Page 1 of 25 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 736

Thread: British GP 2017 race thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    27,770

    British GP 2017 race thread

    Bit early....but weather looking good just now but you never know if some rain will blow in

    Hopefully we can send the Lewis fans home unhappy...we have a bottle of champagne to open if we win...we have been bringing it every year since 2011 win so hopefully it can get popped today.!!!

    Forza Ferrari
    Forza Ferrari

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    9,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Bit early....but weather looking good just now but you never know if some rain will blow in

    Hopefully we can send the Lewis fans home unhappy...we have a bottle of champagne to open if we win...we have been bringing it every year since 2011 win so hopefully it can get popped today.!!!

    Forza Ferrari
    Already 6 years old! It is time to drink it! Hopefully today is the day!


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,584
    I logged in just now n saw race thread open so early, shell shocked. Thought that race has already started. After seeing I got relaxed a bit.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,978
    I'm hoping the Ferraris have a good start and mug Hamilton at the start.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,565
    Lets hope for a good and exiting race with all cars on the track.....weather contingent.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    27,770
    I have a feeling Kimi is gonna win today!

    Todays clothing...rain jackets packed as well lol

    Forza Ferrari

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    hong kong
    Posts
    1,001
    [QUOTE=Greig;948225]I have a feeling Kimi is gonna win today!

    Either ferrari would do

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I have a feeling Kimi is gonna win today!

    Todays clothing...rain jackets packed as well lol

    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ec88fc0635.jpg
    Me too

    Alesi did already

    Great to see daddy so emotional..Eventhough he only won 1 GP with us, it was a wonderful time to have him in the team!

    Forza Ferari

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    109
    I swear to god that I had a weird dream today, we were leading a 1-2 with Vettel from Kimi. Before I wake up the chequered flag came out, and it ended like this. Vettel p1, Ham p2, Kimi p3. Hope my dream will come true. :)
    Forza.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    I swear to god that I had a weird dream today, we were leading a 1-2 with Vettel from Kimi. Before I wake up the chequered flag came out, and it ended like this. Vettel p1, Ham p2, Kimi p3. Hope my dream will come true. :)
    Forza.
    Ham sandwich

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,946

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,584
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    A donut to him

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    I swear to god that I had a weird dream today, we were leading a 1-2 with Vettel from Kimi. Before I wake up the chequered flag came out, and it ended like this. Vettel p1, Ham p2, Kimi p3. Hope my dream will come true. :)
    Forza.
    Thought the same in last race too .

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,565
    New MGU-H for Ricciardo after his failure in qualifying - 10-place grid penalty. Doesn't affect his 19th position on the grid.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,944
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    New MGU-H for Ricciardo after his failure in qualifying - 10-place grid penalty. Doesn't affect his 19th position on the grid.
    Yeah, it doesn't affect his position because Fernando has a 30 place grid penalty

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't affect his position because Fernando has a 30 place grid penalty
    yep

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    1,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't affect his position because Fernando has a 30 place grid penalty
    At one time it was said that if you cant serve all those 10 position grid penalty, Then the remainder will be saved for next race, that isnt on anymore right?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    At one time it was said that if you cant serve all those 10 position grid penalty, Then the remainder will be saved for next race, that isnt on anymore right?
    correct...it does not carry over. Some of these grid penalties - 45 grid penalty pts or 70 grid penalty pts. needs to be revamped.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,565
    Mercedes has switched to 'safe' gearbox spec

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,944
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mercedes has switched to 'safe' gearbox spec
    Which means? They will lose pace performance in order to preserve endurance?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Which means? They will lose pace performance in order to preserve endurance?
    They did it after Baku issues......whether it affects pace perfomance it does not say.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,944
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    They did it after Baku issues......whether it affects pace perfomance it does not say.
    It think it should affect race pace. Otherwise, no reason why not to use safe gearbox spec all the time

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Which means? They will lose pace performance in order to preserve endurance?
    It means they can't run much longer in a particular gear.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Derbyshire England
    Posts
    892
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...-pit-lane.html

    NOBODY WILL BEAT THIS CAR TODAY............

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,584
    Hmmm pretty windy out there. All of sudden clouds gathering.
    Teams expecting mixed conditions.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,944
    Quote Originally Posted by steelstallions View Post
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...-pit-lane.html

    NOBODY WILL BEAT THIS CAR TODAY............
    Liberty Media made quite a show out of F1. So many new elements and events surrounding F1. Classic American approach in marketing.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    69
    Despite Autosport writing about Mercedes' big advantage in race pace after every grand prix, Ferrari is on par in the races and I don't expect Hamilton to dominate even if he stays in front at the start.

    Would love Kimi win, but all depends at the start, if he gets ahead off the line, he has a good shot.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,565
    Sooooo, if Lewis gets behind GRO at anytime during the race.....Lewis radio : " Blue Flags...........blue flags......he is not respecting the blue flags!"

    Grosjeans facial expression.....one big smile, priceless........Grosjeans mind set: "What goes around comes around!"

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,584
    Cold temperatures out there, which would give hard time for drivers to warm up

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,909
    Race will be interesting but I expect that we will have no answer to Lewis, it will be an easy win for him. We can only hope we can get a solid P2-P3
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •