Thread: Cosworth commits resources to F1 comeback

Cosworth commits resources to F1 comeback

Legendary F1 engine manufacturer Cosworth likes what it has seen so far from F1 and the direction of its future engine rules as it projects its return to Grand Prix racing.

F1 sporting manager Ross Brawn is hard at work framing the sport's engine platform beyond 2020. Several working group meetings which included manufacturers which are not currently involved in F1 have yielded positive feedback and interest.

Cosworth CEO Hal Reisiger has confirmed his company's interest in returning to F1 as an independent engine manufacturer, to the point where it is now committing resources to the project.

"I think that we've got sufficient support from the existing teams, and we've had discussions with some, that enable us to make the commitment to proceed," Reisiger told Motorsport.com in an exclusive interview.

"More teams committed for a longer term, is always better. But we have some verbal agreements to partner with some existing and future teams that would enable us to be a sustainable engine partner."

•Hybrid technology in next F1 engine could be tactical tool - Brawn

Cosworth has been called upon by Ross Brawn to help define the rules of the future, which the company believes should include various changes destined to rid tomorrow's engine of various problematic elements.

"We appreciate being involved in the process," said Reisiger.

"We think we are well suited to come back into F1 if the engine regulations should change, and the compelling change has to be with the heat energy recovery [from the turbo] – because that is the most expensive and time-consuming element.

"If F1 wants a new engine supplier for 2021 there will have to be some changes on that front.

"We have been invited to participate in the working committees which we are happy to do, so we are engaged in the process and looking forward to it."

Reisiger insists that, within the right framework, Cosworth would have the means to offer a competitive power unit capable of performing on a par with Mercedes and Ferrari.

"It is important not only for the teams that we would serve, but for our own brand that we should not get involved in it if we cannot be competitive.

"We have a great historic brand, we want to protect our brand as much as we want to help people win races, but we do think we can do it."

http://en.f1i.com/news/274031-coswor...Y1tr1x.twitter

Glad to hear they're back. There will be more reason for us to pick which team worthy our engine.

If Cosworth manages to produce a solid PU, there's no reason for RB to cry anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by giulia View Post
    Glad to hear they're back. There will be more reason for us to pick which team worthy our engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    If Cosworth manages to produce a solid PU, there's no reason for RB to cry anymore.
    With financial backing from Aston Martin, I feel Redbull will dump Renault in 2020 and into 2021 their cars will be powered by an Aston/Cosworth engine should the next

formula be a simplier less expensive PU.....V-6 2T KERS. Right now, RedBull's Valkyrie hypercar is powerd by a Cosworth V-12 (badged Aston I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    With financial backing from Aston Martin, I feel Redbull will dump Renault in 2020 and into 2021 their cars will be powered by an Aston/Cosworth engine should the next

formula be a simplier less expensive PU.....V-6 2T KERS. Right now, RedBull's Valkyrie hypercar is powerd by a Cosworth V-12 (badged Aston I believe).
    Yap, RB are using Renault engines because they got no other choice. It's only natural they team up with Cosworth if they come back.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Bring back the DFV! My favourite F1 engine of all time!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Haha ha....would'nt ya know it....1+1=2

Aston Martin boss hints at F1 entry - here's what it could look like

Aston Martin boss Andy Palmer says the company is open to joining F1 - if the sports new owners can bring in cost control to the sport.

The luxury car maker is currently a sponsor of Red Bull Racing, but Palmer says a proper Aston F1 team is something they are considering.

"We sit on the periphery of F1, with the Valkyrie, and with Red Bull," Palmer told Autosport.

https://driv3trib3.com/p/aston-marti...Q6yZj8IVVMg8wQ

Attachment 7255

Attachment 7256

Attachment 7257

Cosworth + Aston Martin + RBR = SkySports will hail them as "british at its finest"

If it's Aston Martin, I look forward to how the FIA will implement a BoP system that will allow them to win in later years with a dated car. Maybe lifting the fuel flow/oil usage restrictions? Or perhaps the FIA will look the other way and allow aero concessions?

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    If it's Aston Martin, I look forward to how the FIA will implement a BoP system that will allow them to win in later years with a dated car. Maybe lifting the fuel flow/oil usage restrictions? Or perhaps the FIA will look the other way and allow aero concessions?

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE