Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Hamilton driving for the Scuderia?

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    As were Rosberg and Button, apparently. Either all of Hamiltons team-mates were better than believed, or Hamilton is not as good as believed.
    And Alonso?

Lewis beat Jenson and Nico anyway.....but in the Merc well the car is so good it would be hard to dominate a team mate unless you are Schumacher.....
    Forza Ferrari

Ham has had 4 team mates in his F1 career : Alo Button Ros and now Bot. He beat Alo , he beat Ros 2 championships to 1 and for now he is beating Bot (granted with some help from the team). The only one to get the better of him was Button , also a former champion , and although I may be the only one , a driver I consider to have been very good in his prime being unlucky to have driven for bar/honda.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Maybe Bottas is better than you believe?
    Maybe Lewis is not the God you make him to be?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    And Alonso?
    You mean with the team behind Lewis he made it to be equals in points at the end of the championship?
    No that's not beating Alonso.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Maybe Lewis is not the God you make him to be?
    Could you show me where? Another worthless comment....

So do you think Bottas is rubbish? You spent months whining that Alonso was not that good before he came to Ferrari, your judgement of a driver really is not worth a lot to me
    Forza Ferrari

You mean with the team behind Lewis he made it to be equals in points at the end of the championship?
    No that's not beating Alonso.
    I never said he beat Alonso? what are you on about?

Either all of Hamiltons team-mates were better than believed
    Is Alonso not one of his team mates?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder1984 View Post
    Ham has had 4 team mates in his F1 career : Alo Button Ros and now Bot. He beat Alo , he beat Ros 2 championships to 1 and for now he is beating Bot (granted with some help from the team). The only one to get the better of him was Button , also a former champion , and although I may be the only one , a driver I consider to have been very good in his prime being unlucky to have driven for bar/honda.
    You forgot Heikki, easy mistake
    Forza Ferrari

Could you show me where? Another worthless comment....
    Allow me one worthless comment when at the end of the day you make so many.
    See how you like it when people trash your opinion?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

So do you think Bottas is rubbish? You spent months whining that Alonso was not that good before he came to Ferrari, your judgement of a driver really is not worth a lot to me
    I have said times and times again that Bottas is the living proof that Lewis is not the great driver that people think he is, people in this forum as well.
    That does not go to show that he is not a good driver. Given his age and what he does in Merc at this given time, I'd go to say he probably is better than Lewis and if he was let alone he'd beat him.

As for the fact that my opinion is not worth much to you... oh gosh. I'd be deeply worried if it did... LOL

I don't know all this nonsense, We Don't need Lewis. When Alonso left us, it was it was the best move he made according to the media, as he will never win with us and McLaren will give him a better opportunity. He himself said that he can NEVER win with The Scuderia.
    Lewis has never considered to drive for Ferrari, and also commented on what a good move Alonso made to leave us.
    Now all of a sudden the Fake British media is pushing this narrative that that Lewis needs to drive for us and Alonso should also consider returning, as one comment I read said "Imagine what they would do in this car"!

I say we were not good enough for them before, so they should just stay where they are, we got to this position without them and we will continue to move forward without them. We have a great driver lineup and some very exiting young talent for the future.

we don't need any egotistical "fair weather" prima donnas driving for us. Lewis is just a Mobile obsessed teenager who is lucky to have always had a car that flatters his abilities and Alonso is just a bad poison that will destroy the morale of any team.

No doubt HAM is a great and a fast driver. I absolutely would not want to see him at Ferrari. His entire persona does not fit with the passion, romance and magic of our great team. I know we have to be hard-hearted but, for me, NOT Hamilton.
    Trying to be less angry..

All Lewis' success in F1 on the track, his poles, wins; so on mean nothing, he's cursed with a winning top car. He even knows enough to stay away from Verstappen! Driving an inferior car is where it's at. Every drivers dream. Most important than driving ability is how a driver dresses and his social life when not at work. He should where a helmet and driver gloves 24/7 . Show some class!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    All Lewis' success in F1 on the track, his poles, wins; so on mean nothing, he's cursed with a winning top car. He even knows enough to stay away from Verstappen! Driving an inferior car is where it's at. Every drivers dream. Most important than driving ability is how a driver dresses and his social life when not at work. He should where a helmet and driver gloves 24/7 . Show some class!!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    No doubt HAM is a great and a fast driver. I absolutely would not want to see him at Ferrari. His entire persona does not fit with the passion, romance and magic of our great team. I know we have to be hard-hearted but, for me, NOT Hamilton.
    +1, totally agree and he has been lucky enough to have had a dominant car for most of his F1 career, even the Mclaren was our bete noir at the time, so he has never really had to fight to be at the right end of the grid.

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    All Lewis' success in F1 on the track, his poles, wins; so on mean nothing, he's cursed with a winning top car. Show some class!!

The thing about good sarcasm is that it's not supposed to be true. Hamilton actually does owe the great majority of his success to driving the best cars in the entire history of F1, cars which make the Schumies Ferrari's seem downright ordinary by comparison. It's strange that people who, not so long ago, were lavishing praise on Seb's Red Bull's and attributing all his success to them are so blind in the case of LH and Mercedes.

Lewis still managed to win some races in inferior cars. 2009, 2011, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    So did his teammates...
    2011 season WDC results, Jenson P2, Lewis P5.
    2013 season Nico 2 race wins, Lewis 1 race win.

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    So did his teammates...
    2011 season WDC results, Jenson P2, Lewis P5.
    2013 season Nico 2 race wins, Lewis 1 race win.
    enough said.....he's been having a rocket of a car for the past few seasons with NO other team really challanging for wins at every race....now that Ferrari has a car that can challenge for wins constantly, Lewise is getting scared....LOLOLOL
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    enough said.....he's been having a rocket of a car for the past few seasons with NO other team really challanging for wins at every race....now that Ferrari has a car that can challenge for wins constantly, Lewise is getting scared....LOLOLOL
    As I said time and time again, Bottas was hired from Merc in order to be a support driver, with an one year contract mind you, and we all know what followed. We 've heard the yapping and whining and begging from the miracle boy and we all know the drivers' standings, and we all can see the reality of things.
    Is Bottas a very good driver? No doubt. But we also need to remember that this is his first year with Merc while Lewis is driving with Merc for quite a number of years now so he has the advantage.

As I said time and time again, Bottas was hired from Merc in order to be a support driver, with an one year contract mind you, and we all know what followed. We 've heard the yapping and whining and begging from the miracle boy and we all know the drivers' standings, and we all can see the reality of things.
    Is Bottas a very good driver? No doubt. But we also need to remember that this is his first year with Merc while Lewis is driving with Merc for quite a number of years now so he has the advantage.
    I see what you are aiming at, but the same can be said for other great drivers. Almost everyone has a smear in his career. Alonso lost from a rookie Lewis in 2007. Seb with 4 titles was destroyed by Ricciardo in 2014. Are Alonso and Seb overrated?

I see what you are aiming at, but the same can be said for other great drivers. Almost everyone has a smear in his career. Alonso lost from a rookie Lewis in 2007. Seb with 4 titles was destroyed by Ricciardo in 2014. Are Alonso and Seb overrated?
    Lewis had the backing of McLaren and yet he only managed to get the same number of points to Alonso at a year where we all know what happened (Stepneygate).
    As for Seb, the real question should be if Ric is better than Seb; the answer to this is we cannot possibly know just from one year. But I don't remember Seb crying like a baby asking RBR to pull Ric behind like Lewis constantly does.

Great post. I totally agree

Forza Jules

Lewis had the backing of McLaren and yet he only managed to get the same number of points to Alonso at a year where we all know what happened (Stepneygate).
    As for Seb, the real question should be if Ric is better than Seb; the answer to this is we cannot possibly know just from one year. But I don't remember Seb crying like a baby asking RBR to pull Ric behind like Lewis constantly does.
    Does it not count for anything that Lewis was a rookie that year? I mean, come on, does not matter what someone on the pitwall wants, you have to drive the car yourself! Beating or tying Alonso in his prime as a rookie was nothing but amazing.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Does it not count for anything that Lewis was a rookie that year? I mean, come on, does not matter what someone on the pitwall wants, you have to drive the car yourself! Beating or tying Alonso in his prime as a rookie was nothing but amazing.
    If he did it the way Bottas tries to do it, sure. He did it with the backing of the whole McLaren team. So in my books, no.

If he did it the way Bottas tries to do it, sure. He did it with the backing of the whole McLaren team. So in my books, no.
    Is Bottas a 20 year old driving his first year in F1? Hamilton was beating Alonso comfortably before parking in the gravel and having a disaster start the last race. If he like Alonso had been in his prime he would never have parked in the gravel. If you think LH being a rookie does not matter, then you are wrong.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Is Bottas a 20 year old driving his first year in F1? Hamilton was beating Alonso comfortably before parking in the gravel and having a disaster start the last race. If he like Alonso had been in his prime he would never have parked in the gravel. If you think LH being a rookie does not matter, then you are wrong.
    Lewis had over 15,000 kms under his belt from testing before he got to his first race. He had enough time to under stand the tyres, car and how to push the package.

For me, 2007 he was a nice to watch, good to see a young Brit finally get a break into F1 and be good and quick. But over time, he has worn thin, his whole im bigger than F1, my ego is massive, i dont like fans touching me or putting their arms around him for pictures. Only when it suits him. At last GP, there was camera following him into Merc garage, a fan asked for picture. Went to put arm around him, as you do, and you could just make out him with deadpan face say "no arm".

He only acts all love the fans stuff when it suits him. I know some British drivers who knew Lewis in early days, they liked him. But now? no. They cannt stand his attitude, his persona. He has started to believe is own hype, and what his friends keep rubbing his ego with . "Oh Lewis you so great, no driver can get near yuo blah blah blah" I now F1 driver have egos, but his? well its massive and ruined him.

Well, 2009, started bad. But once Mclaren got the DD sorted and developed the car around that, the car came to them. Brawn had started to run out of Honda money, that was given to them at the start of the year. Hence why Mclaren and RBR caught them by the end. But Brawn had done enough at the start in points, no one could catch them. 2011 2013, Mclaren was the only team to be able to fight RBR. Mclaren was 2nd best on grid. If not the best at some races.

As for how good Lewis is? look at Bottas. Last year in William. Mid-field. This year in the best car on grid. He won and had pole. The car making him look better. So, to me, 90% car 10% driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Lewis had over 15,000 kms under his belt from testing before he got to his first race. He had enough time to under stand the tyres, car and how to push the package.

For me, 2007 he was a nice to watch, good to see a young Brit finally get a break into F1 and be good and quick. But over time, he has worn thin, his whole im bigger than F1, my ego is massive, i dont like fans touching me or putting their arms around him for pictures. Only when it suits him. At last GP, there was camera following him into Merc garage, a fan asked for picture. Went to put arm around him, as you do, and you could just make out him with deadpan face say "no arm".

He only acts all love the fans stuff when it suits him. I know some British drivers who knew Lewis in early days, they liked him. But now? no. They cannt stand his attitude, his persona. He has started to believe is own hype, and what his friends keep rubbing his ego with . "Oh Lewis you so great, no driver can get near yuo blah blah blah" I now F1 driver have egos, but his? well its massive and ruined him.
    That's what I'm hearing from other drivers. You think his "big-head ego" is due to when he got rid of his father as his manager? At least when his dad was his manager, he was firmly planted from an ego perspective. Some don't care what a driver does outside the car and I can understand that but to me and IMO, its all about austerity vs. hedonism and most F1 drivers outside of the car are somewhat austentatious but Lewis is all about being a "Kardiashian" with his social media in all.

sidenote: the whole London thing about not showing up.....its all about showing class instead of being class-less, if that has any meaning anymore.

Alonso came to McLaren with 2 WDCs under his belt, and assumed that, teamed with a newcomer (Hamilton), he would have preferential treatment and be Number One.
    Hamilton was Ron Dennis' find and his protégé then; he proved to be competitive from the start and a handful for Alonso to deal with.

Ron Dennis had dealt with intense rivalry in his team (Lauda-Prost, then Prost-Senna) and didn't give Alonso the preference he expected. Alonso's pride was wounded by that, and the atmosphere within the team deteriorated from then on.

Alonso didn't display a massive superiority over Hamilton that year, and the challenge was too much for the Spaniard to deal with. It ended up in acrimony, and a lost WDC, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    As for how good Lewis is? look at Bottas. Last year in William. Mid-field. This year in the best car on grid. He won and had pole. The car making him look better. So, to me, 90% car 10% driver.

I would put it like this Rob: 50% car, 40% team, 10% driver. Drivers today don't "drive" the car, they are told how to drive the car i.e. conserve tyres, when to pit, switch mapping or modes, how the other drivers are doing, harvesting the batteries. Hence the 40% of the team (strategists, the people behind the pit wall and HQ). It certainly has changed with the advent of technology. Not like before when it was all the driver.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 13th August 2017 at 17:58.