Thread: Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2017 - Race

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    One thing I can conclude that. Kimi can't go ahead like this, even it's not his fault. But it seems, it's not going to end here. Which is costing alot.
    his LUCK is Zero it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder1984 View Post
    Why not Ham? He has dominated his team mates except for last year at least when he had 4 engine failures to none in favor of Rosberg. He beat Alo in his first year in F1. Yes he complains but as long as he'd win us races I can overlook that.
    He was outscored by a driver of Button calibre at Mclaren :)
    He had just had two DNFs last year. Crash with Rosberg at Spain and an engine failure at Malaysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Definitely, HAM didn't slow down. Red bar indicates acceleration :D

Attachment 7184

Stewards examined Hamilton's car data in Vettel incident. Did not brake or lift off completely. Maintained more or less constant speed and behaved the same at that re-start at that point on the track as he did at the other two re-starts. Source: FIA
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    He even helped Irvine 1999 before that when he was in the title hunt.
    Yes Schumi helped because he had no chance at the title. Had he been 1 point only in front of Irvine I guarantee that ferrari would have given him preferential treatment. I've been a Scuderia fan for 21 years now. I like to believe that I know how they think. And that is they have a number one driver to whom they will always give the points if possible. And it's not wrong. I just don't like that most ferrari fans look at mercs or rbs and say that giving Ham or vet when he was at rb the win was wrong. It's what we did when we were in the fight.

It's a rookie level mistake to run into somebody under a safety car...

If that's the case, then vet did stupid mistake.
    But on board I saw ham deliberately slowing vet on Perez n other drivers.

You mean like Schumacher had? Having Rubens let him win. And he's our hero. Or like Alo asked in quali for massa to get out in front of him so he could get a pull. Don't get me wrong. Schumi is my second favorite driver after Senna. But being a fan doesn't mean you start ignoring everything wrong with your driver and condemn the drivers from other teams for doing the exact same thing
    Actually if you can find one race where Schumacher asks the team to let Rubens let him thru I would like to hear that

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

If that's the case, then vet did stupid mistake.
    But on board I saw ham deliberately slowing vet on Perez n other drivers.
    Or was SV accelerating?

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    He had just had two DNFs last year. Crash with Rosberg at Spain and an engine failure at Malaysia.
    And how about engine blowing in quali? I can remember Hungary so he started last. I'm sure there are at least 2 other weekends when his engine blew

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Actually if you can find one race where Schumacher asks the team to let Rubens let him thru I would like to hear that

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Team radio was encrypted and secret mostly back then
    Forza Ferrari

But anyways vet extended his lead on Hamilton. Was thinking other way around after yesterday's quali.
    Next couple of race tracks good for Ferrari. More importantly good tracks for seb.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Not him personaly but team favoritism. He may not have asked for it but he still got it. In Rubens' interview on TopGear a few years ago he said it was made clear to him that he'd have to help MS.

Constant speed from 140 to 70 to 48. Ok no problem, still got 2pts + in absolutely most horrid track of the year.

And how about engine blowing in quali? I can remember Hungary so he started last. I'm sure there are at least 2 other weekends when his engine blew
    Go find a Hamilton forum i'm sure there's a couple out there

Seb was out of order but he was brilliant holding off HAM for the rest of the race, so justice of sorts was done. Strange race full of unpredictables made it entertaining, another bad luck day for Kimi, sorry for Massa but kind of pleased for Stroll, he deserved it after a mature performance. Seb still ahead in WDC even with a tired engine but we need to step up before we get swamped by RB and FI. Glad RIC won as it helped us, and HAM also deserves a penalty for brake-testing Seb.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Seb was out of order but he was brilliant holding off HAM for the rest of the race, so justice of sorts was done. Strange race full of unpredictables made it entertaining, another bad luck day for Kimi, sorry for Massa but kind of pleased for Stroll, he deserved it after a mature performance. Seb still ahead in WDC even with a tired engine but we need to step up before we get swamped by RB and FI. Glad RIC won as it helped us, and HAM also deserves a penalty for brake-testing Seb.
    nicely summed up

But anyways vet extended his lead on Hamilton. Was thinking other way around after yesterday's quali.
    Next couple of race tracks good for Ferrari. More importantly good tracks for seb.
    Absolutely! I was thinking after yesterday qualy that Mercedes will easly pull 1-2 and LH will leapfrog SV in WDC. But it is completely different . I know it is just +2 for Ferrari driver, but still it is extension in lead and one stupid track less.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Absolutely! I was thinking after yesterday qualy that Mercedes will easly pull 1-2 and LH will leapfrog SV in WDC. But it is completely different . I know it is just +2 for Ferrari driver, but still it is extension in lead and one stupid track less.
    Yip...excited about next tracks it's Vettel territory.

At end of the race Ferrari was 1.5 than rest accept the Mercedes m

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    At end of the race Ferrari was 1.5 than faster than the rest accept the Mercedes

Disappointing.

The fact that Vettel finished 4th and ahead of Hamilton (who was on pole throughout most of the race and showed to be dominant throughout the weekend) on an old PU was fantastic. I know Vettel would have probably won the race if he didn't act rash during the safety car, but we should move on from that and be happy that we had 2 great damage limitation races in Canada and today.

This year, I didn't watch Canada & Baku race live. In both cases vet finished on 4th.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/261712/...nto-rival.html

Hope Seb gets his head right after this. Alarming indicators from him now that he sees Ferrari falling behind in the dev. race, especially after they were slaughtered in qualy by the Mercs. We saw similar levels of frustration from him early last season when it became obvious Ferrari wasn't going to compete for titles that year. This quote is head scratching:

"I don't think it was deliberate him brake checking me, he is not that kind of guy, but it looked that way so I wasn't happy. I don't agree with the penalty we got because if they penalise me they should penalise both of us.”

If you don't think it was deliberate why did you react the way you did? It makes YOU look bad in every way and exonerates Hamilton entirely. Seb isn't getting any points for refusing to address his deliberate act of driving up beside Hamilton and clashing wheels. It's pretty obvious he did this on purpose but keeps saying he was penalized for hitting the back of Hamilton. Pretty dumb all around from Sebastian, this entire episode, beginning with him driving into the back of the car in front of him under safety car. Seb puts himself in the bulls eye of the FIA with this move and he's more likely to get penalized in future b/c of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    You DO NOT hit another car on purpose, no matter what.
    Yeah you do. It's racing not checkers. These men are gladiators not bank tellers.

I am totally cool with what Vet did. He got a penalty, fine. Still finished ahead of Hamilton. Good.

He showed Hamilton that he won't put up with his . I would totally be cool with Seb giving Hamilton a knuckle sandwich as well.

Hams speed going into the corner was 70 +
    After the corner it was 50 !
    Maybe the wind slowed him down..........

Seb was lucky to finish in front of Lewis today. I think the FIA should have looked at the way Lewis caused a collision, and should have been penalised, however Seb doing what he did just brought the attention onto himself. However karma got Lewis back. That brake test by Lewis deposited much debris on the track, then the following accident made it worse, but would there have been a red flag if Lewis and Seb wouldn't have collided? If the race wasn't red flagged then Lewis's headrest would not have been attached incorrectly, had he not need to come into fix the headrest, he would have most likely won the race with Vettel most likely second. So it's unfortunate that Mercs got more constructor points with Bottas who got to that position by crashing with Kimi. That was a racing incident, but Bottas could have avoided it in hindsight. Anyways point is, shame Seb lost his head, but karma got Lewis back, even though the FIA should have. Wonder if Ferrari will protest...

Sempre Forza Ferrari

This year, I didn't watch Canada & Baku race live. In both cases vet finished on 4th.
    can i blame you then :P, watch live!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Yeah you do. It's racing not checkers. These men are gladiators not bank tellers.

I am totally cool with what Vet did. He got a penalty, fine. Still finished ahead of Hamilton. Good.

He showed Hamilton that he won't put up with his BS. I would totally be cool with Seb giving Hamilton a knuckle sandwich as well.
    i was really wanting to see some fists flying ^_^