Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alfa Romeo Sauber

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Me too disappointed. My feeling too is the same.
    But I think there r some probabilities after next year.
    1. Charles leclerc in sauber for 1yr. Then move to Haas in 2019.
    2. Gio will replace Charles at sauber for 2019.

Eric will not be moved as hes bringing the much needed investment into the team.
    I wonder how the 2018 Sauber will fair against the Haas. I would like to see them get outperformed, as they only seem to want Ferrari engines and little more. They should have been honored to be Ferrari's B Team... I would have been honored if I was the owner of a midfield team with two drivers that really don't belong in Formula 1.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    more like Seb and Lec driving for Ferrari for 2019, when Kimi will finally get the BOOT......there i fixed it for ya.....ha, ha....

Would love to see that but it looks like Ricci and Seb for 2019. Ricci would make a great #2 against Seb and fight for the WCC pts against Bottas. Thats just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Would love to see that but it looks like Ricci and Seb for 2019. Ricci would make a great #2 against Seb and fight for the WCC pts against Bottas. Thats just my opinion.
    Sounds like fun and hope it would be a healthy combination. And Seb will also have the chance to retaliate for 2014.

GIO did some great work for Ferrari on the simulator this season, so despite crashing a few Saubers, he managed to help with Seb and Kimi's set-ups quite convincingly between FP and quali. He just needs experience and he needs to get it now rather than get swamped by other up and coming youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    GIO did some great work for Ferrari on the simulator this season, so despite crashing a few Saubers, he managed to help with Seb and Kimi's set-ups quite convincingly between FP and quali. He just needs experience and he needs to get it now rather than get swamped by other up and coming youngsters.
    Well yeah but there's nothing you can do. Eriksson got the seat because of his connections and you most definitely can't put him in a Ferrari. However, there's a good chance for him to snatch Eriksson's seat next year when Charles destroys him.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Good point. I had forgotten about that contribution.

Disappointed Since 2010

IM so happy for Leclerc! XD , i hope the new ferrari engines they get puts them in position to beat Torro rosso, iv seen some great concept designs for the car and almost all look great with that dark red. Giovinazzi hasnt done himself a favour crashing in sauber and always spinning out in HAAS so maybe they can keep using him on the simulator which seems to be his strength lol. Lets go Leclerc ^_^ 2018
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

I hope he destroys Ericsson next year! and really dominates him!

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia85 View Post
    I hope he destroys Ericsson next year! and really dominates him!
    Yeah but they are both in Sauber. Maybe they'll end up with Leclerc having 2pts and ERI 0pts. Hope the Sauber will have some kind of an impact on midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yeah but they are both in Sauber. Maybe they'll end up with Leclerc having 2pts and ERI 0pts. Hope the Sauber will have some kind of an impact on midfield.
    sauber next year cannot be any worse then this year..........remember this year they had 2016 engines compared to Ferrari and Haas.....even the crappy honda engine was more powerful then teh 2016 ferrari engine

next year sauber will have the full blown 2018 engines just like Haas and Ferrari will........im pretty sure Leclerc will score more then TWO points.....haha.....and is gonna mop the floor with Ericcson.....i still cannot believe he has a drive for next season......MONEY TALKS I GUESS.....and NOT talent
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    sauber next year cannot be any worse then this year..........remember this year they had 2016 engines compared to Ferrari and Haas.....even the crappy honda engine was more powerful then teh 2016 ferrari engine

next year sauber will have the full blown 2018 engines just like Haas and Ferrari will........im pretty sure Leclerc will score more then TWO points.....haha.....and is gonna mop the floor with Ericcson.....i still cannot believe he has a drive for next season......MONEY TALKS I GUESS.....and NOT talent
    Well, i'm not really sure of Sauber's chassis development abilities. However, if this year's Sauber had a 2017 Ferrari engine maybe they would've been better than Haas. That said, you may have a point. Maybe next year we won't have a team that's dead last.

Good technical analysis on the new Alfa Romeo Sauber!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh9dmMG3LPA