Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 211 to 236 of 236

Thread: Lewis Hamilton driving for the Scuderia?

  1. #211
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I see you are a Hamilton fan but support the McLaren team!!!! It's such a pity neither Merc nor Macca have a fan forum like this one where Lewis fans could revel in their boys greatness!!!!! I guess it's a trifle grey over there........................
    I too check Google and dip into lewis' Instagram and Twitter accounts from time to time just to see what the great and the good are up to!!!!!!!but Lewis has gone rather minimal of late !!!!! Has he wiped his Instagram file or yes he had to
    I conclude on this subject happy in the knowledge that Lewis will not wear red and I think he has said that he has resigned himself to the fact.......he would never be able to deal with the ethos of the car is the star and is more important than any driver!!!!!
    Ciao Have a happy life.
    Real mature reply there! I don’t know what supporting McLaren or Ferrari or Redbull has to do with anything. I really don’t care what anybody says about a team or driver, just don’t use lies to make your points. It’s really easy to seperate fact from fiction so that means you are deliberately using false information just to take cheap shots. Really sad!

  2. #212
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Well, Vettel would have come much closer without the spark plug issue, so I would say yes.
    I think so too. Why would Lewis ever consider Ferrari over Merc when they can't even get their spark plugs right esp at a time where anyone could win.

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I think so too. Why would Lewis ever consider Ferrari over Merc when they can't even get their spark plugs right esp at a time where anyone could win.
    To be honest, I would rather be Felipe Massa or Gilles Villeneuve and never win a championship with Ferrari, than be Jenson Button, who won with a team that didn't wear the rosso corsa, but that's just me.

    FORZA FERRARI!
    Tous avec Jules #17

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    To be honest, I would rather be Felipe Massa or Gilles Villeneuve and never win a championship with Ferrari, than be Jenson Button, who won with a team that didn't wear the rosso corsa, but that's just me.
    Quite right too, and glad you used those two examples!

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,334
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Quite right too, and glad you used those two examples!
    Me too Wispie. Red is the colour every driver wants to wear at some time in his F1 career.
    I believe that more than half the grid envy Kvyat even though he will not drive the car but will wear red and may get the opportunity to test the tyres.
    He's with the Scuderia and that counts.


    Forza Jules

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,124
    Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Me too Wispie. Red is the colour every driver wants to wear at some time in his F1 career.
    I believe that more than half the grid envy Kvyat even though he will not drive the car but will wear red and may get the opportunity to test the tyres.
    He's with the Scuderia and that counts.
    If Kvyat ever gets the chance to drive on a race weekend, maybe he'd now like to torpedo a car that isn't red!

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    47
    my 2 cent worth... As I also never wanted Alonso in red, I do not want Hamilton in red...
    the saga of the mclaren cheating days BOTH these drivers were very aware ... so I'd rather not have him driving for Ferrari EVER.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    my 2 cent worth... As I also never wanted Alonso in red, I do not want Hamilton in red...
    the saga of the mclaren cheating days BOTH these drivers were very aware ... so I'd rather not have him driving for Ferrari EVER.
    Make it 3 cent worth... You forgot Schumy @ Benetton! Give credit where credit's due! Both Alonso and Shumy before he retired with Merc, were great in Red ! Lewis is none the better or worse. Seeing Lewis retire in red as possibly the greatest F1 driver breaking all records, would be great fo Ferrari. The only thing missing in Lewis record is Flavio Briatore!

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    47

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Make it 3 cent worth... You forgot Schumy @ Benetton! Give credit where credit's due! Both Alonso and Shumy before he retired with Merc, were great in Red ! Lewis is none the better or worse. Seeing Lewis retire in red as possibly the greatest F1 driver breaking all records, would be great fo Ferrari. The only thing missing in Lewis record is Flavio Briatore!
    honestly... anyone can be great in a Ferrari...
    I hear all the complaints about Kimi... remember the car is built to suit 1 driver out of the 2... and in this case it's Seb...
    before him Felipe, again cars were never made to suit his style of driving, and even then he only lost out on a title thanks to TEAM Ferrari mistakes, not his own..... etc.... etc...

    so having Lewis in red would be awesome for some because he'd increase the records he's already holding + more, my opinion is that for once Ferrari should actually give preference to Leclerc... the youngster is GOOD, and irrespective of F1 experience he would do great things with the team's support... I'm tired of seeing champions getting behind the red and delivering what is expected...
    I want someone fresh and new... give Max a bit of treatment in kind with a young HUNGRY lion.

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    my opinion is that for once Ferrari should actually give preference to Leclerc... the youngster is GOOD, and irrespective of F1 experience he would do great things with the team's support... I'm tired of seeing champions getting behind the red and delivering what is expected...
    I want someone fresh and new...
    I concur.

    FORZA FERRARI!
    Tous avec Jules #17

  11. #221
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,973
    As long as Ferrari has a champion driver in the #1 seat, the only great things for the team Leclerc will be allowed to do is follow team orders. He as the #2 driver will be a hard thing for him to do. Besides his F2 wins, he will have to win a few in F1 and then think Ferrari.

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    As long as Ferrari has a champion driver in the #1 seat, the only great things for the team Leclerc will be allowed to do is follow team orders. He as the #2 driver will be a hard thing for him to do. Besides his F2 wins, he will have to win a few in F1 and then think Ferrari.
    ...and that is how Ferrari academy drivers are lost in the formula one cracks to other teams...

    pray tell how many academy drivers got into another team, to "gain experience" to then go on to the REDs????

    I rated Perez, Jules...(rip) and look at them today... fallen by the wayside...
    had either been in red, I am certain they'd be awesome....

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    ...and that is how Ferrari academy drivers are lost in the formula one cracks to other teams...

    pray tell how many academy drivers got into another team, to "gain experience" to then go on to the REDs????

    I rated Perez, Jules...(rip) and look at them today... fallen by the wayside...
    had either been in red, I am certain they'd be awesome....
    It should have been a Bianchi/Leclerc Ferrari pairing, but sadly we'll never see it. It would have been cool to see a godfather-godchild team.

    FORZA FERRARI!
    Tous avec Jules #17

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    As long as Ferrari has a champion driver in the #1 seat, the only great things for the team Leclerc will be allowed to do is follow team orders. He as the #2 driver will be a hard thing for him to do. Besides his F2 wins, he will have to win a few in F1 and then think Ferrari.
    McLaren had the balls to put rookie Hamilton in their car so why shouldn't we put Leclerc who's equally promising?

  15. #225
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    McLaren had the balls to put rookie Hamilton in their car so why shouldn't we put Leclerc who's equally promising?
    Why shouldn't they is right. I just can't remember the last rookie to join the team and take Ferrari's #1 seat. Seb for one would need medical help!!

  16. #226
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Why shouldn't they is right. I just can't remember the last rookie to join the team and take Ferrari's #1 seat. Seb for one would need medical help!!
    I'm a fan of having a veteran number one driver and an up-and-coming number two driver, and then promoting the number two driver when the time comes.

    FORZA FERRARI!
    Tous avec Jules #17

  17. #227
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I'm a fan of having a veteran number one driver and an up-and-coming number two driver, and then promoting the number two driver when the time comes.
    But there's one danger in all of this. What if the reputation of the #2 driver get's completely annihilated by the #1 driver?

  18. #228
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    But there's one danger in all of this. What if the reputation of the #2 driver get's completely annihilated by the #1 driver?
    Especially when the annihilation is because of team orders! A great rookie wants to show he's great. Seb & Kimii two champion drivers and Kimi has to let him pass. #1, #2 is a Ferrari trademark. The guy with the most points gets the go ahead, but how does the #2 guy get the most points?

  19. #229
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    But there's one danger in all of this. What if the reputation of the #2 driver get's completely annihilated by the #1 driver?
    That's a fair point, but wouldn't that be the exception as opposed to the norm? Massa's reputation wasn't destroyed by Schumacher.

    FORZA FERRARI!
    Tous avec Jules #17

  20. #230
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    That's a fair point, but wouldn't that be the exception as opposed to the norm? Massa's reputation wasn't destroyed by Schumacher.
    Schumy, Rubens! Hated here like he wasn't in Red at the time.

  21. #231
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Schumy, Rubens! Hated here like he wasn't in Red at the time.
    Well in all fairness, Rubens WAS trash compared to Schumacher.

    FORZA FERRARI!
    Tous avec Jules #17

  22. #232
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Well in all fairness, Rubens WAS trash compared to Schumacher.
    I remember Schumy pushing Rubens to a wall trying to kill him! Trash that you think he was, he managed to avoid the wall and stay alive, and in good health . Even today Rubens participates in racing, and enjoying seeing his son starting his racing career. Who could ask for more? Both Rubens and Massa, two Brasilians proud to have been with Ferrari and still racing.

  23. #233
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N. Delhi/Helsinki
    Posts
    4,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    :Even today Rubens participates in racing, and enjoying seeing his son starting his racing career. Who could ask for more?
    Sir, you may not like him & yes he has had a controversial career but this is a cheap shot, really it is
    “I prefer to beat them on Sunday” -Fernando Alonso, Press Conference Korean GP 2010

    "Giornata fantastica !!"- Andrea Stella, European GP 2012


  24. #234
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Sir, you may not like him & yes he has had a controversial career but this is a cheap shot, really it is
    Rubens took team orders his whole time @ Ferrari and it's still his proudest accomplishment in his racing career. I'm sure that's part of his son's incentive to race, why is that a cheap shot? I'm not the fan calling Rubens "Trash" if that's the cheap shot your referring to.
    Last edited by Brembo; 28th January 2018 at 21:10.

  25. #235
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I remember Schumy pushing Rubens to a wall trying to kill him! Trash that you think he was, he managed to avoid the wall and stay alive, and in good health . Even today Rubens participates in racing, and enjoying seeing his son starting his racing career. Who could ask for more? Both Rubens and Massa, two Brasilians proud to have been with Ferrari and still racing.
    I'm just messing with you Brembo. I don't believe in bashing Ferrari drivers. I appreciate Rubens's contributions to the team.

    FORZA FERRARI!
    Tous avec Jules #17

  26. #236
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I'm just messing with you Brembo. I don't believe in bashing Ferrari drivers. I appreciate Rubens's contributions to the team.
    No problema ! That's how I took it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •