Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mercedes using F1 and FIA to hurt Ferrari and Vettel : what can be done ?

Mercedes using F1 and FIA to hurt Ferrari and Vettel : what can be done ?

It is clear that Mercedes,Lauda and Hamilton have created a false concern about Seb Vettel's bumping of Hamilton at Baku city and that they are doing so for the sole reason of getting further action taken against Vettel and Ferrari and thus secure wins in the constructor's and driver's titles .
    We all know what is going on so the question is : what should be done about it ?
    I suggest TWO things and welcome suggestions as to how best to accomplish both .
    FIRST , a campaign directly to the FIA and to all media outlets .
    The campaign should point out the FACT that Mercedes and its minions are complaining about Vettel ONLY to help gain a point advantage and not for any moral reason or concern about the sport.
    SECOND, picketing at F1 events .
    A flood of flags at the entrances to all races ,fans on the track holding up the race and a similar mass of vocal tifosi telling down and drowning out any non-Ferrari driver or staff member on any an all podiums .
    We should let the sporting world know what Mercedes is doing and that we will not stand for it .
    It has been said that the hybrid era is Mercedes doing . That they worked on their hybrid PU's for over a decade before presenting it to F1 and Eccelstone with the promise and threat that only via hybrid adoption would Mercedes and other large manufacturers ever join the ranks of F1.
    Well only Mercedes joined and with the 12 -13 year head start the could not be matched power-wise.
    Mercedes got away with that and the question now is : since they got away with taking they race from us in Baku will thay also be permitted via their press manipulation and lobbying of F1 and the FIA get further action taken against one of our drivers and thus assure that they will ,through Hamilton, take the WDC from Vettel and assure another constructor's title. ?
    The time to act is now ! If the FIA rules against Vettel he FIA will never reconsider and thus Vettel's season is over and so is any chance for a Ferrari constructor's title .

"Donald, is that you?"

Quote Originally Posted by RIKDI View Post
    It is clear that Mercedes,Lauda and Hamilton have created a false concern about Seb Vettel's bumping of Hamilton at Baku city and that they are doing so for the sole reason of getting further action taken against Vettel and Ferrari and thus secure wins in the constructor's and driver's titles .
    We all know what is going on so the question is : what should be done about it ?
    I suggest TWO things and welcome suggestions as to how best to accomplish both .
    FIRST , a campaign directly to the FIA and to all media outlets .
    The campaign should point out the FACT that Mercedes and its minions are complaining about Vettel ONLY to help gain a point advantage and not for any moral reason or concern about the sport.
    SECOND, picketing at F1 events .
    A flood of flags at the entrances to all races ,fans on the track holding up the race and a similar mass of vocal tifosi telling down and drowning out any non-Ferrari driver or staff member on any an all podiums .
    We should let the sporting world know what Mercedes is doing and that we will not stand for it .
    It has been said that the hybrid era is Mercedes doing . That they worked on their hybrid PU's for over a decade before presenting it to F1 and Eccelstone with the promise and threat that only via hybrid adoption would Mercedes and other large manufacturers ever join the ranks of F1.
    Well only Mercedes joined and with the 12 -13 year head start the could not be matched power-wise.
    Mercedes got away with that and the question now is : since they got away with taking they race from us in Baku will thay also be permitted via their press manipulation and lobbying of F1 and the FIA get further action taken against one of our drivers and thus assure that they will ,through Hamilton, take the WDC from Vettel and assure another constructor's title. ?
    The time to act is now ! If the FIA rules against Vettel he FIA will never reconsider and thus Vettel's season is over and so is any chance for a Ferrari constructor's title .
    It is said that the vettel goes to tribunal on Monday so can't we do anything anything at all to show our support. I seriously do not have any idea what to do.. Experts and great minds plz provide a solution. And thanks for the initiative RIKDI..!!!
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

FIA will bend to the Merc's demands as they hold a lot of weight in F1, teams depend on them for engines and they are world champions, seeing Ferrari fans in the bunches like before would be really cool though

What are exactly Mercedes' demands? All I see is Hamilton's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    FIA will bend to the Merc's demands as they hold a lot of weight in F1, teams depend on them for engines and they are world champions, seeing Ferrari fans in the bunches like before would be really cool though
    But when the decision is influenced by the position or power of the team then I don't think its fair and also when it comes to team powers then there is no f1 without Ferrari coz other manufacturers come to f1 to prove themselves and increase their brand value when their market goes down to but it is Ferrari who give brand value to f1 so I think we have the power to turn things around but the question is will Ferrari do it..?
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    But when the decision is influenced by the position or power of the team then I don't think its fair and also when it comes to team powers then there is no f1 without Ferrari coz other manufacturers come to f1 to prove themselves and increase their brand value when their market goes down to but it is Ferrari who give brand value to f1 so I think we have the power to turn things around but the question is will Ferrari do it..?
    thats true, looks like Ferrari already put this overreaction from Baku behind them and are concentrating on Silverstone, im sure at Austria things will be awkward but i have a feeling they will just say whatever is done is done and be done with it.

Today Ross Brawn said what Vettel did was wrong but the passion was right. Given he speaks for the owners of F1, I would say if you read between the lines, this situation is over, time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    thats true, looks like Ferrari already put this overreaction from Baku behind them and are concentrating on Silverstone, im sure at Austria things will be awkward but i have a feeling they will just say whatever is done is done and be done with it.
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

Quote Originally Posted by GrndLkNatv View Post
    Today Ross Brawn said what Vettel did was wrong but the passion was right. Given he speaks for the owners of F1, I would say if you read between the lines, this situation is over, time to move on.
    Fingers crossed! I agree wholeheartedly with Brawn. While it wasn't the most appropriate thing to do, I'm happy our driver didn't just take it like a punk.

Disappointed Since 2010

Ross had the same to say when Seb's hero Schumy pushed Rubens within centimetres of a concrete wall . They were fighting for 10th place at hungary GP. Schumy got a 10 grid penalty, nearly killing Rubens. The same season Seb"s hero dangerous as can be , passed Alonso's Ferrari at the final corner @ Monaco. Seb just want's to be " Shumy 2". He should just text Luis an apology and move on like his hero did with Rubens. Both cases, no injuries.

Let's wait for the result of the hearing then we'll see. If the F1A decides something stupid against Seb then I suggest Ferrari should threaten to leave F1. We all know that Ferrari is the life blood of F1.
    Last edited by fmatiasii; 30th June 2017 at 11:48.
    Forza Ferrari

Oooi, you guru's.......please translate this for me. albeit its in italian, Mine ain't that good......please help as i feel something is up here :

http://topspeed.gazzetta.it/2017/06/...?refresh_ce-cp
    Drive it like you stole it!

Well, i'm no "guru" but i'll sum it up for you:
    This dude, Umberto Zapelloni, thinks that Jean Todt is the one who's at Vettel for that move and wants further penalties for the german. And that's because Todt fels Vettel just on his Road Safety campain. Reading on, he's expressing his oppinion on the matter that Vettel should noy be punished twice, and Ferrari should leave this circus.
    Vettel's points on the licence:
    2 points 2016 British GP, pushing Massa of the track
    2 points 2016 Malaysia Gp, causing Rosberg's accident in turn one
    2 points 2016 Mexico GP, more than one change on direction while defending
    3 points 2017 Azerbaijan GP, for hitting Hamshitlton.

Well, everybody is pissing in our direction: Todt, Brawn, Lauda...and they all worked for us. Lauda's first two WDCs were won with Ferrari.
    If not for all the safety nonsence we would have already had +400km/h on the staights, 7 G's lateral forces, and drivers fighting each other every minute of every race.

Quote Originally Posted by piglett View Post
    Well, i'm no "guru" but i'll sum it up for you:
    This dude, Umberto Zapelloni, thinks that Jean Todt is the one who's at Vettel for that move and wants further penalties for the german. And that's because Todt fels Vettel just on his Road Safety campain. Reading on, he's expressing his oppinion on the matter that Vettel should noy be punished twice, and Ferrari should leave this circus.
    Vettel's points on the licence:
    2 points 2016 British GP, pushing Massa of the track
    2 points 2016 Malaysia Gp, causing Rosberg's accident in turn one
    2 points 2016 Mexico GP, more than one change on direction while defending
    3 points 2017 Azerbaijan GP, for hitting Hamshitlton.

Well, everybody is pissing in our direction: Todt, Brawn, Lauda...and they all worked for us. Lauda's first two WDCs were won with Ferrari.
    If not for all the safety nonsence we would have already had +400km/h on the staights, 7 G's lateral forces, and drivers fighting each other every minute of every race.
    LOL

well said, so does this mean Seb will get 2 of his penalty points removed after the British GP?

Only if Massa pushes Vet off the track, me thinks. Payback served, points get transfered to the offending driver, and Hamster gets a race ban because...reasons., why not?! etc.

I would love to see Ferrari leave F1 even for just a year and see how F1 would fall to it's knees.
    Forza Ferrari

I would love to see Ferrari build it's own formula with:
    - all cars powered by Ferrari v10's with 20k rpm limit
    - fixed rim and tire size, fixed wheel base and track
    - refueling
    - bridgestone tires
    - 600kg max weight without driver and fuel
    - unlimited aero and chasis development.

And run this formula in parralel with formula one. Let's see who gets more view time and what the brits will do.

I think SkyF1 are doing more damage to us than any1 else! They are a complete joke, publishing only the negative comments about Seb and not comments from people who are ok with the punishment he recieved.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Also there is an another hidden intention behind the Jean todt's disappointment (overreaction)

Jean todt's running for fia president this time too, so may be he wants to prove people that he's apt for the position.... May be that's the hidden intention behind the launch of investigation against vettel.. also this zero tolerance attitude for a sport of adrenaline is so silly.. just a thought...
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

What I think of when I hear Hamilton's comments:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/...trip=all&w=320

Also can we even threat F1 of leaving it.. coz we have contract until 2020 right..? Wouldn't quiting lead to leagal proceedings against Ferrari..? In reality I can't see Ferrari doing such thing.... But I really want Ferrari to do something like that...
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Ross had the same to say when Seb's hero Schumy pushed Rubens within centimetres of a concrete wall . They were fighting for 10th place at hungary GP. Schumy got a 10 grid penalty, nearly killing Rubens. The same season Seb"s hero dangerous as can be , passed Alonso's Ferrari at the final corner @ Monaco. Seb just want's to be " Shumy 2". He should just text Luis an apology and move on like his hero did with Rubens. Both cases, no injuries.
    So he wants to be the F1 greatest's successor. Your point?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

You could try pointing out to the FIA (maybe twitter) that the Vettel Hamilton incident was caused by the Fact that the race could not restart safely after the first Safety car , because the rules would not allow any other procedure , so in effect Rules take a higher priority than Driver safety.
    FERRARI In F1 =
    has the prestige and passion for Motor Racing that is unrivaled

Hi all its been a long time since i have been on the forum. Lewis could not fight his way out of a wet paper bag.The only blows he would land are via the fia fancy wanting to go man to man with seb please spare me this in fact is aggression in itself seb got in first and showed lewi that he will not be pushed around.So lewis stop sooking and get on with it because the reds are.I know who i would back in a boxing ring and its not lewis ha.

He speaks for the promoter of F1, not the governing body.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    So he wants to be the F1 greatest's successor. Your point?

F1's greatest was Ayrton Senna, Luis' hero. But anyway If Seb gets pushed around, knocked around he probably knows that comes with being a Shumy2 in 2017. Y Times have changed. If that was Verstappens car Seb pushed, Seb would need a new car. Ferrari needs points, not someone trying to make a point!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    F1's greatest was Ayrton Senna, Luis' hero. But anyway If Seb gets pushed around, knocked around he probably knows that comes with being a Shumy2 in 2017. Y Times have changed. If that was Verstappens car Seb pushed, Seb would need a new car. Ferrari needs points, not someone trying to make a point!
    Senna made a point in Japan. Hmmmm

"If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Calm down guys, nothing is going to happen. They will tell Vettel he was a bad boy and he will have to pay some €€€€. I doubt they will have the balls to ban him for one race or take points away from him.

I hope their review of this also takes a hard look at the process in place (the Stewards of the Race, one of the 3 being a "guest steward" for that race only). This system seems very flawed & leads to many inconsistencies (Kyvat was penalised twice for the same infraction in Canada. He served the "correct" penalty after already serving the "incorrect" penalty! )
    Fixing this & the horrible safety car restarts will go a long way towards better racing.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

If they start with making decisions after the race in tribunals as often as before, the few new fans will soon disappear. Not having so many penalties during the race has helped the show this year, not sure the new owners want the sport to go back to lawyers and committees deciding the race results!