Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 31415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Austrian GP 2017 - Practice & Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    BBC are salty

Attachment 7213

So they're saying that Vettel is more like Senna than Hamilton is?

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    also hamiltons done aggressive driving in his career surely you would think a government run media outlet like the bbc would be more professional and neutral then that

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Lots of great minds in that Thinktank, Ferrari is not very far behind at the moment
    yes i agree Merc 48 years and ferrari catch up in about 5 years
    FERRARI In F1 =
    has the prestige and passion for Motor Racing that is unrivaled

yep Schumacher was like that at Benetton in 1992/93 but matured and the rest is history
    That era was when they allowed testing in the F1 cars. Michael tested and tested with new parts and got the car dialed in either with Benetton or Ferrari. Today, testing is

banned, hence one reason why Honda is in the position its in. IMO, I think they need to bring back testing and lift the test ban; it would certainly make things competitive on

the field.

also hamiltons done aggressive driving in his career surely you would think a government run media outlet like the bbc would be more professional and neutral then that
    I don't know why their F1 coverage is so biased. When the subject is golf, or tennis, or football, or any other sport, the BBC is a good source of information and does not go overboard in rooting for the home teams/players. Sure they favor Andy Murray over Federer or Nadal, but they're never obnoxious about it.

But when it comes to F1 all their professionalism goes out the window and they're like some trashy tabloid.

Lewis Hamilton: "If Sebastian Vettel wins the race, it will continue the lucky streak he is on."

*****milton not man enough to give seb credit for any great performance he might have or has had
    He is such an ***.

** MIND THE LANGUAGE PLEASE**
    Last edited by REDARMYSOJA; 9th July 2017 at 01:38. Reason: Language

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    Where's the "crash into the back of Kimi stopped in pit lane under red light conditions" symbol?

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    He is such an ***.

** MIND THE LANGUAGE PLEASE**
    He is such an

Donkey_(Shrek).png

Is that better? Jeez... You guys make it sound like I said something inappropriate.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    That era was when they allowed testing in the F1 cars. Michael tested and tested with new parts and got the car dialed in either with Benetton or Ferrari. Today, testing is

banned, hence one reason why Honda is in the position its in. IMO, I think they need to bring back testing and lift the test ban; it would certainly make things competitive on

the field.
    Yes, I definitely agree on this matter. I think the reason why they ban the testing is to favor mercs when they finally decided to introduce the hybrid.

Raikkonen suggested the result was good damage limitation after he struggled through Friday practice, placing sixth in FP1 and FP2.

"Considering how difficult or bad - whichever way you want to look at it - the weekend has been, we're going to start third place tomorrow so that's at least something good," Raikkonen said.

"It could have been an awful lot worse. The car should be OK for the race. It's not been very easy so far but I think we're in a decent place to start tomorrow."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...ri-928191/?s=1
    The problem with Ferrari is if Seb has some trouble in Quali or race, Kimi doesn't pick up the mantle of being the faster driver and taking the fight to Mercedes. Look at Merc, if HAM is in trouble, Bottas is there to give Ferrari a tough fight.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Why Kimi struggling at every race I'm unable to understand. Car is good, working in every conditions apart from Baku.
    FP1,FP2,FP3 are the sessions for the driver to find right balance n set-up going into the race.
    It's his feedback on car n track, engineer will set the car up to his liking. But still he's unable to fight like bottas who's always right there in top3 during quali in this season.
    I'm finding it difficult to see him in the red car again.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Why Kimi struggling at every race I'm unable to understand. Car is good, working in every conditions apart from Baku.
    FP1,FP2,FP3 are the sessions for the driver to find right balance n set-up going into the race.
    It's his feedback on car n track, engineer will set the car up to his liking. But still he's unable to fight like bottas who's always right there in top3 during quali in this season.
    I'm finding it difficult to see him in the red car again.
    I get your point, so I guess it's really time to replace Kimi.

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    I get your point, so I guess it's really time to replace Kimi.
    If they are driving the same cars, than it must be him...

Weather update like I said yesterday. Right around the time when the race will start, their will be some deep convection with some local t-storms in the track vacinity. For now it doesnt look too strong, it looks like just light rain, or maybe max moderate, but still this can change everything.

You can watch high res radar image here. I pointed the location of the circuit.

http://www.arso.gov.si/vreme/napoved...tki/radar.html

Cheers.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 9th July 2017 at 08:06.

Gutted that I will miss the race, in holiday in Abu Dhabi and will be doing Ferrari World around the time of the race.

Lewis Hamilton: "If Sebastian Vettel wins the race, it will continue the lucky streak he is on."

douchemilton not man enough to give seb credit for any great performance he might have or has had
    What a joke . Vettel had more than twice his bad luck .

Actually apart from Hamilton or Merc mistakes (which is not bad luck but underperforming) the only time I remember him had bad luck was in Monaco qualy .

While Vettel had a lot of bad luck especially with safety cars . In China instead of winning the race he fought from 5th to 2nd . In Bahrain SC was going again to make him lose the lead after using the undercut if it wasn't for the Merc mistakes at the pitstop . In Spain the VSC lost him about 10 sec advantage over Hamilton and made it easier for Hamilton to overtake him . Even in Canada the timing of the safety car masked the real problem of the FW and if it was 1 lap after, it was going to be another story and easy podium . And the accident with Max was also a bad luck and not a mistake he made . And Vettel had to fight from last to 4th .

And reliability issues Vettel used 4 TC and 3 MGU-H from earlier this season . And if I'm not mistaken he has the worse reliability after Mclaren drivers . Not only that but he changed his engine twice before qualy this season . While Hamilton has a very clean season so far and only the gearbox problem this race .

I don't understand how he believes that vettel is lucky

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    If they are driving the same cars, than it must be him...
    Agreed. I don't see why they are not driving the same car.

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    What a joke . Vettel had more than twice his bad luck .

Actually apart from Hamilton or Merc mistakes (which is not bad luck but underperforming) the only time I remember him had bad luck was in Monaco qualy .

While Vettel had a lot of bad luck especially with safety cars . In China instead of winning the race he fought from 5th to 2nd . In Bahrain SC was going again to make him lose the lead after using the undercut if it wasn't for the Merc mistakes at the pitstop . In Spain the VSC lost him about 10 sec advantage over Hamilton and made it easier for Hamilton to overtake him . Even in Canada the timing of the safety car masked the real problem of the FW and if it was 1 lap after, it was going to be another story and easy podium . And the accident with Max was also a bad luck and not a mistake he made . And Vettel had to fight from last to 4th .

And reliability issues Vettel used 4 TC and 3 MGU-H from earlier this season . And if I'm not mistaken he has the worse reliability after Mclaren drivers . Not only that but he changed his engine twice before qualy this season . While Hamilton has a very clean season so far and only the gearbox problem this race .

I don't understand how he believes that vettel is lucky [emoji38]

Skickat från min E6553 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Weather update like I said yesterday. Right around the time when the race will start, their will be some deep convection with some local t-storms in the track vacinity. For now it doesnt look too strong, it looks like just light rain, or maybe max moderate, but still this can change everything.
    https://s1.postimg.org/yvj6waidr/Brez_naslova.png

You can watch high res radar image here. I pointed the locaction of the circuit.

http://www.arso.gov.si/vreme/napoved...tki/radar.html

Cheers.
    Thanks for the update

https://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:00000.21.11165
    60% possibility for t-storms between 14:00-16:00
    Last edited by bonzo; 9th July 2017 at 08:37.

Sergio Marchionne is at the track

..rain looks like definite... sadly

Sergio Marchionne is at the track

..rain looks like definite... sadly
    Oh no....if he's at the track. Then there's lot of pressure do deliver & considering his visits in the past at the tracks. Ferrari didn't have good starts n results of both cars.
    I'm more worried about his visit than rain now.

Oh no....if he's at the track. Then there's lot of pressure do deliver & considering his visits in the past at the tracks. Ferrari didn't have good starts n results of both cars.
    I'm more worried about his visit than rain now.
    leclerc already crashed out, 0_0 that rain could be coming with him

1. Bottas n Kimi vulnerable in these conditions
    2. Max is a real threat if it rains
    3. RB went with high DF set up

Only one thing to feel happy is ham's strategy is out now.

1. Bottas n Kimi vulnerable in these conditions
    2. Max is a real threat if it rains
    3. RB went with high DF set up

Only one thing to feel happy is ham's strategy is out now.
    i think the rain is expected about 20minutes into the race, it could actually help him.

RB were indeed smart yesterday, is Seb good in rain? never heard anyone compliment his rain driving skills yet

Ferrari & mercs will have new engines with more power in Silverstone @AMUS F1

Strange, the circuit website says "chance of rain 0%"
    https://www.projekt-spielberg.com/en/formula-1/news

i think the rain is expected about 20minutes into the race, it could actually help him.

RB were indeed smart yesterday, is Seb good in rain? never heard anyone compliment his rain driving skills yet
    Vet is good on wet track conditions

Is rain on for entire race or any particular part of race??

Vet is good on wet track conditions
    thank the lordy , those damn SC and VSCs can make or break today