racing.
    Well he was trying to convey his disappointment.. He didn't mean to steer into ham as the looks of the incident..
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

Hello everyone been reading the posts for many years, so now I thought I'd join in the fun

If Vettel is penalized then so should Hamilton be for brake testing - every wondered why the current World Champion is not racing, could it be Hamilton's unsporting behaviour?

Terrible driving by Vettel really

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Horse View Post
    Hello everyone been reading the posts for many years, so now I thought I'd join in the fun
    Welcome aboard!

Yeah they should ban turning right
    In my opinion it should've been much fairer to impose some penalty on Lewis as well. The way I see it, a 10 sec stop for Seb was too draconian a measure without addressing the real culprit which was LH's dangerous, unsafe move. I conclude that clearly the FIA's favoritism is showing its true colors. Shameful and reprehensible.

So the stewards (non British) at the request of Jean Todt (non British) who was told by the owners (non British) to let Lewis win, who did not win?

I see what you mean now. Seems like the stewards telling Lewis to pit actually cost him the win?
    Are we talking about the stewards who neglected to penalize Lewis for his unsafe release, and who then decided to cancel out the time Lewis correctly and necessarily lost by retrospectively hitting Vettel with a penalty? Those stewards?