• Yes

5 14.29%
  • No

24 68.57%
  • Think in time will grow on me.

6 17.14%

Thread: HALO? No HALO?

HALO? No HALO?

Ok, i dont wan this to turn into "oh it could of saved such and such" "yes but that crane shouldnt been there, Charlies fault blah blah blah"

Just like to know, how thinks yes its good or no its not good.

For me, its terrible. Doesnt look, the whole look of the HALO, i cannt see appealing to younger, new fans.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I vote No Halo

No is going to win by a landslide. It's not even a debate, really.

Who knows how could Seb, Alonso, Lewis and a couple of other drivers praise the hideous Halo device.
    KMAG said it best!

Need halo, as it will add some weight to car.
    Mercedes car already have weight problem, if this is added it might lead to some problems.
    In that sense I vote for halo.

NO on the toilet seat looking thing....if they get rid it, that's what I would use it for....a toilet seat.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Need halo, as it will add some weight to car.
    Mercedes car already have weight problem, if this is added it might lead to some problems.
    In that sense I vote for halo.

Fine with me. For me, aesthetic doesn't carry much weight when it comes to safety.

Besides, I think there are bigger topics on the horizon that will have true impact on the overall F1 experience.
    Such as the engine formula going beyond 2021. With major European car maker moving towards Formula E, I am wondering what it will takes to attract more engine maker to F1.
    Or even stop existing one from shifting to Formula E, as some European nation are taking first step towards an all electric future.

Halo will pale in comparison if we were to hear what some of the ideas are on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    NO on the toilet seat looking thing....if they get rid it, that's what I would use it for....a toilet seat.
    Couldn't agree more

FerrariSteve Guest
    No and I will not watch next year if this truly goes again. (call it the straw that broke the camels back)

Big fat bold NO

No F1 is a open cockpit sport and looks horrible

Get them on the cars & time will tell. I'm not talking about aesthetics, just pure function. If it is safer keep it, if it causes unexpected problems, like vision on tracks w/big elevation changes, get rid of it.
    Honestly, cars looks have changed so much since I started watching, this won't bother me one bit especially once they've been fully integrated into the chassis design. I think the teams have the freedom to "dress them up" with vanity panels of some sort.
    Nothing can be as bad as the ugly... ahhhh.... noses, if that didn't put you off F1, why would a halo?
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Get them on the cars & time will tell. I'm not talking about aesthetics, just pure function. If it is safer keep it, if it causes unexpected problems, like vision on tracks w/big elevation changes, get rid of it.
    Honestly, cars looks have changed so much since I started watching, this won't bother me one bit especially once they've been fully integrated into the chassis design. I think the teams have the freedom to "dress them up" with vanity panels of some sort.
    Nothing can be as bad as the ugly... ahhhh.... noses, if that didn't put you off F1, why would a halo?
    What safety? Driver's getting hit by a tire in the head? When did you saw that happen in F1?

No halo. Sanitising F1 way too much.

I was at a F1 race weekend where a driver was killed on track, did not make for a fun weekend for anyone involved.

Maybe I'm biased because of that experience, but if there is a possibility to prevent serious injury count me in, I'll deal with the ugliness of a car any day & am sure I'll be over it in a race or two.

Can only speak for myself, if it puts people off so much they don't watch, that's not great. But this has been on the cards since 2010 or 2011, put it on & see if it works or if there are major drawbacks, as well, then go from there.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    I was at a F1 race weekend where a driver was killed on track, did not make for a fun weekend for anyone involved.
    Of course, F1 had many deadly accidents. However, nothing the Halo could do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Of course, F1 had many deadly accidents. However, nothing the Halo could do about it.
    All I mean is that is why I am for safety measures, even at expense of looks of the car, nothing more, no 'halo would have saved driver x'.
    Forza Ferrari !

I think the halo is preventative rather than reaction to something, we have seen some close things. Tyre nearly hitting Alonso at Silverstone, Grosjean and Kimi coming close to taking his head off as well, I guess the FIA are not going to wait until someone dies before doing something...I don't like it but like most things after a few races you just accept it. It might have saved Felipe from injury as well...
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I think the halo is preventative rather than reaction to something, we have seen some close things. Tyre nearly hitting Alonso at Silverstone, Grosjean and Kimi coming close to taking his head off as well, I guess the FIA are not going to wait until someone dies before doing something...I don't like it but like most things after a few races you just accept it. It might have saved Felipe from injury as well...
    You think the Halo could stop a car from taking someone's head off? The Halo is that strong? The only thing the Halo can save is someone being hit by a tire. However, the feathers are so strong nowadays that tires don't fly off like they used to.

You think the Halo could stop a car from taking someone's head off? The Halo is that strong? The only thing the Halo can save is someone being hit by a tire. However, the feathers are so strong nowadays that tires don't fly off like they used to.
    Seems it can take a tyre at 150mph so why would it not deflect a car coming into the cockpit? Maybe you have better data than the FIA though?
    Forza Ferrari

Seems it can take a tyre at 150mph so why would it not deflect a car coming into the cockpit? Maybe you have better data than the FIA though?
    The tests were done with a 25kg tyre at 225kph. No tests were done with a 740kg object. The difference here is sheer mass and that mass does not have to be traveling at

225kph to break that halo.

The tests were done with a 25kg tyre at 225kph. No tests were done with a 740kg object. The difference here is sheer mass and that mass does not have to be traveling at

So it would not deflect? course it would....
    Forza Ferrari

Indeed. Simple physics, really.

Indeed. Simple physics, really.
    Can you post your physics?
    Forza Ferrari

Yup. We'll get used to it.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus