Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: British GP 2017 race thread

FerrariSteve Guest
    I've just calmed down enough to post without being banned for swearing.

Man what a race, I am so depressed, Mercs have really outdeveloped us without a doubt, rapper boy was cruising and still blowing us away. :(
    Will we win another race this season? probably yes. the Mercs will have issues from time to time, but I don't think we have a chance of the WCC or even WDC right now. Seb and Kimi are great but they can only do so much with the tools they have. :(

Lewis gets so many gifts its unbelievable, I don't think I recall a driver being so lucky. and the smirk on his face and Toto's just makes me want to vomit. Its time the cheating Merc team was beaten.. if we can't do it then I hope RBR can.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Max left the track and kept his position from what we could see....
    I don't think there should be any action to be taken for it.
    It was hard racing.
    But man this mad max is causing lot of troubles already with that doggy car. If he gets perfect car??? I'm unable to imagine that

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    There were some people here saying they will not watch podium ceremonies and yet there was a Ferrari driver up there.

Sometimes I feel Ferrari could do with a bit better fans.
    I know...still though...it is a forum and I have the same opinion as you do but thats just it; we are entitled to our own opinions as so are they.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Allegedly this is very Finnish way of small talk.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE3mBUYW0AAq65k.jpg
    I hear most Finn's are like that....emotionless in front of people they don't know....even a podium finn-sh (Kimi??).

I see Vettel joining Mercedes if he wins no title this year. Last race we were very strong, and almost got a victory. Vettel was always very slow in Silverstone and this track is his worst track on the calendar (even Mark beat him there in 2012,2010). Even in his Red Bull days he won there just once, july was always the point in which his form was the worst. He won maybe twice in july in his career. Ferrari should make a step forward in next races, but I dont think the gap is that big to the Mercedes, I think we might have a shot in Budapest in 14 days for a victory again. Seb was always better in second part of the season, his tracks will come where he is very quick, like Spa, Monza, Singapur, Abu Dhabi, Malaysia. I will never stop believing in Ferrari, yes we had a bad race, but I think we will strike back. Cheers. :)
    Have some faith.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 16th July 2017 at 18:42.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It was hard racing.
    But man this mad max is causing lot of troubles already with that doggy car. If he gets perfect car??? I'm unable to imagine that
    I agree....looked like good wheel to wheel racing to me IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    I see Vettel joining Mercedes if he wins no title this year.
    Same thoughts. If vet in mercs, ham will retire.
    Ferrari will not hire this guy. Who gives importance to social life than team.

Ferrari needs to bring huge upgrade related to engine n aero dept. To stay in touch with mercs.

I won't give up on WDC just yet, all sorts of things can happen in four months or so.

It was hard racing.
    Yes that was good racing however rules say no driver should gain advantage after going off track. There has been a clear change in the way stewards handle these cases. Since Liberty has take over, I've read somewhere they only take action against clear cut foul play. These kind of incidents are let off

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Yes that was good racing however rules say no driver should gain advantage after going off track. There has been a clear change in the way stewards handle these cases. Since Liberty has take over, I've read somewhere they only take action against clear cut foul play. These kind of incidents are let off
    Yeah. They don't want to penalize for hard racing these days.

I see Vettel joining Mercedes if he wins no title this year. Last race we were very strong, and almost got a victory. Vettel was always very slow in Silverstone and this track is his worst track on the calendar (even Mark beat him there in 2012,2010). Even in his Red Bull days he won there just once, july was always the point in which his form was the worst. He won maybe twice in july in his career. Ferrari should make a step forward in next races, but I dont think the gap is that big to the Mercedes, I think we might have a shot in Budapest in 14 days for a victory again. Seb was always better in second part of the season, his tracks will come where he is very quick, like Spa, Monza, Singapur, Abu Dhabi, Malaysia. I will never stop believing in Ferrari, yes we had a bad race, but I think we will strike back. Cheers. :)
    Have some faith.
    Well if someone told me back in January that Seb will have 1 point lead after 10 races I would call him mad

Have some faith.
    With clearly stronger PU that Mercedes have I don't see how we can challenge them at Monza and SPA!!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    With clearly stronger PU that Mercedes have I don't see how we can challenge them at Monza and SPA!!?!?!?
    We were strong in Q3 back in Austria, which is a power track. I think I can still dream and hope.

Jesus this was sobering...absolute trashing. The crazy thing is, RB is nowhere tbh. Yes they were closer in race pace but Kimi was far ahead of Verstappen after 10 laps. Its just that Merc is devastating...

MA : "we keep our heads down, feet on the ground n work with great humility n passion for the next races"

It's been ages like we won a race....huh
    Last win was Monaco right??.

Indeed it was, we should have won in Baku though.

Yeah. Not good.

Ferrari have lost the development race I fear. Still half a championship to go but things don't look good right now.

Yeap! 28th of May. What a nice present that was for my older daughter birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Indeed it was, we should have won in Baku though.
    On pure merit Baku too was not straight win.
    I'm expecting a win like today wt ham has done.
    Thrashing opponent.
    I was watching the race, at one point ham on radio " I'll pull bottas along with me" such was their pace. Absolutely thrashing.
    Wtever upgrade mercs are bringing it's working straight out of the box. It's showing gains in race pace.
    On other side, we are loosing over race pace.

I think we are solid aero-wise, we just need a more efficient PU. Banning the burning oil system hurt us big time. Got to bring an efficient PU upgrade or we lost the championship.

I lost hopes for WCC, already 50+ pts lead.
    On bad weekend for mercs, one of their driver able to win the race n compensate for it.
    My only hope left is WDC, that too till Hungary.
    If we are competitive n back to win. Then I have some hope. Else I can write this season off n focus on 2018 development.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I think we are solid aero-wise, we just need a more efficient PU. Banning the burning oil system hurt us big time. Got to bring an efficient PU upgrade or we lost the championship.
    That oil system is just for quali boost. I don't think it's anything related to race pace.

Vet got schooled by Ver in the start. We need to out-update the Merc in SPA.

The Hungaroring might suit Ferrari more but Hungaroring, along with Canada and Silverstone is one of Lewis's favourite tracks.
    He has won here five times, Seb once.

MA : "we keep our heads down, feet on the ground n work with great humility n passion for the next races"

Long season Ladies and Gents. Just getting better starts would help us tremendously. Merc won't be this lucky for the rest of the season.

It just appeared to me...maybe Sassi was removed duo to engine power being reliant on burning oil?

Maurizio Arrivabene: “Even if the reasons are obvious, complaining about losing a second and a fourth place is not Ferrari’s style. Today, the hard fact is that we lost a lot of points in both the Constructors’ and Drivers’ championships. We leave here, set on improving quickly, with humility and determination.”

Kimi Raikkonen: “My race wasn’t going too bad until a few laps before the end. I suddenly had the problem, my front left tire let go with no warning; the air stayed in the tire but the rubber part, came off. It’s disappointing because without that issue the second place was secured, and we deserved a better result. We had made some changes to the car and they seemed to have improved the feeling. When it’s like this you are confident and you can push; I hope that it will be a similar story in the future races. However, today we were lacking a little bit of speed against our rivals. We did what we could but obviously there’s some work to be done to catch up the Mercedes in places like this. This is definitely not our strongest type of circuit. I’m interested to see what happens in the next race, I guess the Hungarian track should suit our car better.”

Sebastian Vettel: “It was a difficult race. The brakes got fire on the grid and I think this is the reason why I had no grip at the start: they were too hot. During the last laps, after the problem with the front left tire, I tried to get the car back and recover some points. It was difficult today because I was stuck at the beginning behind Max, but I am not the one to judge what happened between him and me. After that I think the pace was good, considering the fact that I was on the Soft tires. Valtteri was on other compound, the Supersofts, so it was clear that he would have been strong. Today was not a great day, but we’ll see what happens in Hungary, on a different track.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    It just appeared to me...maybe Sassi was removed duo to engine power being reliant on burning oil?
    no, he was moved along into FIAT group for his good work on designing the engines, To get the technology into road car engines.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE