Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 71819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Hungarian Formula 1 Grand Prix - Race

I wonder what they are testing. Does anyone have any info on this?

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    I wonder what they are testing. Does anyone have any info on this?
    The teams are allowed to during this 3 week break as governed/stipulated by the FIA. Plus new recruits can get laps on this formula hybrid system.

So here are some aero "upgrades" Leclerc is driving for testing for those interested

Attachment 7277

Attachment 7278

anyone know why Ferrari hasn't been out since the lunchbreak ??

NEW DIFFUSER FOR FERRARI

Ferrari has brought a new diffuser to test and is running with it today. The diffuser is multi layered and is being driven at the hands of Charles Leclerc.

It looks like they are testing a more high speed setup. Looking at Spa and Suzuka most likely. Hungary is not the best circuit for this type of testing, Silverstone would have been better, but what can you do...

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    NEW DIFFUSER FOR FERRARI

Ferrari has brought a new diffuser to test and is running with it today. The diffuser is multi layered and is being driven at the hands of Charles Leclerc.
    There is a rumor that we recovered 70% of downforace we have lost with a ban of our flexi flor

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Does a bit matter though as it was not a normal situation...
    Still don't see why it should matter, but anyway. Best result for Ferrari - 1-2 and in that order so all well.

For those that have not seen Kubica now and after 18 surgeries later, here he is during the Hungarian testing today

that right arm of his looks thin....

Attachment 7279

Both Mercedes drivers (Bottas & Russel = 218 so far) are racking up alot of laps....Williams(121 laps) second in laps.

Ferrari just 78

Will post results after the session is done.

What was it like to drive the Ferrari SF70-H?

“Amazing!” says @Charles_Leclerc

Charles finished the day on top with 1.17.7 on softs

Hungarian Practice is done for day 1 and here are the results

Attachment 7280

Charles starting as he means to go on, perhaps! I know it's only testing but it looks as if the new parts are working, although probably Hungary isn't the best track to test them on, Charles topping the times bodes well all the same for car and driver.

I hope Leclerc gets the sauber seat next year >.< , giovanazzi can keep testing cars on the simulator too if there's only 1 seat available. after his crash i dont think haas would like him as a mainstay driver

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Does a bit matter though as it was not a normal situation...
    Does not matter one simple bit. He was faster to Kimi because of the conditions of the race.
    This is not a "Kimi is faster than you" thing nor someone is claiming that Kimi is faster than Vettel as a driver.
    We're examining the race.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    For those that have not seen Kubica now and after 18 surgeries later, here he is during the Hungarian testing today

To me he is a example of "never give up". We can learn from him and others too
    Attachment 7279

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Attachment 7279

To me he is a example of " never give up". We can lear from him and others too.

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Quote Originally Posted by 19000rpmF-2004 View Post
    To me he is a example of " never give up". We can lear from him and others too.
    Very true! I can't help remembering Massa taking that shot in the face!!! But back to the track!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    I hope Leclerc gets the sauber seat next year >.< , giovanazzi can keep testing cars on the simulator too if there's only 1 seat available. after his crash i dont think haas would like him as a mainstay driver
    If Ferrari lets Raikkonen go, I want to see Vettel and Leclerc. The kid has massive talent and I think he would do well. Let him jump straight to the number two spot at Ferrari and then promote him to number one when Vettel leaves.

Disappointed Since 2010

98 laps in the SF70H: “Driving a Ferrari is never a normal thing”

Mogyorod – 98 laps at the wheel of the SF70H in the boiling heat of the Hungaroring and a final lap time of 1’17”746, on the Soft tyres. It was also the fastest lap overall on the day. But for Charles Leclerc, the Ferrari Driver Academy student and current leader of the F2 championship, the stopwatch readout was not the most important aspect of this day.
    “Driving a Ferrari is never a ‘normal’ experience,” commented the 19 year old Monegasque driver. I felt as though I was driving a race car for the very first time. It’s a great honour I have been accorded and I thank Ferrari with all my heart for this opportunity. I am pleased with the work I did and I hope the team is too. Driving the SF70H was a fantastic feeling and coming from F2, it’s a whole other world, from every point of view. It was the first time that I’ve driven a Formula 1 car with the wider tyres and this level of aerodynamic downforce and it was an incredible feeling. I also learned a lot from the work in the garage: Ferrari has the best engineers in the world and I felt very comfortable working with them. To set the fastest time is nice, but, in testing, its importance is only relative. I can now go on holiday in a happy mood, before concentrating on the second part of the F2 season. For the moment, Formula 1 is just a dream. I still have work to do and I know that: one step at a time.”

Tomorrow, 2nd August, the test continues with Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen driving.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    98 laps in the SF70H: “Driving a Ferrari is never a normal thing”

Mogyorod – 98 laps at the wheel of the SF70H in the boiling heat of the Hungaroring and a final lap time of 1’17”746, on the Soft tyres. It was also the fastest lap overall on the day. But for Charles Leclerc, the Ferrari Driver Academy student and current leader of the F2 championship, the stopwatch readout was not the most important aspect of this day.
    “Driving a Ferrari is never a ‘normal’ experience,” commented the 19 year old Monegasque driver. I felt as though I was driving a race car for the very first time. It’s a great honour I have been accorded and I thank Ferrari with all my heart for this opportunity. I am pleased with the work I did and I hope the team is too. Driving the SF70H was a fantastic feeling and coming from F2, it’s a whole other world, from every point of view. It was the first time that I’ve driven a Formula 1 car with the wider tyres and this level of aerodynamic downforce and it was an incredible feeling. I also learned a lot from the work in the garage: Ferrari has the best engineers in the world and I felt very comfortable working with them. To set the fastest time is nice, but, in testing, its importance is only relative. I can now go on holiday in a happy mood, before concentrating on the second part of the F2 season. For the moment, Formula 1 is just a dream. I still have work to do and I know that: one step at a time.”

Tomorrow, 2nd August, the test continues with Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen driving.
    The kid appears to be a real class act.

Disappointed Since 2010

Both Mercedes drivers (Bottas & Russel = 218 so far) are racking up alot of laps....Williams(121 laps) second in laps.
    Ferrari just 78...
    During the first testing sessions this year at Barcelona lots of people were pointing out how many laps Mercedes were doing and that they were so far ahead of the field and would romp in both championships again this year. I made the observation that you can do lots of laps when you're changing nothing on the car. But that also means you've got no parts to experiment with to add or take off the car. For example, if a team wants to test 3 different floors, they are not going to get many laps done that day, but you will learn lots about the car and its potential.
    I'm not that worried about the number of laps, I hope we are continuing to aggressively develop the car this year, and the work they did seems to indicate they certainly were busy with a schedule that also seemed to go according to plan.

Please translate?!?

Day 2 of the Hungarian testing results so far

Attachment 7285

i cant access that page, even with adblocker deactivated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Please translate?!?
    copy pasting

Four Vettel victories. Two double victories. Sebastian Vettel (30) with 14 points championship leader. Ferrari upper boss Sergio Marchionne (65) has indicated in Budapest that the driver pairing remains with hag and KR. The red Ferrari world should seem golden.
    The opposite is the case. About Maranello hanging dark clouds. IMAGE learned from a reliable source: Behind the closed for the summer break Factory doors rumbles's and crashes it.

A power struggle between the current team manager Maurizio Arrivabene (60) and CTO Mattia Binotto (47) is broken out.
    Binotto, only since last year, the successor to the migrated to Mercedes James Allison, wants Arrivabenes items. Which in turn is said to have threatened internally, the long-time Ferrari sponsor Philip Morris (for whom he has worked 1997-2014 as a manager) to steer away.

Just now, at a time where Ferrari reaches for the world title after ten years, it smokes potent with the Reds.
    Already about three weeks ago there was the first (silent) bang. Motor boss Lorenzo Sassi fell out with technical director Binotto - what Sassi back migrated into the engine compartment of the road cars. Binotto had won this power struggle, although insiders agreed that the stronger Ferrari engine this year was the merit of Sassi in the first place.

But Binotto did an excellent job and the leap forward from last year to this is due to its aggressive technical guidance. He irritated the gray areas of the regulations made so that the Fia several times during the season intervened and the car (illegally extracting oil tank, bendable underbody) had to be dismantled.

The outward rather quiet, authentic-looking Binotto shows another face behind the closed doors. He complained because of his success now the position of team principal Arrivabene.
    The mighty Ferrari president and Fiat-Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne is in a dilemma. It varies with its position between the two armed taps. It is heard that Binotto has almost ahead after the Hungarian double victory at Marchionne again. Ferrari is to get an opinion.
    It is hoped for Vettel that he will not be thrown by the internal power games of the World Cup track ...

-----------------------------------

People are saying its just rumours and nothing more right now

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I had the same problem, but if you run it through Google's translation https://translate.google.com/#auto/e...tml%23fromWall it gets the page for you and does a good enough job. The gist of it is that Binotto wants Arrivabene's job. That Binotto got Sassi moved because he was a threat. Binotto is credited with the successful/aggressive design for this years car. Finally the success in Hungary somehow promotes Binotto's position but that Arrivabene is threatening to somehow pull Philip Morris's sponsorship if he loses his job through his old contacts there.
    [/extreme sarcasm mode on] Sounds like some truly high quality journalism with all sources validated and referenced

thanks enjaybel3

ach du lieber! let's hope it's not true.