Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Hungarian Formula 1 Grand Prix - Practice and Qualifying

maybe Ferrari just doesn't want to show their hand just yet....and we'll wait for Quali to show how good the car really is....

we can only hope, NO???

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Seb did a 1:23:7 on long stint lap
    wow, more then a second off??? maybe we're running high fuel and conservative engine modes....

softs seem much faster as race tyres compared to SuperSofts

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    wow, more then a second off??? maybe we're running high fuel and conservative engine modes....
    seb did a 1:22:0 about 0.5 off hamilton

they said the supersoft tyres on Kimi's car is falling away fast, even faster than ricciardo , might be a 2 stopper

Yeah, great weekend ahead, it is gonna be racing in good weather

Ricciardo's race pace was a second faster than Kimi both on supersofts from what i could see

@mwk I donno wt numbers u r looking at.
    1.On SS RB & Ferrari equally matched and also faster than mercs.
    2. SS are holding well but not showing gr8 pace
    3. On softs vet n ham are almost equally matched.
    Softs too holding well n are able to match SS tyre pace.

On long runs Ferrari looks in better shape.
    Just they need to fine tune the set-up n find more pace in quali. Stay in front row

seb did a 1:22:0 about 0.5 off hamilton
    Ham doing high 1.22's

Vettel: teams trying to ban our car shows what a great job the team has done over the winter

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Crofty asks, name a bigger comeback than Robert Kubica!! They talk about Zinardi (Amazing guy, he is an inspiration), but Zinardi did not come back to F1, but they forgot to talk about Alan Prost, the guy who was out for a year or so and came back to win a Championship!! And he calls himself a F1 fan!
    I would say Niki Lauda's is pretty big.

Disappointed Since 2010

Leclerc 7th pole straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I would say Niki Lauda's is pretty big.
    Yea, its very big too. They dont say anything about it. Crazy comentators. Just for show.

One thing I noticed with mercs is, they struggled to put a proper lap on SS where they struggled rear end of this tyres in these temperatures.
    Temperatures gonna rise for quali, so it will be interesting to see how they find the right set-up in such conditions.
    I'm seeing similar issues like Monaco mercs.
    Where bottas found the way little bit n Hamilton struggled to put a lap on US tyres.
    So Ferrari should capitalize in such ocassion.

First 6 are all in a second. So no need to panic. We will have a hard three-way fight but at least we know we can do it. Let's wait for qualy though.

Wasn't at the track today. Tired of night driving and long wait at the border crossing. Had to rest a little bit. S
    I saw times. But how are we really compared to rest?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Wasn't at the track today. Tired of night driving and long wait at the border crossing. Had to rest a little bit. S
    Will u be at the track on sunday???
    Regarding fp1 & fp1. It's hard to compare where we are but it's looking close between top3.
    Fp3 gives some indication of quali.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Will u be at the track on sunday???
    Regarding fp1 & fp1. It's hard to compare where we are but it's looking close between top3.
    Fp3 gives some indication of quali.
    Offcourse I will. That is what I am comming here for last 23 years. I am not going on Friday because of night trip. I go on Saturday and Sunday. This year I'll pass Saturday too, becauze I came this year for the first time with my two daughters (7 and 9). Offcourse Ferrari supporters. Tomorrow I plan to show them Budapest, and than on Sunday-race day!

Offcourse I will. That is what I am comming here for last 23 years. I am not going on Friday because of night trip. I go on Saturday and Sunday. This year I'll pass Saturday too, becauze I came this year for the first time with my two daughters (7 and 9). Offcourse Ferrari supporters. Tomorrow I plan to show them Budapest, and than on Sunday-race day!
    Have a good weekend with ur family.
    May be more smiles before leaving the track on sunday by having both Ferrari drivers on podium

Hotter the temperatures, tyres & car will come live for Ferrari. That's what I'm thinking.
    It makes not only interesting quali but also Sunday race, as similar temp are expected.

Good Friday for us, I expect RB to be close to the front this weekend but as long as we can beat the Mercs...
    Forza Ferrari

Do post a pic from track on race day if u don't mind.... Excited and happy for u..!!!! Have a good time...
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Good Friday for us, I expect RB to be close to the front this weekend but as long as we can beat the Mercs...
    yeah, i'm with ya....so long as we beat teh Mercs come sunday, don't matter waht happens or who finishes 3rd, 4th....etc....ha, ha...

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yeah, i'm with ya....so long as we beat teh Mercs come sunday, don't matter waht happens or who finishes 3rd, 4th....etc....ha, ha...
    As long as we have 1-2 it does not matter how is 3rd,4th...ect

enjoy

Leclerc is a beast

Leclerc is a beast
    Those pole margins were stunning.

Leclerc is a beast
    It will be interesting to see how he recovers from the back of the grid

“UP TO US TO GO FAST”
    Hungarian Grand Prix - “Up to us to go fast”

Seb and Kimi wrap up first day: “We seem to all be very close”

Mogyorod, July 28 – At the end of the first day of practice for the Hungarian Grand Prix,, Scuderia Ferrari drivers take stock of a day which saw steady improvement in the performance of the updated SF70Hs. “This morning I wasn’t that happy”, Seb Vettel says “but in the afternoon I started getting the rhythm. So, I think we were not that bad, but it’s difficult to read the session. Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull are very close to each other. It should be good fun tomorrow. We need to find the best settings for tomorrow and work a little bit more on the tires and on the driving. Then it should be better. I had a bit of damage on the car, after running over a kerb, so that we had to go back to the garage, but in the end it was fine. We saw some cars going off track today, especially at the exits to Turns 4 and 11, which are quite tough. I was a bit too aggressive this morning. But everything seems to work, so we should be in a better place tomorrow. Two years ago here the race was not bad – we won – and we had some other good races here. However, you always hope that the best race is yet to come. We have another chance on Sunday and we are looking forward to it”. Team-mate Kimi Raikkonen’s day was the complete opposite, as he was faster in the first session: “It was a normal day’s work. We started pretty well in the morning, while the afternoon was a bit more tricky and less straightforward. When I stopped on the track it was because I had lost the throttle control for a minute, but then it recovered and I could continue. It was not a major thing, sometimes such issues can happen. The conditions were not the easiest and for sure, due to the red flags, we did not get as much running as we would have liked. Nevertheless it was not too bad. Today the lap times were very close, but you can expect that on this kind of track and many things can change from tomorrow on. We have to do our best and hopefully that’s enough to push us to the front; then it will be up to us to drive as fast as we can”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    It will be interesting to see how he recovers from the back of the grid
    Here you go