Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Austrian GP 2017 - Race

In those two races where Merc should decrease our lead, we managed to extend it, not bad

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    It does not matter if he passes or not. It is a drag race to the first corner and he accelerates earlier. It is blatant.
    No I get that. But if the rule says you can't move that's one thing. If it says you can't cross the line that's another.

For instance. I drag race. I always stage shallow meaning I just barely turn on the bottom bulbs on the starting tree. This gives my front wheels about a foot before I trip the beams and the timing starts. This is perfectly legal. My car starts to move out before the timing beam is triggered. Granted, it's only about a foot, but it is moving. Time doesn't start I till I trip the beams.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    NBC just showed a video where he moved before the lights went out. He didn't cross the grid box tho. What does the rule say?
    Pretty sure it is no movement until lights out, otherwise you would see drivers setting up as far behind the grid box front line as is legal then trying for a "rolling start", so to speak.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Cmon Ferrari be smart and bring the evidences again to the FIA.

Ferrari should demand an investigation about the jump start issue. The evidence showing forward movement is compelling and requires a resolution.

Maybe we should analyse more the time sheet and the top speed data because jump start is over now. Why we were so slow on US tyres?

Guys IMHO there is no point debating this Bottas jump start.
    There is such a short run to the start it won't have made much difference.
    Race was lost yesterday thanks to Grosjean spoiling second runs and Seb running wide at last corner at his first attempt.
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

Yeah I agree we should move on, the next GP is just 7 days away. We need to improve the engine, thank god the new ice is incoming and also new shell fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by prancing horse View Post
    Guys IMHO there is no point debating this Bottas jump start.
    There is such a short run to the start it won't have made much difference.
    Race was lost yesterday thanks to Grosjean spoiling second runs and Seb running wide at last corner at his first attempt.
    If it was really a jump start, a 5 sec penalty would make the difference.

With Vettel extending his lead and Bottas winning races, Ham will be under a lot of pressure to win his home GP.

Quote Originally Posted by alfa84 View Post
    Maybe we should analyse more the time sheet and the top speed data because jump start is over now. Why we were so slow on US tyres?
    Higher track temp than expected in the early part of the race. I think everybody overheat their tyres but ours was affected more because the nature of our car that heat the tyre a bit quicker than others.

Well they cant forge telemetry data.
    Seb was slow off the line himself.
    Bottas does take chances at starts and sometimes they come off. In Baku it backfired.
    If he continues in this vein he will spoil his own chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    With Vettel extending his lead and Bottas winning races, Ham will be under a lot of pressure to win his home GP.
    This year might be the last race at Silverstone. It is under tremendous financial pressure and the governing body that oversee's the track are elluding to walking away from the

F1 calender for 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    This year might be the last race at Silverstone. It is under tremendous financial pressure and the governing body that oversee's the track are elluding to walking away from the

F1 calender for 2018.
    They have a contract until 2019, they want a new deal for 2020 onwards
    Forza Ferrari

We been here before. Same thing happened in 2000s with BRDC and FOM. IMO BRDC is deliberatly playing this game right before British GP and publicly, also knowing Bernie is not in charge anynore.
    Funnily enough if i recall correctly back in 2000s Bernie did offer to take over Silverstone but BRDC didn't agree.
    It is basically a business which losing is losing money and we know what happens to them eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    They have a contract until 2019, they want a new deal for 2020 onwards
    Quote Originally Posted by prancing horse View Post
    We been here before. Same thing happened in 2000s with BRDC and FOM. IMO BRDC is deliberatly playing this game right before British GP and publicly, also knowing Bernie is not in charge anynore.
    Funnily enough if i recall correctly back in 2000s Bernie did offer to take over Silverstone but BRDC didn't agree.
    It is basically a business which losing is losing money and we know what happens to them eventually.
    correct to both. The contract is still under the "old Bernie-esque regime" and I see it that way too; Silverstone wanting to break the current contract with "threatening" to walk

away for 2018 so Liberty can renegotiate a current new one instead of waiting for 2019.

It is very clear
    It looks like Merc telemetry is something special with the FIA
    Yesterday Ham and today Bottas

https://twitter.com/EnricoTornello/s...35680606801921
    Last edited by House; 9th July 2017 at 15:17.

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    It is very clear
    It looks like Merc telemetry is something special with the FIA
    Yesterday Ham and today Vet

https://twitter.com/EnricoTornello/s...35680606801921

Guys we dont need those 7 poits won off the track. Its just an illusion. We need a faster car. Remember Alonso being 60 poins ahead of Vettel? Who won that championship?

Guys we dont need those 7 poits won off the track. Its just an illusion. We need a faster car. Remember Alonso being 60 poins ahead of Vettel? Who won that championship?
    He never did

Remember Alonso being 60 poins ahead of Vettel? Who won that championship?
    2012 ? Vettel by 3 points i think, and he sent Grosjean a nice x-mas card that year.

2012 ? Vettel by 3 points i think, and he sent Grosjean a nice x-mas card that year.
    In F1 magazine(2013), Alonso was asked during a Q & A if there was one race in his life (at the time) that he could do over again.....Spa 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    In F1 magazine(2013), Alonso was asked during a Q & A if there was one race in his life (at the time) that he could do over again.....Spa 2012.
    Not surprised, what a punch in the gut that was.

yup...what a massive pile-up that was on the opening lap; GRO was penalized for the next race.

Today's race was" interesting" and "everything" was possible in that again Ferrari was not fairly treated and Mercedes was given an unfair advantage.
    Both of those events are subsumed by the fact that Bottas jumped at the start and yet the race steward did nothing about it even though the start was reviewed.
    There are online postings of the racer start which show Bottas' car ( and thus his front wheels) in the same view as the starting lights .
    All one needs to do is stop the recording as soon as it shows Bottas' front tires roll forward. If you look at the staring lights at that point it is clear that the lights ARE STILL ON. Therefore ,Bottas jumped .
    For those who have never watched a drag race the way one sees a jump is to look for tire roll as you cannot see the car's body move unless the motion is exaggerated but, tire roll can easily be seen and in this instance one ,anyone, can clearly see that Bottas' tire rolled forward a bit before the lights went out.
    the question is this : since the race steward ,in typical "Mercedes is always right "fashion allowed the jump what can we do to force F1 or the FIA to act and make sure that Bottas is properly penalized and the race win awarded to the actual winner :Vettel ?

Well bigger punch was in Suzuka..

Do you think we have the car and the development strength to win this championship?

Do you think we have the car and the development strength to win this championship?
    http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/f...Englisch%29%29

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post