Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Hungarian Formula 1 Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by LivingHitokiri View Post
    No they werent, Greg you're not talking to some casual fans to sell out such fairytale.
    Botas times with new tires were SLOWER than Kimi on that LAP, Kimi was going for Faster LAP.
    Also considering that Botas was 7.4 seconds behind as well he would never come close.
    So why was Merc so much closer after our stops? because they went slower?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by barzini77 View Post
    Because Lewis Hamilton is a classy driver and doesn't want to win the title by using team orders.
    That was exactly what he was trying to do right till the end.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Lewis was faster than Bottas clearly.
    Clearly not, if he was then he could pass Bottas without having the team ask Bottas to let him pass and have 5 laps to pass us, then another 5 laps and so on... lol
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Clearly not, if he was then he could pass Bottas without having the team ask Bottas to let him pass and have 5 laps to pass us, then another 5 laps and so on... lol
    Not sure what passing us has to do with it, he pulled out 7 seconds on Bottas, but yeah wasn't faster in your mind....LOL
    Forza Ferrari

They didnt? they started closing instantly after he came out because Kimi was stuck right behind seb and was losing time. The next laps Mercs were going 1 sec faster lap.Check Kimis PIT lap, he had purples on Both sectors, he was faster than both Bottas and Hamilton.

That race stressed me out until the chequered flag, with the tires last time i was wondering if the steering would last!! Well done Ferrari and well done Kimi for not having a ego bigger than the team

They didnt? they started closing instantly after he came out because Kimi was stuck right behind seb and was losing time. The next laps Mercs were going 1 sec faster lap.Check Kimis PIT lap, he had purples on Both sectors, he was faster than both Bottas and Hamilton.
    So they were not going faster but closed the gap on us.....amazing.
    Forza Ferrari

Kimi was never instructed to not attempt to pass. He asked to be let by. The team said wait and see. If he had that pace, why didn't he used it? Pit stop windows was straight forward: track position is king. Seb with issues hold position.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Because we stand a better chance of winning the WDC or overall WDC is more important?
    WDC has always been more important in F1.
    Fans may have different opinion, but teams are often geared towards WDC.

This is why ever since the sport tries to control cost by enforcing reliability, we have rules that punish the drivers for team/engineering issues.
    It's not fair to the drivers, but unfortunately it was the only way such enforcement will work. Because otherwise, teams will gladly take WCC penalty to boost their WDC chance.

Chester

Kimi was stuck behind Seb not being allowed to overtake. Simple as that. However, Ferrari calculated that because of the nature of this track they won't be able to overtake that easily so they didn't allow Kimi to pass. If this was a different circuit with more overtaking possibilities Kimi would've been allowed to pass.

They didnt close the gap before Kimi pit, they started to close as soon Kimi came out the pits, because he was stuck right behind SEb.....

Like ive said,he had both sectors purple while Bottas and Hamilton already were out doing times.The times are there Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by kinkas View Post
    Kimi was never instructed to not attempt to pass. He asked to be let by. The team said wait and see. If he had that pace, why didn't he used it? Pit stop windows was straight forward: track position is king. Seb with issues hold position.
    Do you read what people write?
    Kimi wanted to stay out longer as Kimi was flying as soon he got clear air, 1 more lap and Kimi would've been ahead, he even asked why the team pit him so early.

Kimi was stuck behind Seb not being allowed to overtake. Simple as that. However, Ferrari calculated that because of the nature of this track they won't be able to overtake that easily so they didn't allow Kimi to pass. If this was a different circuit with more overtaking possibilities Kimi would've been allowed to pass.
    Kimi was told not to overtake? must have missed that...
    Forza Ferrari

Seb with issues hold position.
    Yes, and that just tells me how strong we are,

Anyways see you all after summer break, 4 weeks, yeah, I know, it is a long wait, anyways, have fun

Because Seb was slower than everyone, holding everyone else back eventually?
    Kimi was faster than Seb but (and rightfully, mind you), decided to keep Kimi behind Seb in order to defend an 1/2 finish.
    Point is that if the two cars were left to race freely, kimi could go past Seb, however my opinion is that should that be the case then Ham would pass Seb because Seb had that problem.

Do you read what people write?
    Kimi wanted to stay out longer as Kimi was flying as soon he got clear air, 1 more lap and Kimi would've been ahead, he even asked why the team pit him so early.
    Yes. Hence the pit stop window comment. Don't gamble and grab track position.

Not sure what passing us has to do with it, he pulled out 7 seconds on Bottas, but yeah wasn't faster in your mind....LOL
    Bottas was not pushing after being asked to move for Hamilton.
    But yes, I am sure you were watching the same race LOL

Bottas was not pushing after being asked to move for Hamilton.
    But yes, I am sure you were watching the same race LOL
    Not what Bottas said after the race, but I guess you know more than him....
    Forza Ferrari

Yes. Hence the pit stop window comment. Don't gamble and grab track position.
    Dude , what gamble, he was the fastest guy on the race....
    VErstappen did 44 laps on them FYI.

Kimi was told not to overtake? must have missed that...
    Kimi said over the radio that he was being held up by Seb and thus being put under huge threat from Merc. He subtly asked the team to let him through. However, given the nature of the track and wanting to increase Seb's WDC lead, they didn't allow him to pass. Which is understandable. Nevertheless, Kimi was the fastest guy here, no?

Not what Bottas said after the race, but I guess you know more than him....
    Yea, I am sure the world expected him to say something different.
    LOLMAO

Kimi said over the radio that he was being held up by Seb and thus being put under huge threat from Merc. He subtly asked the team to let him through. However, given the nature of the track and wanting to increase Seb's WDC lead, they didn't allowed him to pass. Which is understandable. Nevertheless, Kimi was the faster guy here, no?
    So he wasn't told not to pass, more like he couldn't pass.....
    Forza Ferrari

Kimi said over the radio that he was being held up by Seb and thus being put under huge threat from Merc. He subtly asked the team to let him through. However, given the nature of the track and wanting to increase Seb's WDC lead, they didn't allowed him to pass. Which is understandable. Nevertheless, Kimi was the faster guy here, no?
    Exactly. Some times one has to actually watch the race. But hey. If the driver did not actually say something in the interview heh?

So he wasn't told not to pass, more like he couldn't pass.....
    No, he was told not to pass and was complaining about this, in a subtle way.

Yea, I am sure the world expected him to say something different.
    LOLMAO
    So you decide he was not pushing and that makes it right hahaha typical of you though, forget it Lewis was not quicker he did not pull out 7 seconds....nope
    Forza Ferrari

This is extremely ignorant to say.

You clearly didnt saw Kimi on pace for faster lap as soon SEB went to pits and Kimi had free air, Kimi himself asked why they brought him in when he could stay out more.
    Heck VERSTAPPEN for 44 laps going insane pace clearly proves it.

Kimi was faster today either you like it or not and instead fo bashing him like you and some others do in here all the time and want him replaced maybe you should be grateful that he is a great team mate willing to help.

are you high or something??when did i bash kimi?? i was just stating the fact that people saying kimi deserved to win didnt make any sense... vettel clearly pulled away from kimi in the starting laps..or were you snoozing?? vet could have gone faster if he didnt have any issues....

No, he was told not to pass and was complaining about this, in a subtle way.
    What lap was he told not to pass? Don't make things up as usual.
    Forza Ferrari

And the gap was 10-13 sec!!

Dude, did you ever heard: push push, you are pitting this lap? The 44 laps from Verstappen is hindsight. There is no such thing in realtime decision.