Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Hamilton driving for the Scuderia?

Lewis Hamilton driving for the Scuderia?

I for one, think it's a great idea. Thoughts?
    Last edited by doublesixes; 18th July 2017 at 20:35.

There are some rumours that Lewis might drive for Ferrari but i really can't imagine him adapting properly.

Why would he leave the best team currently who have helped shape his career since his junior years? He is a Mercedes man through and through and has never expressed any hunger or affinity to Ferrari seat like Vettel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    Why would he leave the best team currently who have helped shape his career since his junior years? He is a Mercedes man through and through and has never expressed any hunger or affinity to Ferrari seat like Vettel.
    Sounds like Michael

But it was McLaren that supported him as a junior.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Sounds like Michael
    OOhh Greig, your bringing up 2006. The LdM years. Some sources say Michael "choose" to retire, others say Ferrari let him go or he (MS) was pushed away. Anywho, we

the public are told he retired. What happened behind closed doors....well some of us here can hypothesize.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    OOhh Greig, your bringing up 2006. The LdM years. Some sources say Michael "choose" to retire, others say Ferrari let him go or he (MS) was pushed away. Anywho, we

the public are told he retired. What happened behind closed doors....well some of us here can hypothesize.
    Not really about 2006, Merc backed MS from his junior years and he had no affiliation with Ferrari or desire to drive for us growing up.
    Forza Ferrari

It was McLaren AND Mercedes.....Ron Dennis and Norbert Haug specifically.

Sounds like Michael

But it was McLaren that supported him as a junior.
    It was McLaren AND Mercedes.....Ron Dennis and Norbert Haug specifically.

Not really about 2006, Merc backed MS from his junior years and he had no affiliation with Ferrari or desire to drive for us growing up.
    Yup

Now onto the "wanna-be-rapper" boy with the Mister T starter kit. Drive for Ferrari...hmmm. Couple of things to think of.

1.) Mercedes designs the car around LH. Vettel tells Ferrari how the car should be designed around him. MS was the same way.

2.) LH dislikes practices let alone he does'nt even show up to London a week ago where all the F1 family is there including ex F1 drivers. This guy uses social media to

gain some type of social media acceptance and puts his personal life for all to see (partying with the "Bieb's(beeebs)); his fans are suckers and he is a fake IMO off the

track. On the track, yes he will probably break MS record in pole positions and has talent(IMO to a certain degree but thats debateable).

3. IF, big IF, Lewis drove for Ferrari....both would clash in mindsets and culture. He probably won't even try to speak Italian!!!! and why should he?

4. He publically stated that F1 "has robbed of him of his social life." Well then if you had any idea of what F1 was like back in the day, yeah, you travel alot. Maybe you

should have gone into rapping.

In a nutshell.....both LH and Ferrari would not gel; both in total disharmony and no cohesiveness.

Yes they did, they even got him in seat for the Sauber Mercedes C11, 1991 Le-Mans.

No i would hate to see Lewis at Ferrari, when Kimi goes, get Dani Ric, or even hate to say it, Max. Lewis no way. I know they want best and fastest for the team, but Lewis just isnt Ferrari. Or even his fanboys. Bad images for Ferrari.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

FerrariSteve Guest
    I am sorry I dearly love Ferrari and I have images of Schumi, Alesi and Prost on my walls driving Ferraris but the day it is announced that Lewis has signed for Ferrari is the day I cease to be a Ferrari fan, yes I am aware 99% of people on here will hate me for that but I am only being honest.

also the thought of his so-very-toxic fans suddenly being Ferrari fans makes me want to vomit.
    Last edited by FerrariSteve; 18th July 2017 at 22:16. Reason: addition

Charles LeClerc, please...
    Last edited by Giallo 550; 18th July 2017 at 23:25.

Disappointed Since 2010

To be honest, I couldnt imagine neither Vettel or Alonso driving for Ferrari. But I support/supported them as long as they're driving for Ferrari.
    I don't think SM will hire someone who isn't going to attend a Formula1 event in order to visit Greece for holidays... We can't deny he's extremely fast tho..

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    To be honest, I couldnt imagine neither Vettel or Alonso driving for Ferrari. But I support/supported them as long as they're driving for Ferrari.
    I don't think SM will hire someone who isn't going to attend a Formula1 event in order to visit Greece for holidays... We can't deny he's extremely fast tho..
    any driver is FAST when they have a rocketship underneath them.....heck you can put the worst driver on the grid in that Mercedes spaceship and that person will do wonders.

how fast was Lewis in the piece of crap Mclaren he drove in 2011??? he was NOT that fast was he??? the one with the dumbo elephant ears for sidepods???? that's right he was no where....even button was driving better then him in that car on various occasions....

so to come to a conclusion, one HAS to have a good car in order to win championships......you can be the best driver in the world, if you have a DODGIE car underneath you, you ain't winning much
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    any driver is FAST when they have a rocketship underneath them.....heck you can put the worst driver on the grid in that Mercedes spaceship and that person will do wonders.
    Certainly the top 6 of course, others are mentioned:

1. Kyvat - instead of the torpedo guy, we'll just call him the MISSILE guy in a W08.

2. Stroll - would definitely beat Massa....don't know about the rest as he is in the "nursery" stage for now.

3. Ocon - hell yes.

4. Massa - sigh....yes

5. Palmer - no comment.....but probably so

6. Grosjean - yes....brakes have to be to his liking though

7. Perez - yes

8. K-Mag - yes

9. Ericsson and Wehrein - make it past Q2

I don't want this guy to be in our team. I can't imagine such equation too.

Supported ferrari as long as I remember despite who the driver was. But imagining him driving for ferrari is really hard to grasp.

He is a great driver, I would not mind, don't care about what he does in his personal life

It's not a silly season without a lewis to ferrari rumour but he's a quick driver so I'd have him but I'd rather have seb

Ferrari will not consider him, on the basis of his personal life. He doesn't give priority to team events etc, rather he's more involved in social media. Also he talks to media too much

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari will not consider him, on the basis of his personal life. He doesn't give priority to team events etc, rather he's more involved in social media. Also he talks to media too much
    The only priority Lewis has for his team is to win WCC, and WDC. A true #1 team driver must give up his social life, friends, personal leisure time for the team. Oh! also to the press, No comment! Not allowed to give interviews, I'm a true team member. Only then should Ferrari consider him. Winning is not the main thing for a #1 Ferrari driver, Of the track is where it counts. The image is everything! Austria 2002 Shumy showed class giving up the #1 trophy to Rubens on the podium no less! What's a few million $$ in fines? Do the right thing.

I think signing Lewis is not the right choice for Ferrari. However, those stating they will quit supporting Ferrari if that happens is disgusting.

Has he ever expressed any interest in driving for Ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    actually he (LH) has expressed the opposite. This came out 3hrs ago. I guess the starter of this thread presumably reacted IF Vettel was to sign for Mercedes then possibly

Lewis would sign for Ferrari and the starter of this thread would not mind having Lewis as an F1 driver for Ferrari. We expressed our thoughts of the idea.

Anyways, here is the article 3hrs ago.

Lewis Hamilton says he has no plans to switch to Ferrari

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/20101349

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Every driver on the grid wants to drive for ferrari and if they say they don't there lieing

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Every driver on the grid wants to drive for ferrari and if they say they don't there lieing
    granted it wouldn't be the first time Lewis told a porkie

seriously tho I just can't see it myself.

Looks like a PR nightmare for Ferrari but I guess they will have no choice when they are done with Vettel.

there was also talk of Mclaren getting Ferrari engines? imagine if both happened, that and Lewis in red lol.

hopefully hamilton will never ever be part of the ferrari f1 team. plus he wouldn't leave the team that makes a car that dominates the sport in every way

Lewis may be the fastest driver out there but he would not be good for the marque!!
    Lewis and Arrivabene........................the mind boggles....................
    When you consider that he had trouble with Alonso Lewis would be double double trouble!!!
    There is a lot more to a Ferrari driver than being fast discretion, commitment, humility and the team comes first!!!!! There are a number of more suitable candidates. Danny Ric should be top billing then Perez, Sainz, Ocon and maybe even Mad Max!!! He's maturing.

Forza Jules