Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 41516171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Hungarian Formula 1 Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I love how the FIA are so quick to penalize Verstappen when Hamilton is behind him...
    That was quick....

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Just got back from the track. What to say... Speachless... This was first race for my daughters and it is 1-2. Just great. Let's celebrate it.
    Must of been an amazing experience totally not jealous

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Just got back from the track. What to say... Speachless... This was first race for my daughters and it is 1-2. Just great. Let's celebrate it.
    Awesome stuff. The atmosphere must've been great.

Red Bull got penalised twice today.

1- one of their drivers taking the other out

2 - 10 sec penalty allowing hamilton to gain a position even though the incident was Red bull on Red Bull. Also took the sole remaining RB out of the fight for the race win

Also why did Ocon not get a penalty when taking out Perez in Baku?
    Last edited by mizf1; 30th July 2017 at 16:52.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Red Bull got penalised twice today.

1- one of their drivers taking the other out

2 - 10 sec penalty allowing hamilton to gain a position even though the incident was Red bull on Red Bull. Also took the sole remaining RB out of the fight for the race win

Also why did Ocon not get a penalty when taking out Perez in Baku?

It's very simple, because on this occasion ' today's race ' handing verstappen a penalty helps hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    It's very simple, because on this occasion ' today's race ' handing verstappen a penalty helps hamilton.
    Was todays steward a British Derek Warwick?

Enjoy the moment guys, it's not very often we chance to celebrate a 1-2, we couldn't have asked for more from Seb and Kimi and the fact that they didn't swap them was a brave decision which thankfully worked. Fantastic result and stefa, you must me ecstatic!!

This needs to be posted here...
    Niki tilting his head in disgust, epic LOL

P.S. Wonder what would happen if they removed all the furniture around Toto during the race weekends... :D
    Last edited by Rob; 30th July 2017 at 19:58.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudiuCojo View Post
    This needs to be posted here...
    Niki tilting his head in disgust is, epic LOL

https://i.redd.it/ms6vu6flvqcz.gif

P.S. Wonder what would happen if they removed all the furniture around Toto during the race weekends... :D
    Was this during quali or the race
    Last edited by Rob; 30th July 2017 at 19:58.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Enjoy the moment guys, it's not very often we chance to celebrate a 1-2, we couldn't have asked for more from Seb and Kimi and the fact that they didn't swap them was a brave decision which thankfully worked. Fantastic result and stefa, you must me ecstatic!!
    Thank you. I am really over the Moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Must of been an amazing experience totally not jealous
    Yes it is. This is great. Always great after Ferrari win. Expecially when you are on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Probably helped us as well looking at his pace.....but he can't keep hitting other cars no matter who it helps, next time that might be Seb or Kimi out the race.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Probably helped us as well looking at his pace.....but he can't keep hitting other cars no matter who it helps, next time that might be Seb or Kimi out the race.
    I have no issue with Verstappen getting a penalty.

The issue I have is Bottas did worse, twice, took out 3 rival cars in 2 incidents and nothing. This is the part that is unacceptable.

no jump start, 200ms reaction time if your believe that :)
    "Affected but not impeded"

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    I have no issue with Verstappen getting a penalty.

The issue I have is Bottas did worse, twice, took out 3 rival cars in 2 incidents and nothing. This is the part that is unacceptable.

no jump start, 200ms reaction time if your believe that :)
    "Affected but not impeded"
    Absolutely agree with you
    1) bottas taking out Kimi twice
    2) Hamilton blocking Romain Gros
    3) bottas jump start
    4) ocon taking out Perez

There were other incidents too, which I don't remember particularly.

Hulk should have got penalty today against Romain Gros.
    But instead kmag got penalty for pushing hulk off track.
    Absolutely ridiculous decissions. Steward decisions becoming joke this year.
    They say they want absolute racing n penalize only non mercs drivers

Race, right at the end when they swapped Hamilton with Bottas.
    Obviously Niki and Toto where not on the same side of the fence regarding the swap.

Seb must read this forum and some posts by the usual suspects....

More generally, I don’t like the short term view that some people have, that after a good race everything is great and you are the hero, but after a bad race it is a disaster. It is not fair because people work hard spending a lot of time, working all together on the car.
    Forza Ferrari

During the race. Toto was happy at the end, when Lewis let Valtteri pass as promised. Solid team effort and spirit.

First of all I want to congratulate
    1) Ferrari crew n Antonio, who worked hard late night to set up the car for quali.
    2) Kimi & seb who locked out front row
    3) Kimi & seb again. While Kimi acting as rear gunner for vet. Vet too driving carefully even car has handling issues.

All in all a good weekend after Monaco GP. Happy for Ferrari win n team work

I personally feel at some point if we have healthy championship lead in WDC. When similar scenario arises, where vet is ahead Kimi being 2nd. Vet needs to payback the favour Kimi has done to him. Let Kimi win, that's the respect n gratitude he can give to Kimi.

Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU72heP0uH0

"******* sore loser" has to be the quote of the race

Loved that finish so much. There's little looks as great as two red cars crossing the line 1st and second. Amazing job all !!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have just watched an interview where Seb said he belive we have the best car....... So knowing him this makes me very optimistic about the rest of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    During the race. Toto was happy at the end, when Lewis let Valtteri pass as promised. Solid team effort and spirit.
    lol, he's so happy like they won the race. No wonder Niki looks at him confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    lol, he's so happy like they won the race. No wonder Niki looks at him confused.
    I think confused might be a very nice way to put it LOL
    To me it looked more like... U Wot M8 ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    next race is spa hes going to be even more aggressive and will probably get away with it because he stewards are to scared to penalise him at his home race just like last year

Maurizio Arrivabene: ” A great race and a result obtained in far from easy circumstances. Once again it demonstrated the strength of character at Ferrari. Congratulations to the guys here and back in Maranello, working together in what is the mark of a great team. Seb drove a magnificent race, managing to keep the lead despite the problem with the steering wheel. He was helped by a great performance from Kimi who demonstrated, not only that he is a champion, but also that he is a true team-player. Next week, here in Hungary, prior to the FIA mandatory shutdown, we continue our development work, in preparation for the Grands Prix in Spa and Monza.”

Sebastian Vettel: “Everybody inside the team can be very happy and proud of what we have done today! Afterwards, I said to Kimi that I was sorry, because I was slow and struggling during the race. For Kimi it was not good to be there in the middle of a sandwich. It was a tough race that, in the end, kept a good shape. I developed a problem with the steering wheel and I don’t know why yet. We need to avoid it happening again of course, but during the race I didn’t have an option. It’s not like parking the car, check if everything’s all right and then fix the problem. It was quite annoying because it was a strange feeling. But then, at some point, I forgot about it and just tried to get used to it, which was tricky because it just kept changing and getting worse. However, in the end the pace was still there. More generally, I don’t like the short term view that some people have, that after a good race everything is great and you are the hero, but after a bad race it is a disaster. It is not fair because people work hard spending a lot of time, working all together on the car. In my opinion, we have the best car and downforce which, hasn’t been the case for many years. In the end we can make a difference and we have done that so far. We have our testing days here next week and we have a lot of work to do. After that there will be the Belgian GP. Our car has been good there and I think we have some improvements, so it should be fine.”

Kimi Raikkonen: “Today my car was amazing, the handling was perfect and I was always feeling comfortable; even following Seb from very close behind, the behaviour was fantastic. I had no worries that Mercedes could get me. I had a pretty good start and a good run in the first corner; then I took it quite easy. In places like this it’s tricky to try and overtake and I did not want to force things too much with my team mate. When you end up between two cars is not the easiest situation. When they called me for the pit stop I wanted to stay on track a bit longer because I felt I had the speed, but the team has the big picture and I trust them. I ended up following Seb through the whole race and I was never able to use my full speed. Today I knew I had all the tools to finish in a better position, but I should have done a better qualifying. I’m happy for the result that we achieved as a team and this is the main thing. I’m here to win races, but If you take the big picture it was a great weekend, we got the maximum out of it.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

It's so great to be here "Without ! " the Merc is unbeatable, 2018 we have a chance, we need a new young driver quotes!! The cars are back , Ferrari's back, the drivers were always here!

Hamilton showed class today by letting Bottas go through to 3rd in the end. Not his fan, i dont see him as a good role model for young fans, but he impressed me today

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Hamilton showed class today by letting Bottas go through to 3rd in the end. Not his fan, i dont see him as a good role model for young fans, but he impressed me today
    if Lewis loses the championship by 2 points merc will look very stupid

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    But Bottas let him pass few laps before. Lewis was under team orders. To do it on last lap, last corener is alomst him saying "look everyone, im a team player, i follow orders, im the best team mate, im not self centred" Now its SKY F1s PR dream, Ferrari wouldnt let Kimi through, Ferarri bad, Merc played team orders, and they the best for it blah blah blah