Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Hungarian Formula 1 Grand Prix - Race

Vettel on todays Hungarian test day 2

Sky Italy: Ferrari are analysing some new parts, including diffuser tweaks, which might be useful for the upcoming races.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Vettel on todays Hungarian test day 2

Sky Italy: Ferrari are analysing some new parts, including diffuser tweaks, which might be useful for the upcoming races.
    ran with the new diffuser yesterday.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    ran with the new diffuser yesterday.
    yes. Leclerc

@RenaultSportF1 Robert has already gone quicker than Max Verstappen went yesterday on day 1 of the #BudaTest - The #Kubica comeback is on!

2h 45m #BudaTest Day 2
    1. Vettel - 1m 17.124s
    2. Norris - 1m 19.145s
    3. Sainz - 1m 20.055s
    4. Russell - 1m 20.173
    5. Kubica - 1m 20.327s

new diffuser on top, and the one we ran in the race.

Two hours into #BudaTest day two and #Seb5 is the man to beat: 1m17.124s, two seconds faster than anyone else #F1

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    copy pasting

Four Vettel victories. Two double victories. Sebastian Vettel (30) with 14 points championship leader. Ferrari upper boss Sergio Marchionne (65) has indicated in Budapest that the driver pairing remains with hag and KR. The red Ferrari world should seem golden.
    The opposite is the case. About Maranello hanging dark clouds. IMAGE learned from a reliable source: Behind the closed for the summer break Factory doors rumbles's and crashes it.

A power struggle between the current team manager Maurizio Arrivabene (60) and CTO Mattia Binotto (47) is broken out.
    Binotto, only since last year, the successor to the migrated to Mercedes James Allison, wants Arrivabenes items. Which in turn is said to have threatened internally, the long-time Ferrari sponsor Philip Morris (for whom he has worked 1997-2014 as a manager) to steer away.

Just now, at a time where Ferrari reaches for the world title after ten years, it smokes potent with the Reds.
    Already about three weeks ago there was the first (silent) bang. Motor boss Lorenzo Sassi fell out with technical director Binotto - what Sassi back migrated into the engine compartment of the road cars. Binotto had won this power struggle, although insiders agreed that the stronger Ferrari engine this year was the merit of Sassi in the first place.

But Binotto did an excellent job and the leap forward from last year to this is due to its aggressive technical guidance. He irritated the gray areas of the regulations made so that the Fia several times during the season intervened and the car (illegally extracting oil tank, bendable underbody) had to be dismantled.

The outward rather quiet, authentic-looking Binotto shows another face behind the closed doors. He complained because of his success now the position of team principal Arrivabene.
    The mighty Ferrari president and Fiat-Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne is in a dilemma. It varies with its position between the two armed taps. It is heard that Binotto has almost ahead after the Hungarian double victory at Marchionne again. Ferrari is to get an opinion.
    It is hoped for Vettel that he will not be thrown by the internal power games of the World Cup track ...

-----------------------------------

People are saying its just rumours and nothing more right now
    Thanks! Let's hope the story is not true. We need consistency. We are succeeding. Let's not get caught up in these internal struggles and dispose of valuable members of the team. Everything is in place. I am hopeful it stays this way for at least the remainder of the season. Certainly hopefully Longer too!

Lunch break results day 2 of the Hungarian testing

Attachment 7287

Lunch break results day 2 of the Hungarian testing

Attachment 7287
    Norris matched Vandoorne Q3 time good job from him but i find it interesting that Ferrari said Vettel must test this new diffuser hope its a big upgrade as spa is a lot like sliverstone with long straights and high speed corners so we could struggle there

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    What I meant was that he waited until the last minute to do that in the hopes that Verstappen would pass Bottas and then there would be no way to give back the position. He was hoping to not have to give it back in my opinion and that's why he waited until the end of the race and not after 5 laps like originally promised...
    lol. wouldnt you?
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    I do wonder if Mercedes tactics yesterday were more with constructors points in mind. Lewis appeared faster than Bottas, so why not release him to try and split or beat the Ferrari's? It's their gig afterall, and I think they genuinely fear we will beat them this year. If it was about Lewis, i think they'd have engineered for him to finish ahead of Bottas regardless. But they didn't.

Is possible it had nothing to do with the above though. And it has no bearing on anything either way. We got a Ferrari 1-2. Stuff them [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I think it is clear, we are more than a match for them this year, and yes, they are surely worried about losing the Constructors championship. Even more so as Kimi seems to have woken up and is doing a good job now.
    Silently, like a shadow

Kubica vs. Palmer vs Hulk......

Attachment 7288

Kubica vs. Palmer vs Hulk......

Attachment 7288
    those are some pretty consistent lap times if you ask me....but then again what do i know, right??

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    those are some pretty consistent lap times if you ask me....
    agreed. He put in 74 laps before lunch. Palmer I'm sure is watching all this.

Very consistent times, i'm impressed. But not sure its right to compare with the race times because fuel loads and tire wear will be different.

Honda is testing a Spec 4 engine as well.....which for the moment looks impressive as well as the rookie Lando Norris.

End of day 2 testing. Here are the results

Attachment 7289

Here are both days combined(Hungarian Testing day 1 and 2) with drivers and times:

Attachment 7290

Kimi isn't getting the credit for being The team player of the race. Well not around here, on the Ferrari forum anyway

Seb and Kimi optimistic: “We’ve picked up momentum, want to be stronger everywhere”

Mogyorod, August 2 – The second and last in-season test session of the year ended with both Scuderia Ferrari drivers back on track at the Hungaroring after last Sunday’s one-two in the race. Sebastian Vettel took the wheel of the SF70H this morning at 9, and handed over to Kimi Raikkonen after a couple of hours, for the Finn to continue the development work. Sebastian completed 47 laps, his best time being a 1min17sec124 on Supersoft tires, while Kimi ran 60 laps with a best time of 1’’17’842 on Supersoft tires. Now it’s time for our guys – not only the drivers, but all the team – to have some well-deserved rest during the two-week summer break, to get ready for the forthcoming challenges.

“You don’t get a lot of testing over the season”, Seb said “so it was a good opportunity to try a couple of things and get a feeling from the car. Obviously, in such a brief test you are not expecting to turn the world upside down, but it will be useful for the next races and for a better understanding of the car. I think this year we’ve been strong pretty much everywhere, of course there have been races in which we did not perform at our best; of course there will always differences from track to track, but the purpose of all the work we do is to be in a good shape for the rest of the season. We’ve picked up momentum with the win in Hungary, now it’s up to us to keep it going, but I am confident that we have the right people and are going in the right direction. As for my holidays… I haven’t done much planning, I think I’ll just be getting some rest, after all those flights!”

“We always bring something different, irrespective of where we are and try to learn from it, commented Kimi. “We had a very good result, as a team, here in Hungary, but we always try to improve further. Today was a normal testing day, but obviously here you have more time and tires available than you have during a race weekend, so we try to get the best out of it. In the last few races, my feeling with the car has improved consistently, which shows that the new things we’ve brought have helped me drive better and better. Also, I am happy that I could help Charles Leclerc prepare for his test, but then it’s fair to say that all the team supported him”.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Kimi isn't getting the credit for being The team player of the race. Well not around here, on the Ferrari forum anyway
    He's getting credit interms of contract extension every year. Whether he does a good job or not.
    As a person he's very cool & kind hearted guy n pretty much team player.
    On other side he's pretty much vulnerable to these young drivers around him on the track, that's the only problem.

Ferrari decided to go with same team for 2018 which is good. Also he's helping young drivers Antonio & Charles behind the scene. That's what makes him even more great.

I'm expecting good result at spa for Ferrari.
    1-2 or 2-3

Compilation of videos(FOM) from the 2017 Hunagarian GP plus full radio transcript. Last video is a side-by-side comparison Vettel 2017 vs Schumacher 2004.

2017 Hungarian Grand Prix | Best of Team Radio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoJIz5ISlx4

Alonso And Sainz In Epic Battle | 2017 Hungarian Grand Prix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHMEEZDG11U

2017 Hungarian Grand Prix | Best Onboards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-5aRGCL7BY

Will Hamilton Regret His Sportsmanship in Hungary?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEIAK5Ao8DQ

2017 Hungarian Grand Prix team radio transcript

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2017/08/0...io-transcript/

Vettel 2017 vs Schumacher 2004 - Hungary Pole Lap Comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A0fy_8c5mE

Vettel 2017 vs Schumacher 2004 - Hungary Pole Lap Comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A0fy_8c5mE
    that v10

Just an fyi folks

Hamilton & Bottas to run new Merc engines (4th ICE, turbo & MGU-H). Haas cars fitted with new Ferrari engines.
    AMuS:

Haas getting a new livery (white) probably due to new Ferrari PU.

Just an fyi folks

Hamilton & Bottas to run new Merc engines (4th ICE, turbo & MGU-H). Haas cars fitted with new Ferrari engines.
    AMuS:

is this an upgraded engine from Ferrari??? or they're getting the same spec engine as Ferrari had for the past races??? or the last engine upgrade Ferrari had.

any news as to WHEN Ferrari will introduce another engine upgrade??? and if so will we get a penalty for it???

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    is this an upgraded engine from Ferrari??? or they're getting the same spec engine as Ferrari had for the past races??? or the last engine upgrade Ferrari had.

any news as to WHEN Ferrari will introduce another engine upgrade??? and if so will we get a penalty for it???
    They are getting the 2017 spec engine. No news on Ferrari engine upgrade.......will post if something comes up. Getting alot of traffic right now but it is mostly pics of

the front wings and engine covers out on the pit lane.

Oh one more thing to mention...Haas went back to Brembo brakes on both cars soooooo Mr. Lettuce (Romain) will be back whinning again over team radio about the

brakes.

If you guys want to see the pics(traffic) that I have been getting for Spa on Wednesday(08-23-17), this guy compiles the pics into a video.

Belgian GP F1 pictures wednesday FERRARI,MERCEDES,HAAS ... Highlights SPA pre Race Belgium Bélgica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cYTkkPrf_0