Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Italian GP: Race

Exactly, so will they sit it out or take a penalty?

Marchionne really bitter on RAI television, he said there was something wrong in these 3 days, and there is a basic problem we need to solve (?).

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Marchionne really bitter on RAI television, he said there was something wrong in these 3 days, and there is a basic problem we need to solve (?).
    Sergio needs to stay away from the races and the bad luck he brings :)

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    he also said ferrari failed today, simply failed something like that

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    after singapore mercs to dominate again?
    No, even Niki has said they can not win Singapore. Mercs run wild at fast tracks, with medium to high speed corners. I can see this season going down to the final race.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    ferrari look like a midfield team today, feel sorry for tifosi there
    why? they are there watching and cheering on their Ferrari cars, their hero drivers Seb and Kimi. It doesnt matter how they do, its about cheering them on and supporting them.

Singapore suits our car. Abd its sebs best track so im being cautiously optimistic

Now watching the race.

There is a reason why Sassi has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    There is a reason why Sassi has gone.
    i forget :P ... who's sassi?

Completely destroyed by Mercs and FIA. All these cost cutting, pathetic hybrids, ban on in-season testing, oil-burn rules, heck even allowing Bottas jump start, how can one team win against a deck which is so loaded against them?! But still, to end the race with just 3 points behind shows our mental strength and the reason why we Tifosi will always support Ferrari whatever happens.
    I just hope our new engine is as good as it is rumored and if not, at least finish the season strongly without too many points behind.
    #ForzaFerrari

It was a painful race for any tifoso when we'd been so close at Spa, but then it was a strange quali and grid and the track surface was still green for the race. We knew Merc would probably be quickest but I can't understand where our pace had gone, and I'm not putting my money on Singapore playing into our hands either, with Merc and RB having newer power units. But Seb still got a podium and is only 3 points adrift of HAM, so I'm not going to get too pessimistic, just realistic and I felt sorry for those tifosi at Monza who had expected so much. Onward and upward, if we dare to hope!

James Allison - what a traitor he has turned out to be - leaking all our technical secrets to FIA and Mercs. To see him smiling in the pit garage was even more painful than watching Mercs crush us on the track.
    After all the hope this season started, suddenly everything is bleak and dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax84 View Post
    James Allison - what a traitor he has turned out to be - leaking all our technical secrets to FIA and Mercs. To see him smiling in the pit garage was even more painful than watching Mercs crush us on the track.
    After all the hope this season started, suddenly everything is bleak and dark.
    true

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    why? they are there watching and cheering on their Ferrari cars, their hero drivers Seb and Kimi. It doesnt matter how they do, its about cheering them on and supporting them.

There was a great item on RTL Germany about the mega Ferrari- banner at one of the tribunes along the track. Tifosi hoping for a win, but celebrating the passion
    for Ferrari the whole day whatever the result would be in the end.

Another 25 points gained today!

We'll be back for more! Forza Ferrari

Just seen the Dani Ric move on Kimi. Yes good move. but we didnt hear what Kimi was being told on radio, most prob been told no point fighting, and risking an accident as Dani Ric faster and on quicker tyres. Plus, no doubt Kimi see him coming.

A MONZA PODIUM TO TAKE PRIDE IN
    ferrari-media-
    Seb 3rd and Kimi 5th in most difficult race

MONZA –Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen finished the Italian Grand Prix in third and fifth places respectively. It wasn’t the best result for Scuderia Ferrari’s home race, but at least the team was able to get a driver to salute the tifosi from the podium, after the difficulties of yesterday. Seb is now three points behind the leader in the Drivers’ World Championship.

With qualifying run entirely in the wet, drivers had a free choice of dry tyre type for the start. Kimi and Seb lined up on fifth and sixth places on the grid shod with the Supersofts. It was an aggressive choice, actually adopted by all those at the front end, with the aim of immediately going on the attack. Raikkonen did just that, passing Bottas round the outside of the Curva Grande. The battle rumbled on to the First Chicane, where Valtteri took the place back. Then Seb successful passed his team-mate heading down to the first Lesmo to go fifth. On lap 5, it was Stroll’s turn to give best to the German who set about chasing Ocon in the Force India who, like the Canadian in the Williams had done surprisingly well in qualifying. Around this time, Kimi went straight on at the first chicane. At the start of lap 8, Sebastian made a determined move on Ocon to get into a podium position.

Kimi was suffering with an unstable rear end and on lap 16, he pitted to switch to the Soft tyres, rejoining in 11th place. Two laps later, Stroll covered the Ferrari’s strategy, but the Iceman was now out in front, also passing Vandoorne to go eighth. On lap 26, he pulled off a copybook move on Ocon, slipstreaming before outbraking him into the First Chicane. Seb meanwhile kept putting in the quick laps to free himself from traffic at the pit stop, which happened on lap 32. A perfect job from the mechanics saw him emerge in fourth place in clean air.

The race was not exactly a thriller, but there was a moment of excitement when Ricciardo, who was on a charge, finally pitted. Kimi stayed ahead and so the SF70Hs were third and fourth. However, the Red Bull was on the softer compound and it got ahead at the first braking point. In the final 10 laps, Sebastian also had to keep an eye on his former team-mate and responded with his best lap, upping the pace in the closing stages. He defended in determined fashion all the way to the flag and was clearly proud to stand on the podium, having achieved the minimum goal the team had set itself on the most difficult weekend of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Bottas overtake on Kimi. Ric overtake on Kimi.
    Kimi simply is staying in the team just becoz of team harmony
    They overtook him because of better car. Funny and stupid to say driver screw this one. It is official now, even RB is faster now - even on power track!!
    Not Kimi's gloriest race but I guess only McLaren were slower on straights. Seb would have been fourth without Verstappen puncture.
    Year after year Ferrari fails development during the season. Car was good in the beginning but now already two teams went pass. No driver can help that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    Singapore suits our car. Abd its sebs best track so im being cautiously optimistic
    We really need that win now.

Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    They overtook him because of better car. Funny and stupid to say driver screw this one. It is official now, even RB is faster now - even on power track!!
    Not Kimi's gloriest race but I guess only McLaren were slower on straights. Seb would have been fourth without Verstappen puncture.
    Year after year Ferrari fails development during the season. Car was good in the beginning but now already two teams went pass. No driver can help that fact.
    We are not able to develop because of FIA's idiotic cost cutting rules and ban on in-season testing. We have our own test track FFS but cannot use it through out the year. If Merc wins this year WDC and WCC where will the FIA keep their face in saying the sport is competitive? Remember these rules were bought after our dominance but all this has helped is moving the pecking order from one team to another.
    No sane manufacturer will enter F1 with this stupid engines and rules in place, with Honda to leave this year for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    It was a painful race for any tifoso when we'd been so close at Spa, but then it was a strange quali and grid and the track surface was still green for the race. We knew Merc would probably be quickest but I can't understand where our pace had gone, and I'm not putting my money on Singapore playing into our hands either, with Merc and RB having newer power units. But Seb still got a podium and is only 3 points adrift of HAM, so I'm not going to get too pessimistic, just realistic and I felt sorry for those tifosi at Monza who had expected so much. Onward and upward, if we dare to hope!
    We on this website, along with the fans that were there, should look at the Scuderia for the reasons for the lack of performance today.

I have noticed on this thread what some people call "doomers and gloomers" or "season is over" pessimist's, nonetheless they are tifosi who offer

constructive criticism. While this era/formula of F1 has been dominated by Mercedes Benz, Ferrari, above everyone else, agreed to said formula and need

to look for the answer within themselves. While alot of us blame the opposition for cheating, or having an unfair advantage or throwing names at the

opposition, it is Ferrari, not Mercedes, who are not working as they should. Teams from various sports have this mentality; instead of placing blame or

coming up with excuses, they need to look within themselves and win.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    We on this website, along with the fans that were there, should look at the Scuderia for the reasons for the lack of performance today.

I have noticed on this thread what some people call "doomers and gloomers" or "season is over" pessimist's, nonetheless they are tifosi who offer

constructive criticism. While this era/formula of F1 has been dominated by Mercedes Benz, Ferrari, above everyone else, agreed to said formula and need

to look for the answer within themselves. While alot of us blame the opposition for cheating, or having an unfair advantage or throwing names at the

opposition, it is Ferrari, not Mercedes, who are not working as they should. Teams from various sports have this mentality; instead of placing blame or

You think that all the team at the factory are not working as they should be? that is a massive insult. You not happy with this years season? wow

Indeed I am definitely not jumping on the doom and gloom bandwagon. Ferrari is a great team and so far they have given me a better season than last year. Despite mr Allison leaving. I think he never brought much to Ferrari anyway. I can see an upward development at Ferrari. I knew we would suffer in Monza. But there are races to come which will suit us better. I see a bright future for our team in future seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    I disagree with you. Watch spa race, Ferrari had better car. They brought good upgrade on the track n was almost nailed a win.
    So development path is good.
    For me this race is another bad result similar to Silverstone. also remember fp3 is washed out.
    Ferrari tends to find right balance set-up in fp3. That's the way how it goes.
    Yest after Friday practice sessions, our drivers said the same. Going directly into qualy Ferrari were handicapped.

Coming to RB pace, look at their RW, they have special Monza spec also perfect balance + new PU elements. What do u expect ??

SF70H is still the best car on the grid. Mercs has the best engine, that's given them advantage at power tracks.

One more thing added to the above post
    Vet is pretty consistent driver than Lewis.

Lewis either wins if he has good weekend or else he will be out of podium. But this is not the case with vet Ferrari. If he has bad weekend he will try to make up with atleast podium finish or close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

"constructive criticism" hahaha calling the team pathetic is hardly constructive and it means nothing either way. No matter how much crying goes on in here then it won't change a thing team wise. But it goes against the whole reason for this forum being here, if I want to read Ferrari being mocked and laughed at and slated I would go to Autosport etc. Everyone in the team is giving 100% to win, if that is not good enough for some on here then so be it, does not make the team pathetic or embarrassing.
    Forza Ferrari

I would take a 3 point gap to Mercedes in last 3 years at any day after 13 races. Guys dont worry, what goes around, comes around. We have a great car that is lacking some engine power. And the extra high tyre pressures arent helping the Ferrari in last races also. Pirelli is manipulating with the championship, Vettel would had at least 25 points of a lead if they would bring normal tyre pressures around 16-18 ps every race.

Why everyone so serious? So much drama.

Would have loved a Monza win but wasn't to be today. Useful points won though!! Looking forward to the next races already.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    I would take a 3 point gap to Mercedes in last 3 years at any day after 13 races. Guys dont worry, what goes around, comes around. We have a great car that is lacking some engine power. And the extra high tyre pressures arent helping the Ferrari in last races also. Pirelli is manipulating with the championship, Vettel would had at least 25 points of a lead if they would bring normal tyre pressures around 16-18 ps every race.
    Well said.
    I dont know what went wrong. Maybe wrong setup. But Vettels fastest laptime were only 4 tenth slower than Ham. So, what ist the Truth ?

The truth according to Lewis: https://www.grandprix247.com/2017/09...ferrari-power/
    Quote Originally Posted by Smintlemon View Post
    Well said.
    I dont know what went wrong. Maybe wrong setup. But Vettels fastest laptime were only 4 tenth slower than Ham. So, what ist the Truth ?