Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: British GP 2017 practice and qualifying thread

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Soooo, for those of you who feel the stewards are biased towards Hamilton or Mercedes during this British GP and probably think they(stewards) are all from the UK???

Here they are:

- Dr Gerd Ennser from Germany - attorney in Motorsport racing

- Danny Sullivan from the USA - former Indycar race car driver with 17 wins under his belt

- Nish Shetty from Singapore - FIA steward (he among other stewards reprimanded Lewis in 2016 - https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...nds-russian-gp)

- Nicky Moffit from UK - safety delegate

but I digress
    You might have a point, but, you forgot that they all work for FIA, (Fraud International Automotive)
    Its not about a country, its an agenda. Its doing what mercedes wants. They got the FIA by the balls!! They might as well just shave them off, and put a fake pair.

Merc got updated engine too. Gap is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax84 View Post
    Half a second down. So much for the engine upgrade. Hammy will walk this race. Lets hope we can finish P2, P3 and mad Max doesn't crash into us at the start.
    you should place a sizeable bet on him winning then, easy money.

Good effort from the team but prima donna HAM is obviously going to be the focus of attention, hopefully we have the race pace to change all that tomorrow.

Just watched Hamilton's pole lap. You like him or not but that was a bloody impressive lap. I'd say 99.9% perfect

I prefer beating lewis from pole position. He looks left he sees red, he looks right he sees red. Forza ferrari!!!

Quote Originally Posted by superwonderboy View Post
    I prefer beating lewis from pole position. He looks left he sees red, he looks right he sees red. Forza ferrari!!!
    Well said

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...ky-to-be-in-f1

what is Wolff on about this has nothing to do with spa 2012 and Grosjean has the right to complain about being blocked

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post

what is Wolff on about this has nothing to do with spa 2012 and Grosjean has the right to complain about being blocked
    Pure arrogance from Wolff! Sure RG has had a few pad moments, but had learned and improved. There needs to be more parity on handing out penalties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post

Well said by Gunther Steiner.

On Friday after fp1 FP2 times.
    Some fools from RB camp said we can challenge Ferrari or be ahead of them.
    Every weekend it's same story for them.

https://youtu.be/fJz8BoRwXA0

heres a comparison between lewis and kimi laps

Amazing how many brits thinking Hamilton should go free because Grosjean is a bad driver and driving for a nonsense team like Haas. Lewis fans are so cocky its hard to not get irritated by them. Enforce the rules regardless of team.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Yeah, I also see people's argument about no penalty being because he drove such a great lap. We can see from the clip that Grosjean has right to speak. Even if someone causes ten accidents, we cannot assume he is to blame for an 11th one without proof.

to me the funniest part is how all those former Mclaren fans have abandoned their beloved team to support Merc

I love Kimi but he needs to be a sacrificial lamb here. Take out Hamilton from behind. Change ur front wing. Take the stop/go. Finish 4th or 5th.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I love Kimi but he needs to be a sacrificial lamb here. Take out Hamilton from behind. Change ur front wing. Take the stop/go. Finish 4th or 5th.

LOL
    Or Kimi could just get his elbows out into the first braking section, kimi got nothing to lose with Hamilton alot to lose

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Or Kimi could just get his elbows out into the first braking section, kimi got nothing to lose with Hamilton alot to lose
    That would require Kimi to be on the inside of Hamilton and along side him into turn 1. Not sure he can have a start good enough for that. He could I suppose "missjudge" his breaking point.

Id hate to do this to Kimi, he is mh favorite driver of all time, hands down, but difficult choices need to be made.

Why not let Max crashtappen do it ?
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

All Kimi has to do is a have a decent start and be aggressive into turn 1. As he said himself in an interview he has nothing to loose. Hamilton should back off then into turn 1 and dis then would surely play nicely for Ferrari
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Man View Post
    All Kimi has to do is a have a decent start and be aggressive into turn 1. As he said himself in an interview he has nothing to loose. Hamilton should back off then into turn 1 and dis then would surely play nicely for Ferrari
    Kimi needs to start getting involved in the championship fight if he wants a new contract

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Why not let Max crashtappen do it ?
    Too far back. Be isn't Kvyat the Torpedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Man View Post
    Counting with Kimi ? What can end bad ?

Go Ferrari go!
    Sent using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Nothing has changed in my opinion. We are still slower in qualy but i think we will be pretty formidable in race pace. Having said that, we are looking good.
    I just don't know how HP we gained from the PU upgrade, Ted says 10hp.

I don't know, we looked pretty good. Vettel lost 2 tenths on his S1 and alot on S2, he was extremely fast in S3, fastest compared to Ham in entire week where he was slowest actually. Had Vettel had good out lap, I reckon he would be around 3 tenths of. Quite a bit, but hear me out, Silverstone is not a short track and Hamilton is beast around here. Vettel though, not so much. Just look at where Bottas was...I think we improved car quite a bit, we are definitely down ~2 tenths on them in quali, but I think we will have our shot.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    I don't know, we looked pretty good. Vettel lost 2 tenths on his S1 and alot on S2, he was extremely fast in S3, fastest compared to Ham in entire week where he was slowest actually. Had Vettel had good out lap, I reckon he would be around 3 tenths of. Quite a bit, but hear me out, Silverstone is not a short track and Hamilton is beast around here. Vettel though, not so much. Just look at where Bottas was...I think we improved car quite a bit, we are definitely down ~2 tenths on them in quali, but I think we will have our shot.
    Oh well, Seb and Kimi just have to finish on the podium, no worries. Then we will nail Hungaroring. I think that track suits us more.

Fingers crossed for two quick and clean starts from our drivers tomorrow.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Fingers crossed for two quick and clean starts from our drivers tomorrow.
    I'm just afraid a bit of mad max behind...
    However, hopefully he will play safe considering his series of DNFs lately.