Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: British GP 2017 race thread

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    14days for next race looking like long weekend.
    let's hope for a better one this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    let's hope for a better one this time.
    Haveing in mind that aftsr Budapest Summer break is comming I thing that evsrzmy thing except win is a failure. SV needs to go on a break as WDC leader!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Haveing in mind that aftsr Budapest Summer break is comming I thing that evsrzmy thing except win is a failure. SV needs to go on a break as WDC leader!
    Seb is probably watching a Hungary 98 video right now

anyway Stefa I'm sure whatever happens you will have a good time there, good weather (normally), good food, nice ladies...

Got home earlier, don't think I will bother watching the race again, we still had a good weekend despite the result. But some Lewis fans really are dragging Silverstone down with their football mentality, Seb was off course the villian of the weekend fair enough they know he can beat Lewis if he has the car but I heard lots of terrible comments towards him and some others had said their kids were verbally abused for wearing Vettel stuff (even though they were wearing Kimi t-shirts LOL) but the majority who are real F1 fans were ok with some good natured banter, but the atmosphere seemed a bit more partisan this year...wouldn't stop us wearing our Ferrari stuff and supporting our boys If Seb can't win it then I really hope Bottas does
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I heard lots of terrible comments towards him and some others had said their kids were verbally abused for wearing Vettel stuff (even though they were wearing Kimi t-shirts LOL)
    That's terrible to hear, and hypocritical considering how so many parrot Hamilton's "won't someone think of the children" statement.

Disappointed Since 2010

Can someone elaborate why both of our drivers had a puncture?!
    Fact: Bottas - 36 laps on Soft, Seb - 32, Kimi - 25!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Can someone elaborate why both of our drivers had a puncture?!
    Fact: Bottas - 36 laps on Soft, Seb - 32, Kimi - 25!!

Kimi's left front did NOT suffer a puncture. However the tyre was unraviling.

Vettels left front was exacerbated by the massive lockup when Bottas was behind him going into a turn....as he went on the tyre just gave up and blew.

lucky for both, they were close to the pits. Had it been beyond the pit lane entry, they would have lost alot of places.

Pirelli are investigating and nothing has come out...yet.

Vettels right front looked bad too...it would not have lasted another lap.

Max also was having issues with his left front but he boxed before any drama to that tyre took place. Ricci did fine on his.

Got home earlier, don't think I will bother watching the race again, we still had a good weekend despite the result. But some Lewis fans really are dragging Silverstone down with their football mentality, Seb was off course the villian of the weekend fair enough they know he can beat Lewis if he has the car but I heard lots of terrible comments towards him and some others had said their kids were verbally abused for wearing Vettel stuff (even though they were wearing Kimi t-shirts LOL) but the majority who are real F1 fans were ok with some good natured banter, but the atmosphere seemed a bit more partisan this year...wouldn't stop us wearing our Ferrari stuff and supporting our boys If Seb can't win it then I really hope Bottas does
    How did the cars sound?

Ham fans are really senseless people.
    When an opponent wins they call it conspiracy, wgen ham wins they call it as legendary win or record win. Such are their brains.
    Hope Ferrari produce some upgrade either in quali or race to give boost to our drivers. Otherwise it doesn't look for me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Vettels left front was exacerbated by the massive lockup when Bottas was behind him going into a turn....as he went on the tyre just gave up and blew.

lucky for both, they were close to the pits. Had it been beyond the pit lane entry, they would have lost alot of places.

Max also was having issues with his left front but he boxed before any drama to that tyre took place. Ricci did fine on his.
    Mercs, RB were lucky
    Ferrari were unlucky. This is the outline that's it

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    How did the cars sound?
    Still a bit too quiet for my liking but it's improved a lot.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Seb is probably watching a Hungary 98 video right now
    That one is a classic! So glad I have been there to witness it!

Sorry to hear that mate. And sorry the result wasnt what all needed. Kimi podium still good. This whole football culture of suppoering a team or in their case driver, has been whipped up by SKY F1. Hate to say it. They have divided F1 fans and culture. Its a really sad sad state. They now doing it with RBR, Max gained an obvious advantage by coming back on track,SKY says Seb was bit naughty not leaving enough room, then the next corner Max does to Seb, and Crofty says thats racing Seb, nothing to moan about. A guy at work, yesterday said that Seb done that and funny Max got better of him as Seb is cheating, you know what. At that point i couldnt talk to him anymore.

I dont like how, as said above, the culture that is now in, and in deep, within the F1 fan set i dont like. As for kids getting verbal abuse for wearing their heros team colours, is damn right sickening. Thats the lowest of the low. Good job i wasnt there, if i would of heard someone say it to Keira and Jacob, i dont think i would of been able to help myself but say something or chin them.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Still a bit too quiet for my liking but it's improved a lot.
    Heading out to the Malaysian GP and it will be my first time hearing the hybrid turbos in person; glad that there will at least be some noise. Also good to see you seem to have had a great weekend apart from Lewis and his thugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Sorry to hear that mate. And sorry the result wasnt what all needed. Kimi podium still good. This whole football culture of suppoering a team or in their case driver, has been whipped up by SKY F1. Hate to say it. They have divided F1 fans and culture. Its a really sad sad state. They now doing it with RBR, Max gained an obvious advantage by coming back on track,SKY says Seb was bit naughty not leaving enough room, then the next corner Max does to Seb, and Crofty says thats racing Seb, nothing to moan about. A guy at work, yesterday said that Seb done that and funny Max got better of him as Seb is cheating, you know what. At that point i couldnt talk to him anymore.

I dont like how, as said above, the culture that is now in, and in deep, within the F1 fan set i dont like. As for kids getting verbal abuse for wearing their heros team colours, is damn right sickening. Thats the lowest of the low. Good job i wasnt there, if i would of heard someone say it to Keira and Jacob, i dont think i would of been able to help myself but say something or chin them.
    Yeah Crofty really is taking it to some odd places. I was sad that Martin was taken ill but also because Crofty would have no one to reign him in. I understand some bias, as that is human nature, but it is fast becoming unbelievable at times.

http://www.foxsportsasia.com/motorsp...a-gamechanger/
    So Ferrari doesn't have that quali mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Yeah I would have said something as well and I think the majority of F1 fans there would as well, just sadly Lewis seems to have attracted some idiots to F1, shame but when he retires or stops winning I imagine they will find something else to do. Max seems to be gathering quite a lot of fans as well judging by the clothing and hats around the place.
    Forza Ferrari

Driver of the day at the British GP 2017....DR from 19th to 5th.

Daniel Ricciardo's Epic Silverstone Drive | F1 2017 British GP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO8xbufc1XI

Tyre compounds used and pit stops British GP 2017 per Pirelli

Attachment 7247

for those that want to read a full breakdown

http://news.pirelli.com/global/en-ww...ost_2017-07-16

Rake angles comparison between the top 3

Attachment 7248

Thanks for the insight, Greig, it takes guts to show our loyalty to Ferrari at Silverstone after the recent events, and I totally agree with your last comment!
    Last edited by wisepie; 18th July 2017 at 17:08.

"Maranello has to start from scratch again."

That sounds awfully silly as the foundation of the car and engine is quite good IMHO.

'Italy's partisan media'

good job all other media are impartial

Pitting...now lunch. 63 laps chalked up by @Anto_Giovinazzi this morning at @SilverstoneUK. @pirellisport #TireTest #HaasF1

These guys have not left the track.

Attachment 7249

Trust the Italian media to overexaggerate everything

Pitting...now lunch. 63 laps chalked up by @Anto_Giovinazzi this morning at @SilverstoneUK. @pirellisport #TireTest #HaasF1

These guys have not left the track.

Attachment 7249
    Is there any testing going on??

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    "Maranello has to start from scratch again."

That sounds awfully silly as the foundation of the car and engine is quite good IMHO.
    I agree. That statement is irretrievably stupid.

Disappointed Since 2010

OK, i guess we got some kind of an explanation for Seb in his lock up. However, what about Kimi? He only did 25 laps with them and was not under any major pressure.