Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Belgian Grand Prix 2017 - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    dont compare michael to hamilton please its shameful

in the race vettel was few kph like 3-4 behind hamilton on the straights at sections and they said mercedes battery allowed hamilton to keep throttle right till the braking section, maybe ferrari can improve on the battery/energy part? at baku that was also an issue

44 laps 2 sec win to ham he never drove off merc alarm bells are ringing we are fast at all tracks well done reds.

maybe ric could've gotten driver of the day

Michael did the Ferrari unbeatable but Mercedes did Ham unbeatable.Difference with them my opinion

enjoy your day guys, ill be lurking for any breaking news :P hopefully seb can get some luck somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by farid-baku View Post
    Michael did the Ferrari unbeatable but Mercedes did Ham unbeatable.Difference with them my opinion
    very well said

The gap was just around 2sec at the end, so I think it is close. Mercedes didn't blow up the opposition like people talk before the race.
    I don't like to come 2nd but Ferrari is there.

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Unfortunately we did not have the pace to take advantage of a faster tire set

But anyway we're still leading the WDC standing which is good.
    Hopefully Monza will be better to us.

What about new engine witch use HAAS?

Great race. Great performance from the team! If this is how Ferrari performs on a Mercedes track then it bodes well for us!

dont compare michael to hamilton please its shameful
    No its not. And Hamilton's racing career is pretty clean compared to Schumacher's.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Monza should play into Ferrari hands.
    Braking & efficient aero track.
    Which are strengths for ferrari
    Which Monza are you talking about?

enjoy your day guys, ill be lurking for any breaking news :P hopefully seb can get some luck somewhere
    S'pore

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Which Monza are you talking about?
    he's thinking of the Monza in singapore.....LOL

monza will be a walk in the park for the merc agian....unless the new engine we're gonna have will give us more HP to be able to compete with the strong Merc
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Monza should play into Ferrari hands.
    Braking & efficient aero track.
    Which are strengths for ferrari
    Monza is all about engine power. Breaking is important, but no as important as pure HP.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Monza is all about engine power. Breaking is important, but no as important as pure HP.
    ^this.....at Monza, horsepower is KING
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

call me a conspiracy guy, but i still think the Mercs are playing wiht us....
    i mean at the start, first handful of laps Seb could keep with Luise, but then the he pressed that magic button and pulled a gap of 1.6 seconds enough to be out of DRS and staied that way the whole stint....or got bigger when Seb was managing tires

so all in all, i still think the merc's are STILL playing big time with us....

again taht is ME at the moment, but we'll see where we are in MOnza

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i mean at the start, first handful of laps Seb could keep with Luise, but then the he pressed that magic button and pulled a gap of 1.6 seconds enough to be out of DRS and staied that way the whole stint....or got bigger when Seb was managing tires

I'm afraid that is not the case. Seb can't go near since the turbulent air will make his tires slip and slide or overheat. That's why he had to maintain that gap away from the dirty air.

That's silly. He didn't just pull out a 1.6 second gap. He slowly grew that over the entire first stint. Seb was 2-3 tenths per lap slower tops. The whole race. Ended only about 1.6 behind... compare that to silverstone.

This is a great result! Can't win them all

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    That's silly. He didn't just pull out a 1.6 second gap. He slowly grew that over the entire first stint. Seb was 2-3 tenths per lap slower tops. The whole race. Ended only about 1.6 behind... compare that to silverstone.

This is a great result! Can't win them all
    that is true....let's hope we'll WIN enough to win the chamionship

^this.....at Monza, horsepower is KING

A strong engine is key, but also how well your car rides the kerbs and braking

Mercedes might have a more powerful engine but I think we are better on braking and carrying more speed over the kerbs.

Still suprised perez didn't get a penalty for the 2nd move on Ocon, inconsistent steward

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    A strong engine is key, but also how well your car rides the kerbs and braking

Mercedes might have a more powerful engine but I think we are better on braking and carrying more speed over the kerbs.
    well, the good thing is that the race is in one week adn we will see how GOOD we are against the Mercedes

well, the good thing is that the race is in one week adn we will see how GOOD we are against the Mercedes
    We need to sort out our quali so we are starting from the front

This season we have seen it more: if HAM is feeling good, he's almost untouchable, but when thing don't go to plan he looses out more..
    Seb has been very solid whole season (apart from Baku mistake), again taking P2 here.
    Obviously development is important and a lot of things can happen.
    I think BOT will be crucial since now he will be driving for HAM.

Question is: there is no contract for BOT (yet). Merc say they want to sign him, ofcourse they also have Ocon (and Wehrlein). I don't see where BOT will go apart from Merc, but will there be some talking about second driver function etc etc?
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

been saying this for years.

that would be IDEAL, but is easier said than done....i'm sure Ferrari are working really hard and let's hope that the new generation engine we're gonna have in MOnza (with the supposedly 3D STEEL printed pistons) will enable us to push harder in Quali with a different engine map boost and we can challange for POLES and actually get them

we'll see

So far this season, Merc has had the upper hadn mainly due to advantage in qualy, also with Kimi having a lot of bad luck he has not been able to take points of the competitors like BOT has done. In the races we have been very close. Seb has had more solid performance than Lewis in my oppinion, more consistently.
    Will be interesting going forward, a lot can happen with DNF and penalties..
    A lot is due to VET being able to qualy in front of BOT a couple of times, so that's crucial.
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Btw we are stronger in quali then in ANY other season since 2008. Just keep that in mind.

10. Only 10 more hp and we would be giving them absolute hell. Our car is beast seems like team rectified every issue there was bar engine that is slightly down on power.

Think we would all be happy with performance here 1 month ago.