Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Hungarian Formula 1 Grand Prix - Race

That was a stressful race. But we came on top at the end. So all good. I hope we concentrate more on the soft tyre during the test. Looks like that's where we are lacking a bit of pace compared to the mercs.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    And the gap was 10-13 sec!!
    Yeah and it wasn't after we pitted.....doh
    Forza Ferrari

Kimi asked if he was allowed to take over Seb and got no answer from the pit (negative confirmation). Understanding that the team is bigger than the driver, plus there is risk involved in overtaking on such type of circuit, plus the big boss was watching and everyone at Ferrari wanted to ensure 1-2 going smoothly and incident free, then everything happened as planned.
    Kimi did not dare to overtake to preserve that plan even if he knew he had the chance, and Ferrari gambled (or confident) that, even when Seb was in cruising mode, both cars had the pace to bail out, in case of emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Kimi was told not to overtake? must have missed that...
    If it had been any other car with the problems Seb had in front of him, Kimi would not have been so patient behind them. No message was heard saying don't overtake, but his remarks on the radio and after the race show he was being a team player on this race. HEY, LETS ENJOY THE 1 - 2 WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Kimi said over the radio that he was being held up by Seb and thus being put under huge threat from Merc. He subtly asked the team to let him through. However, given the nature of the track and wanting to increase Seb's WDC lead, they didn't allow him to pass. Which is understandable. Nevertheless, Kimi was the fastest guy here, no?
    The team never came on radio saying "no you not allowed pass". Kimi was quick until he got close, same as Lewis. Gaps got closed, then had to back off. Seb, had the issue. Im sure if he hadnt, there would been a bigger gap between him and Kimi. Kimi said, he can get close, got the pace, but doesnt want come under pressure.

Oh, on SKY, Kimi just said i never said let me pass.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Just listen to Kimi. Mistake was done yesterday.

Hahaha we got a 1-2 and now there's another scandal. Shut up plz

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The team never came on radio saying "no you not allowed pass". Kimi was quick until he got close, same as Lewis. Gaps got closed, then had to back off. Seb, had the issue. Im sure if he hadnt, there would been a bigger gap between him and Kimi. Kimi said, he can get close, got the pace, but doesnt want come under pressure.

Oh, on SKY, Kimi just said i never said let me pass.
    Well they didn't specifically say "you're not allowed to pass." However, they said that Seb is having issues, hold on or something like that i'm paraphrasing. He clearly wanted the team to let him pass so both of them would not be overtaken by Merc.

Seb had issues, yeah. I'm not saying who was the better driver but who was faster. And Kimi was the fastest.

So he wasn't told not to pass, more like he couldn't pass.....
    He couldn't pass?! Well at least he could've tried. He was constantly complaining that he was being help up by Seb. However, Kimi is a team player and of course he won't risk overtaking Seb in Hungary putting 1-2 in jeopardy.

yes. let's enjoy 1-2 Ferrari. That's the most important thing

What lap was he told not to pass? Don't make things up as usual.
    Not making things up. Your question has been already answered btw. Deductive logic is what you're looking for here.

Clearly you're lacking :)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

When is the Hungaroring test? These 2 days would be the only time we could do some development of the PU before spa. No work allowed during summer break, eh?

I just saw his interview. His main concern was that he wouldn't be compromised in his position later on. Move on guys. We have a 1-2 and people are mad?? Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by kinkas View Post
    I just saw his interview. His main concern was that he wouldn't be compromised in his position later on. Move on guys. We have a 1-2 and people are mad?? Unreal.
    We are not "mad" but deep down we know we will be outperformed the next 2 races. Unless some serious development is already in the pipeline to be tested during the forthcoming tests.

The alternative 2-1 wouldn't change that "possibility " of us being outperformed in the next 2 races. Yes Merc has the power advantage, but I believe our approach must be to maximise our resources. One more engine update will mean penalties (Vettel already on his 4th TC)

hopefully we get some serious upgrades for the line of merc tracks coming up , so we can have another podium like this

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Not making things up. Your question has been already answered btw. Deductive logic is what you're looking for here.

Clearly you're lacking :)
    So he was not told he wasn't allowed to pass. Let's not let the facts get in the way of your make believe fantasy....
    Forza Ferrari

A great team effort by Ferrari. That should be all that counts.

A great PR victory for Mecs and rightfully so. Those 2 points could be precious for the HAM at the end of season, but they have another championship contender with BOT as well.

I love how the FIA are so quick to penalize Verstappen when Hamilton is behind him...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

LOL K Mag said to hulkenberg "suck my *****"

LOL I love him already!

Hopefully Ferrari has big upgrade in the pipeline and ready to test next week..Next 2 races will be very tough..
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    We are not "mad" but deep down we know we will be outperformed the next 2 races. Unless some serious development is already in the pipeline to be tested during the forthcoming tests.
    Who died and made you the oracle. Honestly get over yourself. You don't know anything.

With the exception of silverstone, Ferrari has been close or ahead at EVERY race. What gives you such confidence that we will be outperformed?

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    Hopefully Ferrari has big upgrade in the pipeline and ready to test next week..Next 2 races will be very tough..
    Why would spa be tough for us ? I heard on sky horner saying spa would be a decent track for them. Shouldnt it be much better for us then ?

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Who died and made you the oracle. Honestly get over yourself. You don't know anything.

With the exception of silverstone, Ferrari has been close or ahead at EVERY race. What gives you such confidence that we will be outperformed?
    This

Why can't some people enjoy the moment?

Hear hear

Kimi could have passed Seb but didn't want to take the risk. He asked the team to be let by, they said no, he held station and didn't push it.

There is always a risk when overtaking on any track and there is no need for that risk between team mates.

Kimi played the good team mate and ensured the best result for the team.

1. If Kimi was allowed to pass vet, then vet would have been under threat from both mercs cars. Where the might push him too deep, in such case vet car would have further problems.
    2. Ferrari team reacted correctly, by not letting Kimi pass vet. By doing so, two benefits one is Kimi can protect vet from mercs n other vet championship lead.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    1. If Kimi was allowed to pass vet, then vet would have been under threat from both mercs cars. Where the might push him too deep, in such case vet car would have further problems.
    2. Ferrari team reacted correctly, by not letting Kimi pass vet. By doing so, two benefits one is Kimi can protect vet from mercs n other vet championship lead.
    Yeah made no sense for Ferrari to swap them at that point. Would have risked the 1 - 2 by potentially leaving Seb vulnerable to the Mercs. It might have been an extra seven points for Kimi but we would have lost the lead of the WDC and slipped back even further in the WCC if the Mercs jumped Seb.

Totally the right thing what they did, inflict maximum damage on the Mercs with Kimi totally understanding of the situation.

Just got back from the track. What to say... Speachless... This was first race for my daughters and it is 1-2. Just great. Let's celebrate it.