Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213

Thread: Belgian Grand Prix 2017 - Free Practice & Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    I now understand why we signed Kimi for another year. Hats off sir, you are a true team player
    the press trying to turn things around

Had to switch off to avoid the HAM-fest for equalling MS's poles, but so good to see Seb take that front row spot, pity for Kimi and he needs to watch out for Mad Max and BOT at the start, we know they can't be trusted. Nerves kicking in already but good job from the team so far this weekend. Forza ragazzi.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    He is also leading the championship by 66pts!!!
    That is impressive!!!

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

can't wait for the race tomorrow

can someone explain the mercedes engine upgrade thing properly to me.

did FIA impose the oil restrictions starting at monza and all engines from that race will have to be within its regulations?
    does that mean mercedes will have to change there cheating oil engines to the new regulation ones or does that mean they can use the cheat engines throughout the second half of the season and all the other teams will be restricted to the amount of oil they use.

Very confused, the FIA always let mercedes have the advantage so i just want to know how big this engine upgrade will be in the long run for them?

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Had to switch off to avoid the HAM-fest for equalling MS's poles, but so good to see Seb take that front row spot, pity for Kimi and he needs to watch out for Mad Max and BOT at the start, we know they can't be trusted. Nerves kicking in already but good job from the team so far this weekend. Forza ragazzi.

tutti fratello onesto, non tengo attenzione a nuovi record. Più corse di quanto avvenisse, avrebbe avuto la migliore macchina per pochi anni.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post

did FIA impose the oil restrictions starting at monza and all engines from that race will have to be within its regulations?
    does that mean mercedes will have to change there cheating oil engines to the new regulation ones or does that mean they can use the cheat engines throughout the second half of the season and all the other teams will be restricted to the amount of oil they use.

Very confused, the FIA always let mercedes have the advantage so i just want to know how big this engine upgrade will be in the long run for them?
    If that's the case, I don't understand this situation either, than we just increase our oil intake to match theirs

To put it in simple way. FIA restricting engine suppliers who use oil as the extra fuel for the boost in quali from Monza.
    Earlier there was some usage flow was allowed. Now it's restricted to 0.9ltr something.

In direct way it will effect mercs, that's why they broke friendly agreement to gain early advantage & lead in this race n Monza.

Now this equals the engine suppliers modes. I think from Monza we don't find that special modes come quali.
    Which could play into RB's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    tutti fratello onesto, non tengo attenzione a nuovi record. Più corse di quanto avvenisse, avrebbe avuto la migliore macchina per pochi anni.
    I don't take any notice of how many poles HAM has got, Rob, you are right, he's had a completely dominant car for the past 3 years. And of course Sky love rubbing it in. Ostia!

One important notice is that, Ferrari have extra set of US tyres. As mercs did 2runs in q2. Ferrari only 1. So they saved 1set of US.

If vet takes lead, they can go for aggressive strategy US-SS-US.
    I think mercs will go for US-S-US/SS.

History and statistics playing into Ham's hands but we know the truth don't we? Congratulations to him on his paper glory.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So, Charles Leclerc won in #F2 (no surprise), but by 26.6 seconds!!!!!
    He's been disqualified such a shame to have such a great drive taking away from him

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    He's been disqualified such a shame to have such a great drive taking away from him
    yup....just saw that.....

Leclerc and Rowland disqualified from feature race

Markelov promoted to race victory

Charles Leclerc and Oliver Rowland have been disqualified from this afternoon’s feature race at the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps after both drivers’ cars failed post-race scrutineering due to excessive wear to the underfloor plank.

Both cars were subjected to the usual post-race scrutineering checks, which is when the damage was noted on both vehicles. The planks were removed and measured, with the thickness recorded as below the allowable limit.

The race stewards also handed down penalties to Artem Markelov and Oliver Rowland following their last corner incident: Rowland was handed a 5 second time penalty for forcing a rival off track, and Markelov was also handed a 5 second penalty for exceeding track limits and gaining an advantage, nullifying each other’s penalties before Rowland was disqualified from the race.

Markelov has now been promoted to race winner, ahead of teammate Luca Ghiotto to record a RUSSIAN TIME 1-2, with Antonio Fuoco rounding out the podium. Racing Engineering teammates Gustav Malja and Nyck De Vries are now classified P4 and P5 respectively, ahead of Sergio Sette Camara and Roberto Merhi, with Norman Nato set to start tomorrow’s sprint race from pole and Santino Ferrucci and Robert Visoiu rounding out the points places.

http://www.fiaformula2.com/News-Room...-feature-race/
    Last edited by Rob; 27th August 2017 at 09:26. Reason: please do not abbreviate swearing.

Ham poles in this era non event different time different dimension lets see in this race with the reds all over his sorry merc then bang ham cant hang on then woshca chaio baby can me now.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    To put it in simple way. FIA restricting engine suppliers who use oil as the extra fuel for the boost in quali from Monza.
    Earlier there was some usage flow was allowed. Now it's restricted to 0.9ltr something.

In direct way it will effect mercs, that's why they broke friendly agreement to gain early advantage & lead in this race n Monza.

Now this equals the engine suppliers modes. I think from Monza we don't find that special modes come quali.
    Which could play into RB's hands.
    does that mean Mercedes will have to get a new engine at monza or after Monza? and suffer a grid penalty?

Lewis' 68 poles in 200th starts, his 4th Spa pole. What's the big deal?

One important notice is that, Ferrari have extra set of US tyres. As mercs did 2runs in q2. Ferrari only 1. So they saved 1set of US.

If vet takes lead, they can go for aggressive strategy US-SS-US.
    I think mercs will go for US-S-US/SS.
    Don't think US will be used in a "normal" race, ofcourse at the start, but I don't thing afterwards..
    Mercs looked good on softs so expect them to use softs, perhaps try one stop. If they stop second time a lot will dependent on how long to go and where they are in the race..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

does that mean Mercedes will have to get a new engine at monza or after Monza? and suffer a grid penalty?
    No they can use the engine introduced now for the rest of the season, so they can keep using what they have now
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    No they can use the engine introduced now for the rest of the season, so they can keep using what they have now
    What a stupid decision by fia then, they won't enforce it then its only hurting those who didnt use such extravagent oil burning in the first place. backwards decision to allow mercs to use that engine past the new rule date

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Don't think US will be used in a "normal" race, ofcourse at the start, but I don't thing afterwards..
    Mercs looked good on softs so expect them to use softs, perhaps try one stop. If they stop second time a lot will dependent on how long to go and where they are in the race..
    when track is rubbered in more, last stint on US is pretty handy.
    Difference between S & US is 1.5sec on this track, SS & US is .8sec

So US is pretty useful if you are on aggressive strategy.

they can introduce new engine, but will incur penalty or they can use old engine for the rest of the races.

Where as for ferrari, only advantage is that they have time now for new engine which they can upgrade it & introduce but it will be within that 0.9ltrs usage rules.

they can introduce new engine, but will incur penalty or they can use old engine for the rest of the races.

Where as for ferrari, only advantage is that they have time now for new engine which they can upgrade it & introduce but it will be within that 0.9ltrs usage rules.
    such a stupid rule if they won't enforce it honestly

leclerc is a monster, cant wait to see him in f1, he is owning spa

Anyone at Spa, what is the weather conditions at the moment.

when track is rubbered in more, last stint on US is pretty handy.
    Difference between S & US is 1.5sec on this track, SS & US is .8sec

So US is pretty useful if you are on aggressive strategy.
    Tyre difference might be 1.5seconds when it is new, however the tyres will start dropping off. Even if it stayed linear at 1.5 secs it will take 10 laps just to make up 15 secs so 20secs will be about 13 laps which some think the US last for anyways, how long does it take to pit at this track anyways?

I personally thnk most people might do 2 stops as the tyres might go 'pop', also the extreme vibrations on the tyres yesterday didn't look too healthy

Pirelli say its the cars and not the tyres after there examination last night for those rattling vibrations in the last corners

Pirelli say its the cars and not the tyres after there examination last night for those rattling vibrations in the last corners
    Are these the vibratins kimi was reporting? I know on the slow motion it was Hamiltons Mercedes

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Are these the vibratins kimi was reporting? I know on the slow motion it was Hamiltons Mercedes
    i wonder, because Kimi said he had no problems with it in his last laps, ferrari had to change the wheel gun and things to fix that issue, i think the hamilton vibrations and the stroll issue might be the one they were examining

Good race but What would have happened if the safety car didn't enter? How would be the tyre strategy and the tyre usage from us and mercs?