Thread: Happiest F1 races

Happiest F1 races

What are the races that brought you the most happiness? Here's my list:

5. Malaysia 2015 - after going two years without a win, Vettel produced great tyre management to put the red car to where it belongs. I was quietly confident the previous day but the Mercedes was favourite. At that time I was becoming less fanatic about F1 so it was a great day to see Ferrari win again.

4. Korea 2010 - win for Alonso and double DNF for Red Bulls, it couldn't have been much better than that. Even Felipe was on the podium! It put the Spaniard in the title lead after being a long way off in the summer. I was still recovering from illness but that hadn't stopped me from being overjoyed. In perspective it looks less positive because the championship was lost that day.

3. Brazil 2007 - it might find strange not to be P1 but at that time I was still pretty young (12) and not at my most passionate yet about this sport. I was still a pretty big fan though and the events were rather amazing. You couldn't write the script with Hamilton in the gravel and then slowing down in Brazil.

2. Europe 2012 - it's very close between first and second. After disastrous qualifying results and with Valencia's reputation it was going to be a difficult Sunday. However all the improbable things happened today, with Schumi joining them on the podium. You can watch this grand prix all over again.

1. Malaysia 2012 - Ferrari was nowhere at the start of 2012 so I was praying for rain to come to the rescue. I felt something very good previous evening, and the most incredible grand prix since I watch happened. Only Pirelli knows how Alonso and Perez gapped the rest of the field on inters. And Perez's late mistake only confirmed that it was a Ferrari day.

1. I would go with 2015 singapore GP too..stunning pole n perfect race from vet
    2. 2010 races all of them where Alonso won especially.

Spain 1996, Japan 2000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hockenheim 2000, Monza 2000, 2004, Austria 2003

Brazil 2008 - seeing Felipes papa celebrate the title the time Massa was champion was a powerful moment! Needless to say, the minutes afterwards was one of the worst experiences.....
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

The first laps of Brazil 2012 when vettel spun and Malaysia 2012, 2015 and Australia 2017 when after tough years before we finally had a winning car

Canada 1995

Austria 2002 ! Go Rubens!!

I have to say Monaco 2017. Seeing a 1-2 Ferrari after all these years, and to top it all hearing the Italian and German anthem brought me back to Schumi years

well this century it would have to be Japan 2000 and Brazil 2007.

FerrariSteve Guest
    My memory sucks, but I'll try.

1970 Monaco, the first race I ever saw, you could say the race that sparked off a lifetime passion. Jochen Rindt winning on the last lap was awesome and had 8 year old me an instant F1 and Rindt fan.

1971 USA, My new F1 hero Francois Cevert won his first (and sadly last) race.

1984 Monaco, awesome race with Senna and Bellof blowing everyone away (I was livid when it was red flagged)

1991 Spa, a new driver appears and one who instantly makes his mark and impresses big time!

1993 Donnington, for obvious reasons

1994 Spain, Michael stuck in 5th gear but still came 2nd, amazing talent

1995 Spa, Michael winning from 16th place and giving Hill a driving lesson in the process. Amazing!

1996 Spain, Utter masterclass from Michael. Embarrassed the rest of the grid

1998 Silverstone, Michael winning in the pitline. lol awesome

1999 Malaysia, Michael blowing everyone away on his return!

2000 Suzuka, ..need I comment? :D

I could go on..

interesting how only 2 people (myself and OP) have mentioned Brazil 2007.
    I guess Kimi was never that popular.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    My memory sucks, but I'll try.

1970 Monaco, the first race I ever saw, you could say the race that sparked off a lifetime passion. Jochen Rindt winning on the last lap was awesome and had 8 year old me an instant F1 and Rindt fan.

1971 USA, My new F1 hero Francois Cevert won his first (and sadly last) race.

1984 Monaco, awesome race with Senna and Bellof blowing everyone away (I was livid when it was red flagged)

1991 Spa, a new driver appears and one who instantly makes his mark and impresses big time!

1993 Donnington, for obvious reasons

1994 Spain, Michael stuck in 5th gear but still came 2nd, amazing talent

1995 Spa, Michael winning from 16th place and giving Hill a driving lesson in the process. Amazing!

1996 Spain, Utter masterclass from Michael. Embarrassed the rest of the grid

1998 Silverstone, Michael winning in the pitline. lol awesome

1999 Malaysia, Michael blowing everyone away on his return!

2000 Suzuka, ..need I comment? :D

I could go on..
    Wov!!! What I can say!!! Just Wov! I am not that, how to put it, experienced, I am just 44 years old, and I have started in the 80's to watch F1 racing. Immediately fall in love with the red cars. It is from there that I am, and always will be TEAM SUPPORTER, not a driver, but there is one really stacked into my memory and heart. The great Michael Schumacher. For most of the races I agree with you, oldest I don't know, for obvious reasons of my age. I would just put one more, I have attended. Hungaroring 1998. Michael driving like possessed. After failing to overtake Mika Hakkinen at the start, team has changed his race strategy from 2 to 3 pit stops in a way to try and win it. And the rest is, as they say... History!!!
    I can say, I WAS THERE!!!
    Last edited by stefa; 12th July 2017 at 11:32.

F1 Indy 2002 !! Rubens !!