Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: British GP 2017 race thread

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    lol i was hoping it rains and storms near the end there
    Me too... after bot pass on Seb When I saw Kimi and his tyres I was feeling atleast ok but when they show Seb going off that tiny bit of happiness dissolved in the thin air I don't hate Kimi but was happy because of the point difference... Ok whatsoever still optimistic and looking forward to the next race.... Will take some to digest though....
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

Feel embarrassed reading these posts, such sore loosers. One race. This race done, forget about it, move on to next one.
    Ye move on to next one to be destroyed again by others.We will be 3rd best team at end of year.

Let's put things into perspective.

Luck has nothing to do with Mercedes' tire problems and Ferrari's wins this season. The breaks will even out in the end. So it all boils down to in season development.

We just have to burn the midnight oil in Maranello the way the Silver Arrows are doing. We must keep abreast in developing our cars with them. I know it's stating the obvious, but that's all there is to it.

Letting Verstappen through at the start ruined Vettel's race. Without that we could've easily been 2nd today. Seb had to pit early because he ruined his tires trying to pass Max, and he couldn't get the pass done on track. That whole incident easily cost us 10 laps on the SS tires.

Stop being so doom and gloom, we're just going through our stint of bad luck. We got Hungary next; similar set-up to Monaco.

its the car dude, put Palmer in there and he will be P2 or leading the WDC , the mercs are untouchable .. thought some new regulations would hurt them, but none yet this year
    I don't see it happening. Their solutions are innovative n taking risks n huge investment going on.
    They are able to exploit everybit of loophole.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    Me too... after bot pass on Seb When I saw Kimi and his tyres I was feeling atleast ok but when they show Seb going off that tiny bit of happiness dissolved in the thin air I don't hate Kimi but was happy because of the point difference... Ok whatsoever still optimistic and looking forward to the next race.... Will take some to digest though....
    True , atleast we know where the car stands now, only hope that this gives them some fire to atleast develop to keep Red bull behind before the next few races

http://www.f1supernews.com/2017/06/2...h-speed-track/

James Allen said this track should suit ferrari better too
    James Allen is not a f1 engineer high speed and straights will always suit mercedes

Cheer up everyone, Federer on his way to 19th Grand Slam :D

British GP 2017 race thread

Really just bad luck, we are still much faster than RB, but VER was a moving barrier for Seb, that's where we lost the 2nd place or a 2-3 finish, we could not have bad starts again.
    Merc has fixed their type issues cheating with giving hot temperature to their tires before the race start, they are heating the oil and the hydraulic fluid in the suspension, the FIA knows, but it's not an external cause (like force India who where blowing hot air in the suspension before the race) so FIA banned force India method but not Merc's one. Anyway the championship is not lost, but Fer need to keep developing.

Go Ferrari go!
    Sent using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I donno how bottas manged 32laps on S tyres. N Ferrari unable to hold 36laps on those tyres.
    32 + 4 laps in qualy

I don't see it happening. Their solutions are innovative n taking risks n huge investment going on.
    They are able to exploit everybit of loophole.
    at the moment do you think Ferrari are stronger in any category? Because they can maybe build on that and hope to win atleast one race in the second half of the season

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    32 + 4 laps in qualy
    Yeah super stint. At the end of stint still he was matching Ferrari stint who r on SS tyres. Really mercs found big chunk of tyre performance.

at the moment do you think Ferrari are stronger in any category? Because they can maybe build on that and hope to win atleast one race in the second half of the season
    Quali seems to be good. But still that hammer quali lap times can't be matchable

at the moment o you think Ferrari are stronger in any category? Because they can maybe build on that and hope to win atleast one race in the second half of the season
    We'll win singapore but sturgling to see where else we will win

Kimi: "So we never seem to have any single (ooops quoted a swear word my bad) joke."

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    James Allen is not a f1 engineer high speed and straights will always suit mercedes
    Yeah

http://www.f1supernews.com/2017/06/2...h-speed-track/

James Allen said this track should suit ferrari better too
    again

dont read everything as if its gospel. Cars will behave different at each track. Cars are built to suit every track, but you just cannt count on lady luck. Track temps, wind, tyres, setups, etc etc.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

[QUOTE=mwk360;948795]http://www.f1supernews.com/2017/06/2...h-speed-track/

Edit:

Nevermind, I think I misuderstood, and Pirelli only brought softer compound, but not last year's spec

Seb: "No sign of that. Sorry" Adami: "It was instantaneous" regarding the puncture

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Haven't been following the latest news, so this is the first time I learned that Pirelli changed the tire spec to softer one at this race.
    I could be wrong, but this would mean this is the first time such spec has been raced with 2017 regulations, correct?

Even if they were from last year, I wouldn't be conformable racing them without some testing first. The loads on the tires are significantly more this year, and probably more now than they were during winter testing.
    I think they evaluated the tyres in Spain. Pirelli said soft tyres should last up to 30-35 here if i remember

I donno how bottas manged 32laps on S tyres. N Ferrari unable to hold 36laps on those tyres.
    With a much lighter car is well (fuel )
    Red is the only color!!!

Quali seems to be good. But still that hammer quali lap times can't be matchable
    but then starting P3 -P4 doesn't really promise much then in getting pass , especially with sebs last two race starts :(

Why was Seb's brake on fire? is that not a worry for ferrari?

Yeah super stint. At the end of stint still he was matching Ferrari stint who r on SS tyres. Really mercs found big chunk of tyre performance.
    I would say tire+engine performance
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    again

dont read everything as if its gospel. Cars will behave different at each track. Cars are built to suit every track, but you just cannt count on lady luck. Track temps, wind, tyres, setups, etc etc.
    true true,but its hard who to believe when getting information. I know they weren't the only guys who thought it would be ferrari's advantage. Maybe that new front wing wasn't the best setup solution or something

Why was Seb's brake on fire? is that not a worry for ferrari?
    There was 2 formation laps to its pretty normal for things to overheat f1 cars aren't made to sit on the grid he wasn't the only one with parts overheating

Yeah
    I was thinking you know how mercs loop holed fia so they can get perfect setup through heating in gearbox? maybe that is why they changed hamilton and bottas gearbox? they stepped in at Baku about the heating issue and all of a sudden mercs got two gearbox "issues"

suspicious

they probably got the new gearboxes that give perfect setup now

We mustn't give up now. It's only halfway through the season and who's to say Ferrari won't fix their issues?
    Seb got stuck behind Max and we all know that it's hard to overtake here because of the super-fast corners that produce a lot of dirty air and short straights. When Seb got overtaken by VB he was on the slower and destroyed softs where VB was on the way fresher and faster SS.

Obviously Merc have the edge performance wise but we'll know more in Hungary. After that the summer break comes up where a lot of development can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    We mustn't give up now. It's only halfway through the season and who's to say Ferrari won't fix their issues?
    Seb got stuck behind Max and we all know that it's hard to overtake here because of the super-fast corners that produce a lot of dirty air and short straights. When Seb got overtaken by VB he was on the slower and destroyed softs where VB was on the way fresher and faster SS.

Obviously Merc have the edge performance wise but we'll know more in Hungary. After that the summer break comes up where a lot of development can be done.
    from past years we've all have to agree taht Ferrari seemed to have a hard time keeping up wiht development race and as of NOW the mercedes seems really strong and it's gonna be a massive task for ferrari to overcome that.

summer break is ONE month, but we have only two weeks out of that to work on at teh factory because the other two weeks is mandatory shut down

i'd be REALLY, REALLY surprised if Ferrari will gather its troops and work really hard to overcome the deficit they have right now....i'm sure they'll work extra hard, but weather or not it will be enough to take down the MIGHTY Mercedes will be another thing
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

A race to forget, cant believe it really. Mercedes look about 0,3-0,5 s per lap faster in the race on peak performance than Ferrari. Its very suprising that Vettel is still leading the championship, its nearly a miracle. If we dont bring something big in Hungary and the next races, Hamilton will sonner of latter take the WDC lead and will won it by at least 50 points in the end.