Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Lewis Hamilton driving for the Scuderia?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Well, 2009, started bad. But once Mclaren got the DD sorted and developed the car around that, the car came to them. Brawn had started to run out of Honda money, that was given to them at the start of the year. Hence why Mclaren and RBR caught them by the end. But Brawn had done enough at the start in points, no one could catch them. 2011 2013, Mclaren was the only team to be able to fight RBR. Mclaren was 2nd best on grid. If not the best at some races.
    Sure, McLaren improved the car. However, you can't expect someone to win if he doesn't have a car that can at least fight near the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Lewis had over 15,000 kms under his belt from testing before he got to his first race. He had enough time to under stand the tyres, car and how to push the package.

For me, 2007 he was a nice to watch, good to see a young Brit finally get a break into F1 and be good and quick. But over time, he has worn thin, his whole im bigger than F1, my ego is massive, i dont like fans touching me or putting their arms around him for pictures. Only when it suits him. At last GP, there was camera following him into Merc garage, a fan asked for picture. Went to put arm around him, as you do, and you could just make out him with deadpan face say "no arm".

He only acts all love the fans stuff when it suits him. I know some British drivers who knew Lewis in early days, they liked him. But now? no. They cannt stand his attitude, his persona. He has started to believe is own hype, and what his friends keep rubbing his ego with . "Oh Lewis you so great, no driver can get near yuo blah blah blah" I now F1 driver have egos, but his? well its massive and ruined him.
    ^^ So very true!
    Common doesn't mean "Come on"; "Should have" not "Should of" ;)

As long as Lewis leaves his "Ego" for off track times, who cares? He seems to be A OK respecting his teamate on the track, even though he's the #1 guy. Bottas is allowed to do one hell of a job for Merc inspite of his teamates so called Ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    As long as Lewis leaves his "Ego" for off track times, who cares? He seems to be A OK respecting his teamate on the track, even though he's the #1 guy. Bottas is allowed to do one hell of a job for Merc inspite of his teamates so called Ego.
    It's still their first year. Bottas plays more diplomatically now because he wants to get his contract extended. We'll see how big their respect will be next year if VB gets a contract renewal.

So far Bottas is allowed to drive. Lewis has not asked for it, nor has Merc , Rubenized Bottas .

i think Bottas and Lewis are treading carefully with one another atm. It's their honeymoon period and maybe Lewis wants us all to think the trouble was all caused by Rosburg.
    As has been said already wait and see how they both behave if Bottas gets a multi year contract and they are both free to race.
    Ferrari require a lot of extra commitment from their drivers but Lewis' altro ego might get in the way.
    I cannot picture him in a meeting with Arrivabene and Marchionne. Does Lewis do PR?

Forza Jules