Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Austrian GP 2017 - Practice & Qualifying

What do you think how will we do if rain?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    i must of just imagined the failures and time lost in practice the bad luck from safety cars and the 4 engine parts used Lewis acts like hes in alonso position with failures i suppose got to find excuses for why your behind seb despite having a faster car
    exactly , this guy even trash talked the indy500 drivers questioning their talent and now calls it luck & not talent for Seb, when Douche44 has had the luck of driving the no.1 car the past few years. So very very glad Rosberg won last year

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    What do you think how will we do if rain?
    Im not sure, in rain last year Seb & Kimi lost places and spun a lot...if i remember

Max & Lewis are very very good in wet weather

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Im not sure, in rain last year Seb & Kimi lost places and spun a lot...if i remember

But as far as I remember we did extensive wet tier test for pirelli, it must count for something

exactly , this guy even trash talked the indy500 drivers questioning their talent and now calls it luck & not talent for Seb, when Douche44 has had the luck of driving the no.1 car the past few years. So very very glad Rosberg won last year
    yup....We shall see if Bottas slows Vettel up while Lewis plays catch-up; if it rains, anything is pretty much up in the air.

totally different car from 2016 to 2017 so to make a comparison, IMO, is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    But as far as I remember we did extensive wet tier test for pirelli, it must count for something
    O! Good

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    yup....We shall see if Bottas slows Vettel up while Lewis plays catch-up; if it rains, anything is pretty much up in the air.

totally different car from 2016 to 2017 so to make a comparison, IMO, is pointless.
    How was our wet tyre testing? anything that can be compared?

How was our wet tyre testing? anything that can be compared?
    wet tyre testing went well....to compare it too???? China 2017...that was wet somewhat in the opening lap but not a good full on wet.

wet tyre testing went well....to compare it too???? China 2017...that was wet somewhat in the opening lap but not a good full on wet.
    lol compared to other teams wet testing, you tend to have tons of info at your finger tips, i forgot about china! how did kimi do in the early stages, i know seb got boxed in and lost places early on

lol compared to other teams wet testing, you tend to have tons of info at your finger tips, i forgot about china! how did kimi do in the early stages, i know seb got boxed in and lost places early on
    race highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFH38CL1Ots

Mad Max on the opening lap with place counter.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBRhuhU5WHM

Honestly, I don't want rain race tomorrow. When it rains it is always a lottery, and I am not feeling comfortable with it. I was back in the day when great MS drove for Ferrari, nowadays I am not...

race highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFH38CL1Ots

Mad Max on the opening lap with place counter.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBRhuhU5WHM
    see

Hmmm Max will be a threat tomorrow if it indeed rains

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Honestly, I don't want rain race tomorrow. When it rains it is always a lottery, and I am not feeling comfortable with it. I was back in the day when great MS drove for Ferrari, nowadays I am not...
    Same! lol MS in rain was like seeing a man against the boys, now...to me Max and Ham seem most comfortable

Honestly, I don't want rain race tomorrow. When it rains it is always a lottery, and .......
    yup...even one of the backmarker teams could win i.e. Sauber, Mclaren, STR

What time is the race starting in Austria?

What time is the race starting in Austria?
    14:00 Euro time...I believe 2pm

7:00am my time...central

http://www.metcheck.com/HOBBIES/form....asp?raceID=39

Very light showers and light rain around the 14:00 /13:00 UK mark , lots of cloud cover
    Last edited by mwk360; 8th July 2017 at 19:28.

http://www.metcheck.com/HOBBIES/form....asp?raceID=39

Very light showers and light rain around the 14:00 BST /13:00 UK mark , lots of cloud cover

My map (weatherchannel) says like a 5% chance around that time.....sooo hopefully, we look to have a dry track.

My map (weatherchannel) says like a 5% chance around that time.....sooo hopefully, we look to have a dry track.

Well said. Only guy I think can get close to the Great MS is Max. We should have him. He is rough around the edges, but he is good. He is fast. He is like Schumi in some ways. You guve him a sniff and he is on you like white on rice.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Well said. Only guy I think can get close to the Great MS is Max. We should have him. He is rough around the edges, but he is good. He is fast. He is like Schumi in some ways. You guve him a sniff and he is on you like white on rice.
    Max is the most natural talented driver on the grid but hes very inconsistent and loses to many points with silly collisions

Max is the most natural talented driver on the grid but hes very inconsistent and loses to many points with silly collisions
    Yes, I agree with you, but I think its because he is young. When he is about 22 or 23, he will be one of the best. He is so good in the wet and he is like spicy arabiata! He can be duche, maybe little arrogant, ok very arrogant sometimes, but very good. I see why Red Bull promoted him.

Most(majority) of his point loss this year have been DNF's (mechanical failures). I think Alonso has more pts than him just from the Baku finish.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Yes, I agree with you, but I think its because he is young. When he is about 22 or 23, he will be one of the best. He is so good in the wet and he is like spicy arabiata! He can be duche, maybe little arrogant, ok very arrogant sometimes, but very good. I see why Red Bull promoted him.
    yep Schumacher was like that at Benetton in 1992/93 but matured and the rest is history

Most(majority) of his point loss this year have been DNF's (mechanical failures). I think Alonso has more pts than him just from the Baku finish.
    Alonso has done more race laps than Max but Max has outscored him 45 to 2 he seems to have matured alot since mexico but redbull haven't been racing anyone this year

he seems to have matured alot since mexico but redbull haven't been racing anyone this year
    I also think Horner has matured as well....que/rollback 2014/2015 when he threw Renault under the bus ranting and raving.....NOW, the man is silent and have'nt heard one peep

about this or that having to do with Renault reliability.

“I believe there is a bit of rain coming tomorrow at noon so it should be interesting and not that straight forward,” he said. “Lewis will try to come up the ranks as well so it will be exciting.” - Ric

RB predict rain

If it rains, I doubt Kimi will finish atleast.
    Generally he's not good on wet track.
    For me king of wet racing definetly MS. Later Alonso, then button, Vettel
    Recently got admired to mad max of skills on wet track.

“I believe there is a bit of rain coming tomorrow at noon so it should be interesting and not that straight forward,” he said. “Lewis will try to come up the ranks as well so it will be exciting.” - Ric

RB predict rain
    He's predicting, not confirming.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    He's predicting, not confirming.
    Yup