Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Hamilton driving for the Scuderia?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Well, 2009, started bad. But once Mclaren got the DD sorted and developed the car around that, the car came to them. Brawn had started to run out of Honda money, that was given to them at the start of the year. Hence why Mclaren and RBR caught them by the end. But Brawn had done enough at the start in points, no one could catch them. 2011 2013, Mclaren was the only team to be able to fight RBR. Mclaren was 2nd best on grid. If not the best at some races.
    Sure, McLaren improved the car. However, you can't expect someone to win if he doesn't have a car that can at least fight near the front.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Lewis had over 15,000 kms under his belt from testing before he got to his first race. He had enough time to under stand the tyres, car and how to push the package.

For me, 2007 he was a nice to watch, good to see a young Brit finally get a break into F1 and be good and quick. But over time, he has worn thin, his whole im bigger than F1, my ego is massive, i dont like fans touching me or putting their arms around him for pictures. Only when it suits him. At last GP, there was camera following him into Merc garage, a fan asked for picture. Went to put arm around him, as you do, and you could just make out him with deadpan face say "no arm".

He only acts all love the fans stuff when it suits him. I know some British drivers who knew Lewis in early days, they liked him. But now? no. They cannt stand his attitude, his persona. He has started to believe is own hype, and what his friends keep rubbing his ego with . "Oh Lewis you so great, no driver can get near yuo blah blah blah" I now F1 driver have egos, but his? well its massive and ruined him.
    ^^ So very true!

As long as Lewis leaves his "Ego" for off track times, who cares? He seems to be A OK respecting his teamate on the track, even though he's the #1 guy. Bottas is allowed to do one hell of a job for Merc inspite of his teamates so called Ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    As long as Lewis leaves his "Ego" for off track times, who cares? He seems to be A OK respecting his teamate on the track, even though he's the #1 guy. Bottas is allowed to do one hell of a job for Merc inspite of his teamates so called Ego.
    It's still their first year. Bottas plays more diplomatically now because he wants to get his contract extended. We'll see how big their respect will be next year if VB gets a contract renewal.

So far Bottas is allowed to drive. Lewis has not asked for it, nor has Merc , Rubenized Bottas .

i think Bottas and Lewis are treading carefully with one another atm. It's their honeymoon period and maybe Lewis wants us all to think the trouble was all caused by Rosburg.
    As has been said already wait and see how they both behave if Bottas gets a multi year contract and they are both free to race.
    Ferrari require a lot of extra commitment from their drivers but Lewis' altro ego might get in the way.
    I cannot picture him in a meeting with Arrivabene and Marchionne. Does Lewis do PR?

Forza Jules

3somes and poop fetishes. ROFL at Lewis ....

Quote Originally Posted by enjaybel3 View Post
    3somes and poop fetishes. ROFL at Lewis ....

Disappointed Since 2010

Mental illness caused by huge sums of money syndrome

Ferrari fans adjusted well to Seb when he came over, I'm sure the same will happen if Lewis comes to Ferrari, and when he retires; with all the records he has and will continue break; he can be called "Former Ferrari Great! "

Ferrari fans adjusted well to Seb when he came over, I'm sure the same will happen if Lewis comes to Ferrari, and when he retires; with all the records he has and will continue break; he can be called "Former Ferrari Great! "
    Ferrari doesn't need Lewis. They need to build a championship winning car.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    No we don't need Lewis, we had a championship-winning car at the start of 2017 and one driver seemingly capable of taking it to a successful conclusion, but somehow it imploded after the summer break. We can't let that happen again and need both drivers to fight at the front, not to mention an even better and more reliable car. Viviamo in speranza!

Maybe it's time Ferrari creates a champion rather than employ champions from other teams. Red Bulls young driver program seems to work out well for them, why can't Ferrari's?

Lewis' feelings are easily hurt, I'm on my 3rd Twitter account because of him

Brembo you do enjoy teasing us
    Seriously though there is a very big difference between Seb and Lewis.
    In fact they don't belong in the same sentence unless you are comparing them. They only thing they have in common is that both want to win but how they go about it is very different.
    Seb is so busy at Ferrari he's not even taking time out to take part in the ROC now that's commitment for you. I really admire Seb his work ethics and commitment. Even how he learned to speak Italian before he joined us not easy I believe for someone whose mother tongue is German.
    Now picture Lewis in red...... off snowboarding in Japan feeding his alta ego. If he came to Ferrari they would have to find a way to keep him quiet nah nah I can't see a loose canon like Lewis in red.
    When asked by a jurno about Lewis joining Ferrari Marchionne once said "Why do I need Lewis when I have Vettel??

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Now picture Lewis in red...... off snowboarding in Japan feeding his alta ego.
    What's wrong with snowboarding during the winter break? Everyone deserves a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Maybe it's time Ferrari creates a champion rather than employ champions from other teams. Red Bulls young driver program seems to work out well for them, why can't Ferrari's?
    Don't worry. Leclerc is on the way.

Disappointed Since 2010

I believe so as well, there's just too many hype around him. That hype is not for nothing. Every young driver coming from GP2 or GP3 with a huge amount of hype always delivered. Most recent example is Max. I think Leclerc is a future homegrown Ferrari megastar. I just hope he'll get a chance in a Ferrari before someone else snatches him.
    Last edited by Stormy; 19th January 2018 at 11:25.

Leclerc, move over , let Seb pass! I just can't see that working. Or is it Seb he will be replacing? I'd like to see Max and Leclerc together @ Ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    What's wrong with snowboarding during the winter break? Everyone deserves a break.
    Absolutely agree with your comment it was my fault I didn't make it clear what I mean't.
    Of course all of our drivers deserve a holiday and time to enjoy themselves
    What I was trying to say is that Lewis only commits to himself always enjoying himself of course but it would be nice if he showed more commitment to the sport
    He has won sports personality of the year in the past but was too busy travelling through America to turn up to collect his trophy. His loyal fans voted for him was it too much trouble to be there???????.......this year he was on Italian TV displaying his piano skills that night.
    He wasn't at the F1 hall of fame opening ceremony in Paris either but was in London at the fashion awards wearing his tartan suit that night!!!! need I say Alonso, Vettel, Rosberg, Villeneuve, Mansell, Hill, Jackie Stewart were present and we know Michael would have been there too
    To conclude Ferrari expect a lot of PR commitment from their drivers would Lewis comply????? I doubt it

Giallo I concur LeClerc is on his way and maybe Giovinazzi as well.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    It would be nice for Ferrari to create their own 'home-grown' champion and I assume that the FDA was created to do just that, it seems a shame that some of those selected are not permitted to grow quickly enough to satisfy those objectives. I hope Leclerc and Giovinazzi will be given that chance, it would also be a lot cheaper!

Santander went with Ferrari because of Alonso driving for them. Just an example of how sponsors think. A top driver draws fans to a team. Giovinazzi I believe would want to drive for Ferrari even if he had to move over every race. I believe Leclerc would want Seb to move over for him.

Leclerc, move over , let Seb pass! I just can't see that working. Or is it Seb he will be replacing? I'd like to see Max and Leclerc together @ Ferrari!
    You think Vettel/Leclerc would be more volatile than Leclerc/Verstappen?

Disappointed Since 2010

+1

Wow! A Leclerc/ Verstappen match up @ Ferrari would be great! Both in the #1 spot. Every F1 fan would stop what there doing to see them fight for pole , 1st, win!! What I believe is Leclerc won't want to move over for Vettle, and if he truly is as great as he's thought of here, he's going to be on pole, not Seb.

My God are you for real. First off Hamilton has only won sports personality of the year once in 2014 and he did attend. Google is your friend and very easy to check. Secondly, the reason he did not attend the FIA Hall of Fame opening was because he was already committed to attending the BRDC ceremony on that same day and he can’t split himself into 2, or do you feel that the BRDC is not worth his attention? He only went to the Fashion show AFTERWARDS and again google is your friend and easy to use.
    Third, I think you are the first person ever to question Hamilton’s desire to be an F1 driver. The commitment that him and his family devoted to get him to where he is today is unquestioned, except by you. I don’t think that there was ever any doubt from a young age what Lewis was going to do with his life. He is not lazy and Bottas, Button and Rosberg have all commented on how much work he puts in to get the best out of the car. Also there is no other driver who has done more to raise the profile of F1 than Hamilton, Ricciardo and Verstappen. They are the only 3 drivers who actively go out of their way to reach out through social media and publicity events. So to me you are just raging for the sake of it using falsehoods where facts say different just because you feel some type of way about Hamilton. It’s really sad when people use lies to make an argument. Really really sad!

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Absolutely agree with your comment it was my fault I didn't make it clear what I mean't.
    Of course all of our drivers deserve a holiday and time to enjoy themselves
    What I was trying to say is that Lewis only commits to himself always enjoying himself of course but it would be nice if he showed more commitment to the sport
    He has won sports personality of the year in the past but was too busy travelling through America to turn up to collect his trophy. His loyal fans voted for him was it too much trouble to be there???????.......this year he was on Italian TV displaying his piano skills that night.
    He wasn't at the F1 hall of fame opening ceremony in Paris either but was in London at the fashion awards wearing his tartan suit that night!!!! need I say Alonso, Vettel, Rosberg, Villeneuve, Mansell, Hill, Jackie Stewart were present and we know Michael would have been there too
    To conclude Ferrari expect a lot of PR commitment from their drivers would Lewis comply????? I doubt it

Giallo I concur LeClerc is on his way and maybe Giovinazzi as well.
    My God are you for real. First off Hamilton has only won sports personality of the year once in 2014 and he did attend. Google is your friend and very easy to check. Secondly, the reason he did not attend the FIA Hall of Fame opening was because he was already committed to attending the BRDC ceremony on that same day and he can’t split himself into 2, or do you feel that the BRDC is not worth his attention? He only went to the Fashion show AFTERWARDS and again google is your friend and easy to use.
    Third, I think you are the first person ever to question Hamilton’s desire to be an F1 driver. The commitment that him and his family devoted to get him to where he is today is unquestioned, except by you. I don’t think that there was ever any doubt from a young age what Lewis was going to do with his life. He is not lazy and Bottas, Button and Rosberg have all commented on how much work he puts in to get the best out of the car. Also there is no other driver who has done more to raise the profile of F1 than Hamilton, Ricciardo and Verstappen. They are the only 3 drivers who actively go out of their way to reach out through social media and publicity events. So to me you are just raging for the sake of it using falsehoods where facts say different just because you feel some type of way about Hamilton. It’s really sad when people use lies to make an argument. Really really sad!

Ferrari did build a winning car. Merc did build a winning car, Seb lost , Lewis won. Would Seb have won in Lewis car?

Would Seb have won in Lewis car?
    Well, Vettel would have come much closer without the spark plug issue, so I would say yes.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    My God are you for real. First off Hamilton has only won sports personality of the year once in 2014 and he did attend. Google is your friend and very easy to check. Secondly, the reason he did not attend the FIA Hall of Fame opening was because he was already committed to attending the BRDC ceremony on that same day and he can’t split himself into 2, or do you feel that the BRDC is not worth his attention? He only went to the Fashion show AFTERWARDS and again google is your friend and easy to use.!
    I see you are a Hamilton fan but support the McLaren team!!!! It's such a pity neither Merc nor Macca have a fan forum like this one where Lewis fans could revel in their boys greatness!!!!! I guess it's a trifle grey over there........................
    I too check Google and dip into lewis' Instagram and Twitter accounts from time to time just to see what the great and the good are up to!!!!!!!but Lewis has gone rather minimal of late !!!!! Has he wiped his Instagram file or yes he had to
    I conclude on this subject happy in the knowledge that Lewis will not wear red and I think he has said that he has resigned himself to the fact.......he would never be able to deal with the ethos of the car is the star and is more important than any driver!!!!!
    Ciao Have a happy life.

Forza Jules