Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Italian GP: Race

Well, we know that lewis sometimes is overfilled with adrenalin. But there is a little bit of truth, i believe that Mercedes can extract more power from the Turbo/ MGUH with this new Engine. Not only in the Quali !

It was obvious. Their engine is simply put better. Probably 20hp difference. Watch 2015 Monza and we have been MUCH closer with much worse car. We were 0.2s off the pole then, we would probably be 0.5s now. Its all about engine and our is simply not as good. We are probably closer to Renault then Merc.

Just remember after last years Italian GP we were over 200 points behind in the WCC and Seb over 100 points behind in the WDC..

End of last season I remember to read overhere that we might 'only' be the third team or worse in 2017..

Look where we are: 4 victories, 14 podium finishes and only twice not in the points and Seb just 3 points behind in the WDC..

I celebrate Sebs podium last week in the grandstands at Francorchamps and todays one is a hugely deserved one and it may sound stupid, I always
    get emotional seeing one of our drivers at the Monza podium with all the tifosi down there!

Forza Ferrari

Renault close today because Ferrari have problems this problems starts at qualy. Formula 1 is not that sport were can everything change in 3 days.Ferrari have same engine and Mercedes have same car.Something we fogotten

FerrariSteve Guest
    Monza is in my top 3 favourite tracks, I look forward to it so so much but oh man, todays race was actually painful :(

I cannot believe that Merc engine, it's light years ahead of us in pure straight line grunt.
    Very very disappointed and I think the next race is critical, another rapperboy win and the WDC will be gone as the WCC already has been lost.
    Last edited by FerrariSteve; 3rd September 2017 at 17:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    You think that all the team at the factory are not working as they should be? that is a massive insult. You not happy with this years season? wow
    Rob, how is my statement a "massive insult." Have you seen the Italian papers and what Marchionne is saying? My statement is far from being a massive insult compared

to what the papers in Italy are sayin. I never said I was'nt happy with this years season......not yet at least as we have 7 more races to go; my first sentence states

that "should look at the Scuderia for the reasons for the lack of performance today."

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    "constructive criticism" hahaha calling the team pathetic is hardly constructive and it means nothing either way. No matter how much crying goes on in here then it won't change a thing team wise. But it goes against the whole reason for this forum being here, if I want to read Ferrari being mocked and laughed at and slated I would go to Autosport etc. Everyone in the team is giving 100% to win, if that is not good enough for some on here then so be it, does not make the team pathetic or embarrassing.
    Yet Marchionne can say today was an embarrassment. Personally, I don't have a problem or issue with it when someone else says todays performance was pathetic or

embarrassing...you do and that is your opinion and willing to let that someone know you have an issue with it. I'm sure everyone in the team is giving 100% to win; its not

how you start but how you finish.....I'm looking for a win in the end....ecstatic if we win both the WDC and WCC.

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi View Post
    I think Hamilton will never drive for Ferrari now. Marchionne probably took him off the list now.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Yet Marchionne can say today was an embarrassment. Personally, I don't have a problem or issue with it when someone else says todays performance was pathetic or

embarrassing...you do and that is your opinion and willing to let that someone know you have an issue with it. I'm sure everyone in the team is giving 100% to win; its not

how you start but how you finish.....I'm looking for a win in the end....ecstatic if we win both the WDC and WCC.
    Still it's not constructive criticism....Italian media will slate the team off course they will, the same Italian media that wanted Jean Todt's head on a block in 96.......
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    It was obvious. Their engine is simply put better. Probably 20hp difference. Watch 2015 Monza and we have been MUCH closer with much worse car. We were 0.2s off the pole then, we would probably be 0.5s now. Its all about engine and our is simply not as good. We are probably closer to Renault then Merc.
    Merc haven't been pushing there engine to the max the last few years now that there really pushing it and bringing in upgrades for it you can see how powerful it is we made big improvements to our engine but its still nowhere near theres

It was better even before Spa, now with the upgrade, its even more dominant. There difference here was demoralizing. Another thing that worries me is how RBR managed to split our boys, almost catching Seb too, starting from down the grid

come on guys, if Seb wins in Singapore he retakes the lead. Or are you saying we won't win anymore races this year?

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Another thing that worries me is how RBR managed to split our boys, almost catching Seb too, starting from down the grid
    I was waiting for one of the engines to pop(Max's most likely). Ricci obviously has patience and knows when to attack as the field setttles the first couple of laps; Mad Max

needs to learn from this as his "run and gun" albeit quite interesting, as he is knocking down positions on the first lap, got him in trouble as we witnessed today with Massa

(who's fault was that anyways and did'nt Massa bump into someone else earlier too!!!!). If it was'nt for grid spot penalties, the outcome would have been different for these

two IMO and should make Singapore very interesting with RedBull IF they have fixed their PU issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    come on guys, if Seb wins in Singapore he retakes the lead. Or are you saying we won't win anymore races this year?
    as I have been saying for a couple of posts already, you get P1 in quali you have a high probability(over 80%) of winning the race as the leader distance's himself from

everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Merc haven't been pushing there engine to the max the last few years now that there really pushing it and bringing in upgrades for it you can see how powerful it is we made big improvements to our engine but its still nowhere near theres
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    It was better even before Spa, now with the upgrade, its even more dominant. There difference here was demoralizing.
    Interesting:

Hamilton finally pitted for softs after 32 laps in 2.5 seconds, passing the lead to Bottas who followed suit immediately in 2.2. It was synchronised perfection from the ‘Silver Arrows’ with 18 laps remaining.

Hamilton, who had gone five seconds clear, reported he "lost a bit of power" on lap 43. His lead slipped to 3.6 seconds ahead of Bottas, both Mercedes men running with their engines on reduced power as they cruised home.
    https://www.supersport.com/motorspor...o_take_F1_lead

What was up with the Lambo safety car? I would have preferred a LaFerrari or a TDF....HELLO!!! It's Monza and the 70th anniversary. It's not about the bulls but about the

horses!!!

I read somewhere it was to celebrate CEA (fire brigade) 50 year anniversary so hence the Lambo. 70 trumps 50 so it should have been a Ferrari safety car...nuff said.

2017 Italian GP: Race

Seb said something broke on lap 40 as he was braking for turn one, and the car started pulling to the left, maybe similar to what went wrong in Hungary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Schumiklub; 3rd September 2017 at 20:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Seb said something broke on lap 40 as he was braking for turn one, and the car stated pulling to the left, maybe similar to what went wrong in Hungary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    steering. Probably told to avoid the kerbs again.....

This is going to be quite the gossip this week.

McLaren are believed to be on the brink of divorcing Honda as their engine partners.

Sky Sports understands an announcement confirming McLaren's split from Honda may be imminent and could be made as early as this week.

But it remains to be seen whether any announcement will include details about Honda's replacement.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...rce-from-honda

Boah, come on... ferraris PU is not this bad. May the Merc. Have 20 HP more on Qualy modus. I thin merc have a better way to use the MGUH so they can use longer Elect. Power on the straights. But it depends on the Track how they can use this advantage.

Maurizio Arrivabene: “It’s been a difficult weekend at a track that definitely didn’t suit the technical characteristics of the SF70H. The great crowd of our fans here at Monza supported us all the way and the entire team thanks them for that. After a far from ideal qualifying in the wet, Sebastian managed to get the better of the drivers directly ahead of him on the grid and thus make it to the podium. As for Kimi, he had a more difficult time due to the balance on his car being inconsistent. Despite the fact that everyone in the team did their utmost, we cannot be satisfied with this result. We will tackle the next race in Singapore with our feet on the ground and with our usual determination.”

Sebastian Vettel: “Today we were not as quick as the Mercedes, but considering where we started from, we got the best result in the race. It was not ideal, but we are working very hard on what we want to achieve. The next tracks should be ok for us. We know we have to work on ourselves and where. I was happy at being back here with all our supporters, I got a lot of adrenalin from being on that podium. Of course, I wanted to win, but I am confident we are on the right way. It was not a great day for us, but at the same time it was brilliant to feel all the passion. Leading the Championship is not important as much as winning the Championship, it’s where you are at the last race that counts. It is clear where we want to go, what we want to achieve.”

Kimi Raikkonen: “For the whole race I kept struggling with the balance of the car. It never felt like it should have done. On some laps it was getting better, but most of the time we were lacking the grip and the pace. It was not an easy weekend, we were fighting in all conditions, in the dry and even more in the wet. This is something that we have to fix for these kinds of circuit. I’m disappointed as the result is not what we wanted. For sure if you take the pure layout of the track it’s not an easy one for us, which is unfortunate at our home grand prix. I would be surprised if it’s the same story at the next race, because on paper the race in Singapore should be better for us. Now we have to go there and do our best.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Did we ever trashed Merc like they trashed us in Monza and UK?
    Yes we did - Singapore 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Genuinely think that Ferrari will win one (1) race, tops, out of the final seven (7). Ferrari came out of the gate with a great car and were once again out developed mid season. In season testing has been banned for many years now and they continuously show their failure to adapt. Yes they are better this year than the previous 3 years but better isn't good enough. I appreciate everything the team has done but they continue to make mistakes and the excuses are wearing thing.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Did we ever trashed Merc like they trashed us in Monza and UK?
    actually, one comes to mind when they trashed themselves....Spain 2016

What happened is pretty much what i expected, there was no way Seb could've won this. We look a bit bad because we lacked engine power. However, next race is Singapore so chins up. But, Seb must win that one or it might be game over. There is a new engine upgrade in the workings right? I think they are planning to introduce it in Maleysia? That new PU must be successful.

actually, one comes to mind when they trashed themselves....Spain 2016
    A shame we weren't there to take the opportunity :D

Look its really simple merc are the bench mark they hit the the ground running all the time on race day over hauling them is no easy task its the might of mercedes we are talking about . Stay positive there is a long way to go if we end up winning a title it will have been a mighty job .ferrari just still a little rough around the edges they need to improve on governance policy and produre at company level then race day they also will hit the ground running merc have the above all in order more company home work forza ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    There is a new engine upgrade in the workings right? I think they are planning to introduce it in Maleysia? That new PU must be successful.
    I have'nt seen anything but they are holding on to that "modus operandi" of head down and being tight lipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    "constructive criticism" hahaha calling the team pathetic is hardly constructive and it means nothing either way. No matter how much crying goes on in here then it won't change a thing team wise. But it goes against the whole reason for this forum being here, if I want to read Ferrari being mocked and laughed at and slated I would go to Autosport etc. Everyone in the team is giving 100% to win, if that is not good enough for some on here then so be it, does not make the team pathetic or embarrassing.
    Hear hear! Hey Greig remember Steven the diehard Williams fan who mocked us and Ferrari back in the old Scuderia site (waaay back in 1998 or 99 I believe)? I remember him saying that Williams will not go 20 years without winning a championship again. LOL! Sucks to be him right now.

Anyways, win or lose Forza Ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Yes we did - Singapore 2016
    You mean Singapore 2015 ?? Last year we were thrashed at Singapore too

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Genuinely think that Ferrari will win one (1) race, tops, out of the final seven (7). Ferrari came out of the gate with a great car and were once again out developed mid season. In season testing has been banned for many years now and they continuously show their failure to adapt. Yes they are better this year than the previous 3 years but better isn't good enough. I appreciate everything the team has done but they continue to make mistakes and the excuses are wearing thing.
    Put simply, you don't know what you're talking about. Ferrari pushed Merc the whole way only ONE WEEK AGO. One bad race and people think it's all over. Get it together.