Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 516171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Hungarian Formula 1 Grand Prix - Race

Nice one / two. So happy for the team. However i feel sorry for Kimi. He was clearly the fastest man on track. In my opinion they should have let him win. Like they should have let him win in Moncao and don't "deliberately??" screw up the strategy. We can learn alot from Mercedes. Fair play what Merc and Lewis did today.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza F1 View Post
    Nice one / two. So happy for the team. However i feel sorry for Kimi. He was clearly the fastest man on track. In my opinion they should have let him win. Like they should have let him win in Moncao and don't "deliberately??" screw up the strategy. We can learn alot from Mercedes. Fair play what Merc and Lewis did today.

I don't recall where they prevented him from winning. Funny how whenever Kimi does not win his strategy was supposedly "deliberately screwed up". We can learn a lot from Mercedes? The team which - unlike us - has employed team orders repeatedly from the first race of the season? Perhaps you meant that we should have explicitly ordered Kimi to finish behind Seb, as Merc have ordered VB to finish behind LH.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    But Bottas let him pass few laps before. Lewis was under team orders. To do it on last lap, last corener is alomst him saying "look everyone, im a team player, i follow orders, im the best team mate, im not self centred" Now its SKY F1s PR dream, Ferrari wouldnt let Kimi through, Ferarri bad, Merc played team orders, and they the best for it blah blah blah
    He did let him pass, if it was Seb and Kimi dont know if that would have happened. I remember a strat 2-1 with Webber that might come in handy to answer such a question. We all like Seb, and i am thankfull we have him in our team, but we need to see things clearly, unlike Sky

Ferrari should have let Vettel through in China was it when he was quicker....but they never so today is much the same.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Forza F1 View Post
    Hamilton would be leading the championship right now if seb didnt win in hungary and monaco

I doubt Merc were that kind with Bottas. They have an agenda which is to do some pretty good PR. I think now they are going to implement very strong team orders.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Hamilton showed class today by letting Bottas go through to 3rd in the end. Not his fan, i dont see him as a good role model for young fans, but he impressed me today
    I don't get this train of thought that seems to be prevailent these days. Like doing the obviously decent thing is considered to be some kind of extraordinary mark of character. Wouldn't Hamilton giving back the place that he was given in the first place be considered the normal thing to do? I don't know, maybe i'm getting a little old. Anyway great result today, happy and looking forward to the second half of the season.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Let's do this again in Spa. I like how this new Ferrari team just keeps its head down, keeps working, is not vocal, and let's their performance on track do the talking.

Btw I really hate Hamilton and Wolff. Two of the biggest drama queens.

People saying nobody prevented Kimi to attack Seb are either trolling or dont know anything about F1. Kimi was fastest here and there was not even one attempt to attack Seb. We all agree Seb is the better driver, but from time to time Kimi is faster, with problems for Seb or not. If it was a different car ahead Kimi would have attacked and probably passed.

People saying nobody prevented Kimi to attack Seb are either trolling or dont know anything about F1. Kimi was fastest here and there was not even one attempt to attack Seb. We all agree Seb is the better driver, but from time to time Kimi is faster, with problems for Seb or not. If it was a different car ahead Kimi would have attacked and probably passed.
    He could not attack as he could not get close enough to do anything. He would have needed Seb to move over just like Lewis needed Bottas to move....if it was a different car he probably would not have passed either such is the track. There really was no need to tell Seb to move as there was no real danger of anyone passing either car..I am sure if Kimi was 100 points ahead of Seb in the title they would have moved him....
    Forza Ferrari

Neither did Hamilton manage to have a single decent attempt to pass Kimi. He was 0.8 sec behind with 15 laps to go.

Incidentally I am watching the GP again and paused the video. On my screen: Lap 59/70, after turn one, Vet (P1), Kimi +1.307, Hamilton 0.523. I don't recall a single overtake attempt by Hamilton.

Barring the guy in front letting though (i.e. Bottas/Lewis) or a mistake from the guy in front. It was not going to happen...

Great result for the team going into the Summer break, let's hope we will be ready for Spa and Monza! A gentlemanly race from all the guys up front today, including Ricciardo although the same
    cannot be said for his dingbat teammate.

Shut up

Kimi was free to overtake Seb the problem with hungary is as soon as you get within a second of the car ahead theres a barrier of dirty air stopping you from getting closer hamilton didnt attack kimi once because of it

When Seb himself says people are too shortsighted - I hope people take notice. Even in his dominant days at redbull he had some terrible races, poor reliability, accidents, etc. 4 world championships later you forget about that.

Seb+Ferrari is the best combo on the grid at the moment. Look at the differential between him and Kimi compared to, for example, Hamilton and Bottas. He is miles ahead. Has been outqualified once. Hasn't been outraced yet.

I realise for the last almost 10 years Ferrari has been lacklustre at in season development but haven't you noticed yet that this year is different? It's the first time in a DECADE we've made a multi-race winning car. We're at the halfway point now and without Seb's steering issue we would have dominated Hungary. We STILL brought home a 1-2. Now people want to look into their crystal ball and write Ferrari off for things that haven't even happened yet.... wake up to yourselves.

kimi on interview... " i dont think i said let me pass " lol this interviewer trying to stir things up ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I love how the FIA are so quick to penalize Verstappen when Hamilton is behind him...
    DANG STRAIGHT.

This was no different to Bottas (on Kimi) in Baku.

Anyway. Absolutely thrilled with the result and what it could mean for the rest of the season.
    Last edited by killer; 31st July 2017 at 01:50.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    When Seb himself says people are too shortsighted - I hope people take notice. Even in his dominant days at redbull he had some terrible races, poor reliability, accidents, etc. 4 world championships later you forget about that.

Seb+Ferrari is the best combo on the grid at the moment. Look at the differential between him and Kimi compared to, for example, Hamilton and Bottas. He is miles ahead. Has been outqualified once. Hasn't been outraced yet.

I realise for the last almost 10 years Ferrari has been lacklustre at in season development but haven't you noticed yet that this year is different? It's the first time in a DECADE we've made a multi-race winning car. We're at the halfway point now and without Seb's steering issue we would have dominated Hungary. We STILL brought home a 1-2. Now people want to look into their crystal ball and write Ferrari off for things that haven't even happened yet.... wake up to yourselves.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Wellwritten JPBD.

Also when you read Sebs comments in the Ferrari pressrelease he seems happy going forward to SPA.
    We've been good there plus we have some improvements. We should be fine :)

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    Neither did Hamilton manage to have a single decent attempt to pass Kimi. He was 0.8 sec behind with 15 laps to go.

Incidentally I am watching the GP again and paused the video. On my screen: Lap 59/70, after turn one, Vet (P1), Kimi +1.307, Hamilton 0.523. I don't recall a single overtake attempt by Hamilton.

Barring the guy in front letting though (i.e. Bottas/Lewis) or a mistake from the guy in front. It was not going to happen...
    Ferrari was the fastest car here. Kimi had no issues with the car hence, he could manage the difference to Lewis. Not sure that Seb could have defended against Lewis with his steering issues, obviously he was holding everybody back. So I dont think he could have hold Lewis back, Kimi even more as he was faster than Lewis. Its an opinion

Was a fairly decent race in terms of entertainment, but seeing from the way Kimi was, if SV didnt have an issue, both our cars would have been way clear of the mercs.
    Have we finally jumped them in the development war? We are clearly the faster car right now.
    Am getting to be a big Max V fan, but today was not one of those days that he can be proud of. That shunt into DR was stupid and brash. He deserved the penalty.
    Having said that, notice how close he came to taking Bottas even with that penalty.

Special mention- I am no fan of LH, but what he did in todays race was just amazing. Respect!!!!
    Everyone knows how ruthless and competitive Lewis is, so for him to do this, and keep his word and obey team dynamics, its something i would never have imagined. In sharp contrast would be "multi-21".
    Suddenly, i wouldnt mind LH in a Ferrari.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Was a fairly decent race in terms of entertainment, but seeing from the way Kimi was, if SV didnt have an issue, both our cars would have been way clear of the mercs.
    Have we finally jumped them in the development war? We are clearly the faster car right now.
    Am getting to be a big Max V fan, but today was not one of those days that he can be proud of. That shunt into DR was stupid and brash. He deserved the penalty.
    Having said that, notice how close he came to taking Bottas even with that penalty.

Special mention- I am no fan of LH, but what he did in todays race was just amazing. Respect!!!!
    Everyone knows how ruthless and competitive Lewis is, so for him to do this, and keep his word and obey team dynamics, its something i would never have imagined. In sharp contrast would be "multi-21".
    What Lewis did is just part of the game. Not respect.

One thing I wanted to say, if he's been on podium its not deserving one and also there would have been alot of criticism going fwd in races where he gets on podium n getting booo from crowd saying bottas is helping his team mate that's why he won the WDC or been on podium.

I don't see Lewis as a Ferrari material. He's simply Alvin n chimp kind of driver who drives only fast cars.

Imagine that entire Hamilton-Bottas thing without aired team radio.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/40770309

Hamilton: "I said at the beginning of the year I want to win it the right way and it was the right way to do things."

what race was it when Bottas moved over to let Ham pass? Spain i think?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/40770309

Hamilton: "I said at the beginning of the year I want to win it the right way and it was the right way to do things."

what race was it when Bottas moved over to let Ham pass? Spain i think?
    Bahrain, which we also ended up winning

In Spain, Bottas was ordered to slow down Seb I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post

I would say our car and Mercs are pretty even at the moment. It's just that this track suits our cars more, such as in Monaco. Power tracks would suit Mercs more. In the end, I think the title will be won by the team with better tire management in the remaining races.

With regards to Max, yes he deserved the penalty even though it was his team mate that DNF'd. At the moment he is a faster version of Pastor Maldonado. Fast but has a tendency of ruining other racers' races because of his (over)confidence in his driving skills. He is ultra aggressive and needs to tone down a little if he wants to remain at Red Bull.

With regards to Hamilton, I don't think there is something special with what he did given the circumstances. For starters, it was obvious in this race that no matter how fast your car is, it is quite impossible to overtake. Thus, he wouldn't have overtaken Bottas in normal circumstances even if he said he is faster than him. He just doesn't want the backlash of an angry Bottas and F1 fans for lying, that's why he gave his place back as he should.

I couldn't watch the race but i'm having a hard time believing there were no overtakes at all? I mean aside from backmarkers moving over.

Guys I think we will be strong in SPA also, I have a good felling. Silverstone was a one off, as it was Monaco for Mercedes. The cars look equal in terms of race pace, maybe in qualy the Mercedes is slightly ahead. But the next 4 tracks are tracks that Vettel has always been strong. Especially Monza, Singapore,Japan,Malaysia, he is a monster there usually on an another level. He was always not very strong in Silverstone and in nearly all tracks in July.
    Btw: I am very happy with a 1-2, but 20 laps before the race was over, I was very nervous I turned off the TV and went out to take a walk in the forest. I then came back and to my delight I saw a fantastic result. :)
    Last edited by Vettel165; 31st July 2017 at 09:11.

I couldn't watch the race but i'm having a hard time believing there were no overtakes at all? I mean aside from backmarkers moving over.
    That is typical for Hungaroring. They also call it Monaco without walls.

Apart from alonso overtaking sainz and the merc teamorders there was nothing typical hungary