Thread: Driver Of the Season (so far)

Driver Of the Season (so far)

What's your ranking of the drivers at the half way point this season? Here's the Sky Sports list, which (shockingly!) has Vettel at the top.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...-season-so-far

Sebastian Vettel 8.68
    Lewis Hamilton 8.36
    Fernando Alonso 8.00
    Valtteri Bottas 7.82
    Daniel Ricciardo 7.70
    Max Verstappen 7.50
    Sergio Perez 7.45
    Esteban Ocon 7.18
    Kimi Raikkonen 7.15
    Felipe Massa 7.15
    Nico Hulkenberg 7.09
    Carlos Sainz 7.00

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    ...Here's the Sky Sports list, which (shockingly!) has Vettel at the top.
    But here is the way their website readers scored the same races

votes.JPG

They have a Kimi 9th? Who is he ? Where's the Kimi that drives for Ferrari? He should at least be 4th.

Well, look at Sky Sports, putting Seb on top. Well, he has been most consistent so glad they are not biased with the list regarding Seb. Kimi has been very inconsistent so probably that ninth place suits him.

Well, look at Sky Sports, putting Seb on top. Well, he has been most consistent so glad they are not biased with the list regarding Seb. Kimi has been very inconsistent so probably that ninth place suits him.

Quote Originally Posted by enjaybel3 View Post
    But here is the way their website readers scored the same races

votes.JPG
    Cant't blame them, they are voting for a fellow Brit after all.

I like that, Seb Nr.1.

Also Bottas and Ocon has been positive surprises.

I can't agree with Alonso being the third best driver. There's a reason why the driver ranked 15th in the WDC standings is not generally highly rated, and it's because there is so little information to rate him on. So far this season FA has completed just three out of eleven GPs. While that's clearly not his fault, it also provides almost no data to give him either a good or a bad ranking. Beating rookie Vandoome in qualifying is only what everyone would expect.

Yeah good point which is why nobody paid any attention to him in a Minardi either............
    Forza Ferrari

I can't agree with Alonso being the third best driver. There's a reason why the driver ranked 15th in the WDC standings is not generally highly rated, and it's because there is so little information to rate him on. So far this season FA has completed just three out of eleven GPs. While that's clearly not his fault, it also provides almost no data to give him either a good or a bad ranking. Beating rookie Vandoome in qualifying is only what everyone would expect.
    Yeah but he made the most out of every situation.

Vettel is an obvious answer.

Bottas has been great but I am biased. Sainz is dominating on TR. Same applies to Alonso. Vandoorne was supposed to be the next big thing but no.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yeah but he made the most out of every situation.

Since he failed to finish the race eight out of eleven times, it's strange to say he made the most out of every situation. He did the best anyone could have done in the circumstances, is how I'd phrase it. But I still don't know what exactly people are looking at in saying he's been one of the top drivers of the season. Between his rookie teammate and his unreliable car, we can't say whether Nando is having a great year, a mediocre one, or a poor one. As my pal Grieg wisely points out, nobody rated him as one of the best drivers of the season when he was in a Minardi.

Since he failed to finish the race eight out of eleven times, it's strange to say he made the most out of every situation. He did the best anyone could have done in the circumstances, is how I'd phrase it. But I still don't know what exactly people are looking at in saying he's been one of the top drivers of the season. Between his rookie teammate and his unreliable car, we can't say whether Nando is having a great year, a mediocre one, or a poor one. As my pal Grieg wisely points out, nobody rated him as one of the best drivers of the season when he was in a Minardi.
    I still rate Alonso in the top three easily, only because I doubt his talent could have dropped off since he left Ferrari. I agree that there's nothing to really grade him on since his car is complete garbage.

Disappointed Since 2010

Iconsistency with Kimi one must blame the car for sure, not his driving. As far as Seb winning and in the points, one must realize it's the car not his driving that got him there. The same goes for Lewis , it's the car not his driving. Alonso is the only driver on the track that his driving is great even in his car. He should be #1 driver with a #0 car. A good example would be to put Alonso in Bottas' car, and Bottas in Alonso's car. Bottas would rate a strong 18 or less based on driving without his Merc ride.

Alonso has been in F1 since 2001, there is enough information to rate him among the best drivers on the grid, if not the best. I think his talent is still the same and he has even more experience than before. Based on the current season alone, it is impossible to make up such a list anyway.

Yeah, i also think Alonso is way better than before. He proved a lot in the Indy 500 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by F2008 View Post
    Alonso has been in F1 since 2001, there is enough information to rate him among the best drivers on the grid, if not the best. I think his talent is still the same and he has even more experience than before. Based on the current season alone, it is impossible to make up such a list anyway.
    This is a rating of how well drivers have performed this season, not since 2001. Such a list can only be made based on the current season alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Iconsistency with Kimi one must blame the car for sure, not his driving. As far as Seb winning and in the points, one must realize it's the car not his driving that got him there..
    The car has been second best this year to the Mercedes, so no, it's not the car which got him there.

The car has been second best this year to the Mercedes, so no, it's not the car which got him there.
    Second best is 1st of the losers . I'm sure most Ferrari fans agree Kimi is as good a driver as Lewis or Bottas. IT's that 2nd best bomb he's driving. F1 success =s the car !

Wow seb #1! they actually gave some truth for once! nice , list seems more or less accurate