Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Austrian GP 2017 - Practice & Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Imagine thinking a 40 mph tap will cause a gearbox to break
    #askcrofty

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    That's why they retired kimi car with 2 laps to go makes sense since he was out the points
    Im glad! i wonder if Bottas is carrying any damage

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Mercs upgrades there cars nonstop and they seem to get positive results every time
    Our guys do the same every race.Baku, we had the race pace to stay with Lewis, and we will be again close this weekend.

After the dire year last year, some people still not happy. Merc have not, so far, out developed us, quali pace, they may have slight edge, track depending. Race pace, we always there.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

how many races this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    We are on #7...13 more to go.
    I stand corrected....my bad, sorry. We are on #9 sooooo 11 more to go. Almost halfway there.

A GOOD DAY AT THE OFFICE
    ferrari-Media
    Seb (2nd) and Kimi (6th) gear up for Spielberg: “We’ve made some improvements”

Spielberg, July 7 – A short burst of rain between P1 and P2 did not prevent Scuderia Ferrari drivers from going through their planned programme, as the afternoon session stayed dry throughout. Sebastian ended up P2 and Kimi P6 in a session where familiarisation was more crucial than lap times.

“Today we did a lot of laps and learnt a lot about the car,” commented Seb. “We had a good feel with it and that is what we need. So, we’ll see what we can do tomorrow. We understood the problems we had in Baku, but here it’s completely different. The weather and the asphalt temperature are not the same as they were there. Today it is still difficult to judge, but the car is very good and we made some improvements. We proceed step by step; tomorrow we’ll have another free practice session and then we’ll see”.

Kimi had a slightly more troublesome day, but in the end he was not worried about the remainder of the weekend: “It was a very normal day, trying different solutions and seeing how they went. We struggled a bit with some things, but we know what is going on and we should be able to fix it. It was one of those Fridays, not great and not bad either. Obviously it could have been a bit better and straightforward, but it’s only the first day of practice. I don’t think it will be very difficult with tires as long as we do the normal things; it’s a very similar story as any other race. Now we have to go through everything and improve for tomorrow”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

some nice quotes from all the drivers

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/f...n-austria.html

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I stand corrected....my bad, sorry. We are on #9 sooooo 11 more to go. Almost halfway there.
    hehe this season is flying fast

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    A GOOD DAY AT THE OFFICE
    ferrari-Media
    Seb (2nd) and Kimi (6th) gear up for Spielberg: “We’ve made some improvements”

Spielberg, July 7 – A short burst of rain between P1 and P2 did not prevent Scuderia Ferrari drivers from going through their planned programme, as the afternoon session stayed dry throughout. Sebastian ended up P2 and Kimi P6 in a session where familiarisation was more crucial than lap times.

“Today we did a lot of laps and learnt a lot about the car,” commented Seb. “We had a good feel with it and that is what we need. So, we’ll see what we can do tomorrow. We understood the problems we had in Baku, but here it’s completely different. The weather and the asphalt temperature are not the same as they were there. Today it is still difficult to judge, but the car is very good and we made some improvements. We proceed step by step; tomorrow we’ll have another free practice session and then we’ll see”.

Kimi had a slightly more troublesome day, but in the end he was not worried about the remainder of the weekend: “It was a very normal day, trying different solutions and seeing how they went. We struggled a bit with some things, but we know what is going on and we should be able to fix it. It was one of those Fridays, not great and not bad either. Obviously it could have been a bit better and straightforward, but it’s only the first day of practice. I don’t think it will be very difficult with tires as long as we do the normal things; it’s a very similar story as any other race. Now we have to go through everything and improve for tomorrow”.
    Seb & Kimi both did over 50 laps! impressive

Seb & Kimi both did over 50 laps! impressive
    Gotta love their work ethic. Way to go Ferrari all around.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Seasons always faster when your winning I remember 2014 feeling like so long and just praying 2015 would be better

Regardless of Ferrari's performances, 2014-2016 is the worst era of F1, just after golden period of 2006-2012 and finally we have a season worth watching this year :)

Now that Ham will face a 5 grid penalty, Seb must make sure to finish at least P2.

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    Now that Ham will face a 5 grid penalty, Seb must make sure to finish at least P2.
    whatever happened to actually WIN the race??? cause that is every drivers' goal going into the weekend

so let's hope we take the win tomorrow.....we are THAT GOOD this year compared to last year that we can actually FIGHT for wins at every race

Forza Ferrari
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    whatever happened to actually WIN the race??? cause that is every drivers' goal going into the weekend

so let's hope we take the win tomorrow.....we are THAT GOOD this year compared to last year that we can actually FIGHT for wins at every race

Forza Ferrari
    I think what he mean is in quali, not in the race. Nobody in this forum wants Ferrari drivers in the second or third step of podium.

Glad u changed ur opinion now

Just hope Kimi can find some speed to keep Hamilton behind in the race. Good opportunity to close the wcc points deficit.

The amount of laps done by both drivers on SS is to understand n get more data on it. So that they can go with perfect set up, right warm up procedure n balance. This is what was lacking in Baku, they couldn't do proper lap hence they didn't find right balance for quali, warm issues etc.
    If we fine tune little bit n get more from our car then vet will challenge for pole.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    The amount of laps done by both drivers on SS is to understand n get more data on it. So that they can go with perfect set up, right warm up procedure n balance. This is what was lacking in Baku, they couldn't do proper lap hence they didn't find right balance for quali, warm issues etc.
    If we fine tune little bit n get more from our car then vet will challenge for pole.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

Forza Ferrari
    Abosolutely!!!! Aim for more, for win!!!

His is a golden opportunity to extend our points lead in the championship. Ferrari must make hay while the sun shines. If Seb doesn't win this race (or come second to Kimi or Bottas) I will be extremely disappointed.

If Kimi is behind Seb, he must slow Hamilton as much as possible. Payback for Bottas in Barcelona.

I'm very excited and encouraged. I hope it all plays out as we hope... starting with a flawless qualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    His is a golden opportunity to extend our points lead in the championship. Ferrari must make hay while the sun shines. If Seb doesn't win this race (or come second to Kimi or Bottas) I will be extremely disappointed.

If Kimi is behind Seb, he must slow Hamilton as much as possible. Payback for Bottas in Barcelona.

I'm very excited and encouraged. I hope it all plays out as we hope... starting with a flawless qualifying.
    Yeah payback time.
    But this payback should be only if Kimi way behind bottas n vet.
    If on good merit Kimi is 2nd right behind vet. Ferrari should not risk his position. As we know WCC is also a top priority.

Bottas n mercs will go all out n attack for P1 or P2 atleast.
    So as to stay ahead of vet. So that bottas can block him for ham. Or bottas can take victory.

Kimi got new gear box with no penalty, as he didn't finish race in Baku.

Realistically i dont think Vettel will beable to take P1 or P2

so if i does manage to get P3, he HAS to beable to pass bottas early in the race or else he will block Seb until Hamilton does pitstop strategy to get ahead

Hamilton may have a grid penalty but we shouldn't get too excited, there's always the risk of a first lap incident and the weather may interfere, I'm totally against making fun of misfortune, but of course it should help us, for which I'm grateful, let's make the most of it!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Hamilton may have a grid penalty but we shouldn't get too excited, there's always the risk of a first lap incident and the weather may interfere, I'm totally against making fun of misfortune, but of course it should help us, for which I'm grateful, let's make the most of it!

Expeciallu we are talking about Mercedes. He can win from almost any place on the grid...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

Expeciallu we are talking about Mercedes. He can win from almost any place on the grid...
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post

Agreed,

to me Hamilton winning is very much still highly on the cards, especially the way bottas takes out ferrari's and plays team games

Realistically i dont think Vettel will beable to take P1 or P2
    Why not? I think he can get P2 at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Why not? I think he can get P2 at least.
    Whilst i think Vettel is way better a driver than Bottas, i just dont think he can make up the gap mercs have in Quali over Ferrari, esecially if Ferrari were oil burning before just to catch up to them

Agreed,

to me Hamilton winning is very much still highly on the cards, especially the way bottas takes out ferrari's and plays team games
    Hope Max and Ricciardo is strong to fight against Ham if he is behind them

Whilst i think Vettel is way better a driver than Bottas, i just dont think he can make up the gap mercs have in Quali over Ferrari, esecially if Ferrari were oil burning before just to catch up to them
    unless I'm mistaken Ham will start from row 3 at best due to his penalty.