Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Italian GP: Race

I don't know why everyone is worried n saying Ferrari will loose WDC.
    These are the same comments posted when Ferrari had bad result in Silverstone. But come Hungary & spa they did gr8 job with the result. So consider this as one off race.
    Vet will win in Singapore n take the lead.

Monza is the ultimate engine test and it revealed that our engines are still behind Merc. Even the likes of Force India proved to be hard to takeover by Kimi. In parallel to engine development (if we are still developing it), we must have good connection with FIA to somehow expose weaknesses / ban advantage of Merc, just like what they did to us

Im happy that Sergio Marchionne is Not happy with Ferrari's performance and being 2nd best, he was really angry yesterday, I hope it puts some fire into actually developing the car better and not letting the team get complacent with no.2

Sergio is badluck but he does not turn his eyes away from the problems and wants results asap, thats good!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Im happy that Sergio Marchionne is Not happy with Ferrari's performance and being 2nd best, he was really angry yesterday, I hope it puts some fire into actually developing the car better and not letting the team get complacent with no.2

Sergio is badluck but he does not turn his eyes away from the problems and wants results asap, thats good!
    I cannot agree more. Second is the first of the losers, that is the mentality we need right now.
    Understand , I don't say that we're losers, I just say that we need to put our feet on the ground and be angry and turn the anger into something creative.

In regards to the race, to be honest I expected this result. Mercedes was racing a new engine versus an aged one of ours. And Monza, for better or worse , is a circuit that suits their car.
    But I would prefer that we don't read this race as doom and gloom. Nothing is lost. Next race we could very well just turn things around.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I cannot agree more. Second is the first of the losers, that is the mentality we need right now.
    Understand , I don't say that we're losers, I just say that we need to put our feet on the ground and be angry and turn the anger into something creative.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post

In regards to the race, to be honest I expected this result. Mercedes was racing a new engine versus an aged one of ours. And Monza, for better or worse , is a circuit that suits their car.
    But I would prefer that we don't read this race as doom and gloom. Nothing is lost. Next race we could very well just turn things around.
    Absolutely agree with you.

Also
    1. Ferrari needs good performance at next race to hit back strongly
    2. should see mercs finish behind RB ric & mad max.
    3. Kimi needs to come good n make it 1-2
    4. Should be wary of RB threat at Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Absolutely agree with you.

Also
    1. Ferrari needs good performance at next race to hit back strongly
    2. should see mercs finish behind RB ric & mad max.
    3. Kimi needs to come good n make it 1-2
    4. Should be wary of RB threat at Singapore.
    Our car was very strong through the corners. Every kind of corner. And that is encouraging in view of Singapore - Toto Wolf

Was traveling most of August. happened?? what did i miss? Has merc introduced engine spec B which makes 100 more HP?

i remember seeing a bit of Spa where SV almost overtook LH on pace. And then this!!
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Our car was very strong through the corners. Every kind of corner. And that is encouraging in view of Singapore - Toto Wolf
    seems like mercs found the pot of gold and are ready to clean house, hope not, but next race possibly the last track ferrari stands a chance imo

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Was traveling most of August. happened?? what did i miss? Has merc introduced engine spec B which makes 100 more HP?

i remember seeing a bit of Spa where SV almost overtook LH on pace. And then this!!
    seriously, it was as if ferrari took the 2016 car at monza very depressing to watch, especially now that mercs are good in wet weather , power circuits and wolff said they were very quick in turns //which is prep for singapore

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    It's not how strong ur car is. It's the right set-up & balance is needed on that track. As we saw earlier, mercs is not strong at slow speed corners. So Ferrari has good chance in Abu Dhabi, Singapore, Suzuka. Come Malaysia they will introduce new engine which im sure will be strong

It's not how strong ur car is. It's the right set-up & balance is needed on that track. As we saw earlier, mercs is not strong at slow speed corners. So Ferrari has good chance in Abu Dhabi, Singapore, Suzuka. Come Malaysia they will introduce new engine which im sure will be strong
    I think Brazil should also be a strong circuit for us.

I don't know why everyone is worried n saying Ferrari will loose WDC.
    These are the same comments posted when Ferrari had bad result in Silverstone. But come Hungary & spa they did gr8 job with the result. So consider this as one off race.
    Vet will win in Singapore n take the lead.

WCC is lost until 2019 - the year when we once forever say goodbye to Raikkonen.
    WDC was almost lost after Spa and Monza.
    Why they didn't bring fresh engine - no matter which are the rules for oil usage? That's the first technical and strategical failure!
    Inability of making quick effective decision at mixed track conditions are the second weakness - in past 20 years since the Schumacher's era.
    Raikkonen as a driver in the team is the third.

I bet in 1 trillion of dollars if we capable of win in Singapore - it won't be on easy way, on the same level like Mercedes won in Monza.
    Whether it will be Verstapen on the race start, SC in the wrong moment, failure tyre strategy etc.
    And so what if VET win in Singapore or Brasil but Hamilton is surely second placed - that's only -14 points. And what about 4 other races?Japan,US,Mexico,Abu Dhabi?
    They have Bottas - we have second underperfomed driver. Mercedes and RB have the best tyre and race strategists, in comparison we have nothing of that!
    Lets be more realistical don't give ourselves false hope...
    When we really get all of that above - we could think on WCC and WDC in 2019!
    Last edited by bobi_ve; 4th September 2017 at 18:03.

I don't like all this talks this circuit will suit our car and this will not. This is wrong approach. Ferrari should have car that is good no matter what circuit is driven on.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I don't like all this talks this circuit will suit our car and this will not. This is wrong approach. Ferrari should have car that is good no matter what circuit is driven on.
    We do have a good car no matter what circuit.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sky Formula One TV said Mercedes will have a big upgrade package for Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by bobi_ve View Post

WCC is lost until 2019 - the year when we once forever say goodbye to Raikkonen.
    WDC was almost lost after Spa and Monza.
    Why they didn't bring fresh engine - no matter which are the rules for oil usage? That's the first technical and strategical failure!
    Inability of making quick effective decision at mixed track conditions are the second weakness - in past 20 years since the Schumacher's era.
    Raikkonen as a driver in the team is the third.

I bet in 1 trillion of dollars if we capable of win in Singapore - it won't be on easy way, on the same level like Mercedes won in Monza.
    Whether it will be Verstapen on the race start, SC in the wrong moment, failure tyre strategy etc.
    And so what if VET win in Singapore or Brasil but Hamilton is surely second placed - that's only -14 points. And what about 4 other races?Japan,US,Mexico,Abu Dhabi?
    They have Bottas - we have second underperfomed driver. Mercedes and RB have the best tyre and race strategists, in comparison we have nothing of that!
    Lets be more realistical don't give ourselves false hope...
    When we really get all of that above - we could think on WCC and WDC in 2019!
    fair enough, I can respect this...it has meat. Not sure about the trillion dollars bet as your laying claim on a "still-kinda-early" premonition. You MIGHT be eating your own

words but maybe you should have waited posting this, if some of what you said comes into fruition, with like 2 to 3 races left in the season.....that's just MO.

SM said the team failed in Monza because they didn't manage to set-up the car right. So, maybe we could've been closer, but still, Merc had a huge dominating gap. Nevertheless, it's not over till the fat woman sings and the fat woman hasn't even warmed up her vocal chords yet. Let's go one step at a time now. We must win in Singapore and we'll see what we can do about the remaining races. However, if Seb doesn't win in Singapore, it's game over.

Mercedes are starting to turn up the heat in the kitchen and as they say if you cant handle it then get out ferrari must raise there game big time no more excuses or screw ups we seem to make to many race errors you can not expect to beat merc or red bull if this mantra exists heads down mouth shut or buonanote 2018 season get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    SM said the team failed in Monza because they didn't manage to set-up the car right. So, maybe we could've been closer, but still, Merc had a huge dominating gap. Nevertheless, it's not over till the fat woman sings and the fat woman hasn't even warmed up her vocal chords yet. Let's go one step at a time now. We must win in Singapore and we'll see what we can do about the remaining races. However, if Seb doesn't win in Singapore, it's game over.
    Don't think it's win or bust in Singapore. Red Bull will be strong and might well win the race, Seb just needs to outscore Lewis from now on in.
    Forza Ferrari

So Ricchiardo thinks red bull is gonna lap the field in Singapore....lol
    He forgets that it is a street circuit and hard to pass OR that Ferrari is also good at slow to medium corner circuits also

I would love if we'd qualify 1-2 with the bulls behind us and mercs on third row

That would be ideal in terms of championship points
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Seb is usually really strong in the flyaway races. So im optimistic. But yeah, i also believe we need to win singapore. And hope some luck goes our way. Its gonna be tough but i think we can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    We do have a good car no matter what circuit.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Exactly, we just need a bit more HP and we will be good at any track
    Hopefully with the new engine sporting 3D steel printed pistons will give Mercedes a good honest run for their money
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Exactly, we just need a bit more HP and we will be good at any track
    Hopefully with the new engine sporting 3D steel printed pistons will give Mercedes a good honest run for their money
    There is no confirmation that Ferrari is even developing such a thing as 3D printed steel pistons.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    So Ricchiardo thinks red bull is gonna lap the field in Singapore....lol
    He forgets that it is a street circuit and hard to pass OR that Ferrari is also good at slow to medium corner circuits also

I would love if we'd qualify 1-2 with the bulls behind us and mercs on third row

That would be ideal in terms of championship points
    Don't forget the race Ricciardo had in Italy, a track that is not supposed to help them at all. 5 more laps and he would have gotten Seb too, considering where he started it was an awesome job by RBR and makes me wonder. Of course those claims are ridiculous, lapping everyone, but they do look stronger, as RBR have often looked after the summer break. They will cause problems, my friend.

I think Seb will win in Singapore. The car is well suited to the circuit and he is naturally fast around there which is the key in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Don't forget the race Ricciardo had in Italy, a track that is not supposed to help them at all. 5 more laps and he would have gotten Seb too, considering where he started it was an awesome job by RBR and makes me wonder. Of course those claims are ridiculous, lapping everyone, but they do look stronger, as RBR have often looked after the summer break. They will cause problems, my friend.
    In Singapore, RB could be more of a threat to Mercedes than us. It's our race to loose

I have a question for some of you guru's :

(1) What made our car so strong in belgium ? ( power track )
    (2) Why the lack of pace at Monza ( another power track )

I'm just not grasping this

I hope this wasn't explained in another reply earlier on.

Someone please make me understand........
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    I have a question for some of you guru's :

(1) What made our car so strong in belgium ? ( power track )
    (2) Why the lack of pace at Monza ( another power track )

I'm just not grasping this

I hope this wasn't explained in another reply earlier on.

Someone please make me understand........
    Good question wich i dont understand mate

Vettel: “Steering made a loud Crack”

Despite Ferrari’s seeming lack of pace compared to Mercedes at Monza this weekend, Vettel isn’t immune to the little book of driver excuses after being beaten in a race.

The German driver reported that during the last 20 laps of the 53-lap race at Monza, he had an issue with his steering allowing the charging Daniel Ricciardo to close in on 3rd place finishing just four seconds down.

“I went into Turn 1, then there was a crack and I think something broke,” said Vettel.

“The left side of the steering was a bit down and I couldn’t trust the car on braking.

“It is a braking track, so the last laps didn’t show the pace I could have done.”

https://thejudge13.com/2017/09/04/ve...-a-loud-crack/
    again with the steering.....