Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Belgian Grand Prix 2017 - Free Practice & Qualifying

+0.242 on a 7km track is a fantastic result considering Mercedes is supposed to be so much better than us. Let's hope for a clean start tomorrow.

Good job. Y seb, if he has a good start can snatch p1 at la source or slipstream lewis all the way up the top of the hill tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Nice, really good job considering it's a Merc track with new engine
    Vettel had advantage of getting tow from kimi on s3 which is about 0.3~ advantage over a normal lap, still very happy they were able to steal p2

Quote Originally Posted by Redpower View Post
    You'll never be a 7 time World Champion Hamilton.
    Yep and schumi eras had refuelling in quali rule if that didn't exist michael would have at least 75 poles

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Yep and schumi eras had refuelling in quali rule if that didn't exist michael would have at least 75 poles
    good point

yeah, you have a totally good point there
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Vettel had advantage of getting tow from kimi on s3 which is about 0.3~ advantage over a normal lap, still very happy they were able to steal p2
    Good, he will get a tow from Ham tomorrow :)

hehe lets hope

He also raced when each season has less GPs. Can't get 20 poles per season when there are only 16 races lol.

Hamster has many years left in F1, I think

Yes, that is good chance to take P1

Wow I never saw it coming but that gap of 0,2 was small and this is Mercedes with a brand new engine. Ferrari will get the one already next week, soo we might have shot for pole there. Ferrari has got the old engine in with a lot of km done, the engine wears out and losses some performance. With a new engine I think we could dominate Japan, Singapur, Malaysia, Brasil. We can hope.
    But still we need to keep our feet on the ground, like I said many times this year. Forzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Seb,Kimi!!.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Yes, that is good chance to take P1
    Yes we should do what Bottas did to us in russia

That tow was worth like 0.05s max. Rai was way too much ahead of him to make any significant difference.

Great chance from P2 I'd say. If Vettel can stay close to Hamilton up until Eau Rouge

No rain for tomorrows race, this page is very good I can tell you.

https://www.yr.no/place/Belgium/Wallonia/Spa/

Partially correct. Kimi is way ahead of vet.

But all in all good lap from vet, if ham wouldn't have improved then it's pole for vet.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 26th August 2017 at 13:54.

We don't look bad at all, it could've been way worse. Seb did an outstanding lap. Even if Seb finishes second tomorrow it's still all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    We don't look bad at all, it could've been way worse. Seb did an outstanding lap. Even if Seb finishes second tomorrow it's still all good.
    +1....weather permitting

Kimi's vibration issues.....sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    No rain for tomorrows race, this page is very good I can tell you.

https://www.yr.no/place/Belgium/Wallonia/Spa/
    This one even better

https://www.windy.com/50.453/5.953?r...53,8,m:e3gagk4

Ric & mad max at press talk

Ric : do u speak Italian
    Max : No
    Ric : then **** off

from the Schumacher family....

Attachment 7300

I hope shumacher family don't give nothing from to ham when he breaks the old time record for poles.

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

I think there needs to be an asterix behind any poles won in 2014 & 2015. Only 2 cars were allowed to compete. Never ever seen a year in F1 where development was forbidden other than those two. A dark spot in the history of F1.

So, Charles Leclerc won in #F2 (no surprise), but by 26.6 seconds!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    from the Schumacher family....

Attachment 7300
    Now that's class
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So, Charles Leclerc won in #F2 (no surprise), but by 26.6 seconds!!!!!
    I think he will come to Ferrrari in 2 years

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Sebastian Vettel thanked Ferrari teammate Kimi Raikkonen for giving him a tow on his final Q3 attempt, one which aided him to second on the grid for the Belgian Grand Prix.

Vettel ended the opening runs of Q3 down in fourth but a last ditch effort, aided by his teammate's slipstream after the Finn made a mistake on his final lap, propelled him onto the front row of the grid and behind title rival Lewis Hamilton.

Speaking after qualifying, the German believed he had gained 0.2s of lap time which was crucial in displacing Valtteri Bottas for second.

"Not just on my behalf, I think I had a little bit of help from a friend,'' he said. "Kimi here obviously had to abort his lap and he was very generous in giving me a nice tow in the last sector which I think got me like two-tenths, that helped and made it a little bit comfortable with Valtteri looking at the result.

"It was tricky then getting into the last corner knowing you arrive so much faster with the tow and braking is never easy. It's easy to miss it, the last corner, but I managed to get it right and across the line so that was very useful. The pace has been good this weekend I think less for one lap but more so for long runs so let's see what we can do tomorrow.''

Throughout qualifying, both McLarens decided to give each each other slipstream throughout their laps. Vettel said Ferrari had not decided to do the same ahead of the session and that Raikkonen's decision to give him a tow in the final sector was decided on the spot.

"He wanted to obviously finish that lap but I guess when he did that mistake and where we were positioned he just cruised back to the pits and I guess the team didn't even tell him anything. I think he just saw the red car in the mirror and thought I'd hand him a tow, which is quite nice.

"It was obviously a big help, quite useful for me, but it wasn't planned. I saw some other teams playing around with tows previously in qualifying but it's usually one of those things you can't really plan so you tend to stay away from them. To answer your question it was very spontaneous.''

Raikkonen: Don’t make a ‘ stupid story’

Kimi Raikkonen has reacted angrily to the suggestion that Ferrari told him to give Sebastian Vettel a tow in qualifying for the the Belgian Grand Prix.

Raikkonen ruined his Q3 session by making a mistake and will line up from P4 on the grid in Sunday's race as a result.

The Finn then gave his team-mate a nice slipstream which helped him clinch a place on the front row alongside Hamilton, but he was adamant that it was his decision rather than a team call.

"Don't try to make a ing stupid story about this," Raikkonen responded.

"I had a mistake, I was coming back, and obviously if I can help our team I will do it.

"There are not any other stories behind it."

Raikkonen struggled with vibrations throughout the qualifying session, but is at a loss to say what the specific issue is.

"I don't know what it is," he added.

"At first it was worse, then a little bit less, then it disappeared and then it came back.

"Apart from that it was going pretty okay… on the last run there were some small things that were not ideal, and we went a bit sideways at one place.

"I was struggling a bit with the tyre temperatures, for whatever reason, on the last lap, so I got sideways and I couldn't finish the lap."
    I now understand why we signed Kimi for another year. Hats off sir, you are a true team player

Quote Originally Posted by 19000rpmF-2004 View Post
    I think he will come to Ferrrari in 2 years

He is also leading the championship by 66pts!!!