Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Italian GP: Practice & Qualifying thread

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Kimi said they couldn't get the tyres working with the low downforce
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Did he mention low DF ?
    They had no set-up for wet weather. They went with the "best set-up" for this race.

Quote Originally Posted by alfa84 View Post
    Its very strange that difference for both our drivers. Our car was the only one to suffer the rain. Or is something behind this 😵
    Of course there is something behind this...... Slow awful car on wet conditions

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Sorry but our drivers were simply bad. Look at Bot/Ham difference :o
    But i didn't see Bottas try enough times...how many laps did he run in comparison to Lewis?

Surprised to see some have given up championship already. Race is tomorrow, yeah bad quali but I've seen funny things happen on Sundays. This championship will go right down till Abu Dhabi, excited for tomorrow, Vettel will be on a charge

A wasted afternoon waiting to see the worst quali for our team this year, can only assume it's lack of downforce and cars were set up for the race, otherwise we're in trouble, and can we pass the Williams and Force India with their straight-line speed and Merc engines? We're lucky that RB are taking penalties, but hopefully tomorrow will be dry and we can get through the first chicane unscathed, then it will be game on. But HAM has it all going for him, sponsored by Sky. And Toto is probably talking to his customer teams about their strategy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    This championship will go right down till Abu Dhabi, excited for tomorrow, Vettel will be on a charge
    I agree. Qualy was a disaster but we can still save a lot of points tomorrow. Up next comes Singapore where we are favorites. Don't know about Malaysia though, what do you guys think?

Vettel and Raikkonen post qualifying interview https://youtu.be/NHXjbZVdVIM

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I agree. Qualy was a disaster but we can still save a lot of points tomorrow. Up next comes Singapore where we are favorites. Don't know about Malaysia though, what do you guys think?
    S'pore & Sau Paulo are Ferrari tracks. Austin, Mexico & Abu Dhabi Merc tracks. Remaining ones will be close. That are my initial thoughts

S'pore & Sau Paulo are Ferrari tracks. Austin, Mexico & Abu Dhabi Merc tracks. Remaining ones will be close. That are my initial thoughts
    Meaning that we will get one hell of a finish.

Meaning that we will get one hell of a finish.

I think so too for the WDC; it looks like to come down to the end......for the WCC, Mercedes is pulling away with a sizable margin but nothing like these past 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I think so too for the WDC; it looks like to come down to the end......for the WCC, Mercedes is pulling away with a sizable margin but nothing like these past 3 years.
    Yeah, it looks like WCC is pretty much lost due to Kimi's inconsistency.

De vries hits leclerc who out the race on the final lap this really isn't our day

De vries hits leclerc who out the race on the final lap this really isn't our day
    sucks.....

At least fuoco got a poduim

You're not kidding, it can only get better tomorrow, surely? We live in hope and keep the faith, as always.

Suzuka, Singapore will be Ferrari tracks.
    If they get PU upgrade, then Malaysia is a good chance too.
    Abu Dhabi too I feel Ferrari have good chance becoz of twisty section 2.

Mexico Lewis track, Austin too.

May be Ferrari trying to downplay the hype at home track.
    Definitely tmrw would be better.
    I wish stroll n ocon stay ahead of ham. That's the way Ferrari can attack n have chance to beat hamster

Man, Ferrari need perfect start tmrw more than others to gain positions.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    May be Ferrari trying to downplay the hype at home track.
    Why would they do such a thing? lol
    This ain't no WWE.

Surprised to see some have given up championship already. Race is tomorrow, yeah bad quali but I've seen funny things happen on Sundays. This championship will go right down till Abu Dhabi, excited for tomorrow, Vettel will be on a charge

Sun will shine for us tomorrow at Monza.

Forza Scuderia Ferrari

Yeah, it looks like WCC is pretty much lost due to Kimi's inconsistency.
    Really? Wow, you are the best supporter that any team can have. Pretty luck for Kimi also - mostly from Bottas side. Team also put him in second class whenever it helped Seb. Yes, less points for Kimi. Even haters should be honest enough when slashing Kimi.

The only saving grace could be that Ferrari were running an uncompromised dry weather setup and tomorrow remains dry. Unfortunately, I think Ferrari are just slow in the wet - even McLaren last year were faster (Silverstone from memory) in such conditions. I don't hold much optimism for Vettel keeping his championship lead.

Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    Really? Wow, you are the best supporter that any team can have. Pretty luck for Kimi also - mostly from Bottas side. Team also put him in second class whenever it helped Seb. Yes, less points for Kimi. Even haters should be honest enough when slashing Kimi.
    Whatever man, he could've done better at the early stages of the season.

NOT WHERE WE WANTED TO BE”

Seb and Kimi determined to fight back: “Our car will be strong in dry conditions”

Monza, September 2 – A much-delayed qualifying session in treacherous weather conditions ended up in disappointment for both Scuderia Ferrari drivers. Kimi Raikkonen only managed 7th best in Q3, with Sebastian Vettel right behind him. However, both will benefit from penalties issued to the Red Bulls and this will enable them to start from the third row of the grid in tomorrow’s race, which should be run on a dry track.

Both Kimi and Seb are determined to fight back. Yet, neither driver could be pleased with the result: “This isn’t where we wanted to be”, says Seb. “Obviously, we didn’t have enough speed, but tomorrow I think it should be fun. It will be a long race on a track where you can overtake, so anything can happen. I don’t know what caused today’s result, but it was not ideal and we didn’t have the grip. Now we’ll try to understand what happened and then we’ll focus on the race. I don’t think anybody was expecting so much rain. Obviously, we are all disappointed, but there’s no point in complaining now. I know that we have a strong car, we have a new chance and anything can happen. We could have done better today and we tried to do it but it didn’t work. I am confident tomorrow will be better”.

Kimi’s comments follow similar lines: “Today in wet conditions it felt quite tricky all the time. We struggled to get the tires working, in most places we had no grip and it was very slippery. It was difficult to go through the corners and be able to push and go fast. The starting position is not ideal but we’ll start in a bit better position thanks to penalties for the other cars. Now we have to wait and see how the weather will turn out. I’m sure that in the dry conditions it will be a lot different, our car should be working quite well”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

FerrariSteve Guest
    What an utter disaster :(
    Can't believe I sat for that long waiting and then it ended like that, we need Seb to have a lightning start or Stroll/Ocon will just act as blockers for rapper boy.

So what is true about Parc Ferme rules? Teams are able to change car setup?

Found this on the official F1 website.

The only exception to this is when there is a "change in climatic conditions", for example a dry qualifying session followed by a wet race, or vice versa. In this case the FIA will give the teams permission to make further appropriate changes to their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    So what is true about Parc Ferme rules? Teams are able to change car setup?

Found this on the official F1 website.
    So then what was the point, if true, Ferrari running dry weather set up?!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Either you can change only a few bits of the car's setup or we don't have any setup advantage for tomorrow...

https://www.formula1.com/en/champion...arc_Ferme.html

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    yup....so lets hope for dry weather tomorrow.

Wet track = SF70-H weakness maybe???

God it's been hard to avoid all the news bulletins talking about hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    yup....so lets hope for dry weather tomorrow.

Wet track = SF70-H weakness maybe???
    Ferrari has never been strong in wet tracks since the beginning of Pirelli era...