Thread: OFFICIAL: Vettel signs new multi-year deal with Ferrari

OFFICIAL: Vettel signs new multi-year deal with Ferrari

F1 2017 Championship leader Sebastian Vettel has inked a new multi-year deal with Ferrari, it has been confirmed.

The announcement came ahead of qualifying for the Belgian Grand Prix, with the Scuderia releasing a short statement to say the German will remain at Maranello for the next three seasons.

The full missive read:
    “Ferrari N.V. announces that Scuderia Ferrari has extended its technical and racing agreement with driver Sebastian Vettel for the 2018, 2019 and 2020 racing seasons of the Formula One World Championship.”

It comes after team-mate Kimi Raikkonen also signed a new deal this week, with the Scuderia announcing another one-year agreement with the Finn on Tuesday.

Vettel joined Ferrari back in back in 2015 – after six seasons with Red Bull (eight if you include the two years with Scuderia Toro Rosso), during time which he won 39 races (his first with Toro Rosso in 2008) and took four Drivers’ titles.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

And Seb said in Thursday that he doesn't expect any news regarding a new contract in the next two weeks
    Anyway, happy he signed for another 3 years, shows he has trust in the team. And SM gave him a pretty hefty offer

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    And Seb said in Thursday that he doesn't expect any news regarding a new contract in the next two weeks
    Anyway, happy he signed for another 3 years, shows he has trust in the team. And SM gave him a pretty hefty offer
    We have it all now - a great team, a great car & a great driver. Lets go win some championships now!

Brilliant news, I'm really happy
    Forza Jules

Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    We have it all now - a great team, a great car & a great driver. Lets go win some championships now!
    Yap, happy we put this behind and the team can completely focus on the future. It would've been bad if he signed for only one year.

Good news as it brings stability within the team. Now get back to tracks and snatch those WCs from the silver guys!

Quote Originally Posted by theodorus8864 View Post
    Good news as it brings stability within the team. Now get back to tracks and snatch those WCs from the silver guys!
    And CWC

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    + 1
    It's great news maybe now everyone can concentrate on the racing

Forza Jules

thats great news for ferrari and Seb. Good solid pairing. Seb does seem happy and has alot of confidence in the team and the future.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Good news indeed.

Niki Lauda said that Merc was negotiating with Seb to late june but not after that.

Vettel: It was a no brainer to remain at Ferrari

SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS, Belgium -- After signing a new contract with Ferrari this weekend, Sebastian Vettel said it had been a straightforward decision to commit to the Italian team for the next three years.

The four-time world champion -- who leads the drivers' standings by 14 points ahead of Sunday's Belgian Grand Prix -- had been linked to a move to Mercedes, but said the decision to stay at Maranello was ultimately a "no-brainer".

"I love this team and I love the people working for this brand," he said. "I believe Ferrari have something unique. People talk about a legend and this legend is still alive because of the people that work for it day in and day out. Their passion for the brand -- it allows them to go an extra step compared to other teams, it is extremely great to be part of that family.

"It was a no-brainer to continue and we haven't yet achieved what we want to achieve, but things are looking pretty good and we have a long road ahead of us."

Mercedes chairman Niki Lauda said his team held brief discussions with Vettel two months ago, but team boss Toto Wolff later clarified that formal contractual talks did not take place. Vettel said it is normal to talk to members of other teams from time to time, but that he had always intended to stay at Ferrari.

"I have been around in the paddock for a while so I know people and it's always natural that you talk, but never a bit more than chatting. It's mostly about other stuff to be honest, but I've been talking for a while with Ferrari and my intention was to stay. We haven't succeeded so the mission is still going.

"I want to win in red. We talk about my inspiration with Michael [Schumacher], he was mostly dressed in red, he won most of his races in red and his championships. I don't want to step in his footsteps. I think the whole generation of the Ferrari team today wants to leave their own footsteps but certainly there's a huge inspiration.

"Something that for me is now the biggest challenge, the biggest dream that I have and what I want to achieve."

Seb interview for CNN

"I always feel that the best moment is still to come. And at the moment the best moment that I can picture is winning in red. Winning with Ferrari, because it's what we set out to do when I joined, is what my hero has done for so many years. Everybody inside the team is dying to get back to the top. And yeah, that I would imagine would be a great, great moment and I want to witness it. I want to make it happen.

http://scuderiafans.com/sebastian-ve...errari-future/

Think he waited to see if the other driver was Kimi or some similar no2; before signing his extension.
    Silently, like a shadow

I wonder what type of out clauses are built into his contract... he's not getting any younger lol...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

i'm not sure where to put this but have you guys seen this?

Seb and Kimi having a good time

the video is so funny and i haven't seen or heard Kimi laugh and talk so much. it just shows that they get along real fine..