Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ferrari signs new long-term Marlboro deal

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    No it doesn't. It just proves that PM still sponsors Ferrari. I'm sure they can still sell their space to other companies if they aren't using it.
    Why would a multi-billion dollar company want to play broker/commission agent to sell advertising space? Just doesn't make sense. PM is a 24 billion dollar company & they don't need to play commission agents to make money. There are enough fools in the world puffing away and making PM the 25th most valuable brand in the world.

PM uses Ferrari advertising on its products to project a certain image & build a connect between Ferrari & PM - hence more sales through lifestyle association.

If PM were selling ad space on Ferrari F1 cars, I am 100% sure there would be plenty of articles about it when the deal was renewed.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Why would a multi-billion dollar company want to play broker/commission agent to sell advertising space? Just doesn't make sense. PM is a 24 billion dollar company & they don't need to play commission agents to make money. There are enough fools in the world puffing away and making PM the 25th most valuable brand in the world.

PM uses Ferrari advertising on its products to project a certain image & build a connect between Ferrari & PM - hence more sales through lifestyle association.

If PM were selling ad space on Ferrari F1 cars, I am 100% sure there would be plenty of articles about it when the deal was renewed.
    Totally agree about fools puffing away.

Since Ferrari has changed its color on the F1 car from Rosso Corsa to "Malboro" Red" in the 90's and white, the color of the car is the ad-space for PMI. Close to half-billion USD
    in sponsors....its that lucrative to play consultant/agent for Ferrari.

Also, you have Maurizio A. who was a former marketing/advertising employee for PMI and Sergio M. who is on the board of PMI.

Just a heads up memo from the Scuderia

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWe5pv9X0AAeEIX.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post

Just to keep an old argument going... check this out.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...at_car_launch/

to paraphrase the important bits......

Currently for a figure thought to be in the region of $100m a year, Marlboro buys all the advertising space on the Ferrari and subsequently subleases it out to the team's various sponsors.

I have absolutely no idea why a $24 billion company would want to play broker, but it must make some fiscal sense to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Just to keep an old argument going... check this out.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...at_car_launch/

to paraphrase the important bits......

Currently for a figure thought to be in the region of $100m a year, Marlboro buys all the advertising space on the Ferrari and subsequently subleases it out to the team's various sponsors.

I have absolutely no idea why a $24 billion company would want to play broker, but it must make some fiscal sense to them.
    It's what as known as Alibi Marketing in the marketing world as described by this Nottingham Prof. Here's a youtube vid back in 2014.

Alibi marketing - tobacco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwl4GZ7Xmuo

From what i understood , Marlboro bought most of the Car space and resold it , so they pay Ferrari say $100m and they sell the spots on, how this works exactly I'm not sure does anyone know more info?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    No I don't believe Marlboro get a slice of any other ads. Ferrari is red not cause of Marlboro....Santander pay Ferrari for sponsorship they don't pay Marlboro?

Quote Originally Posted by gazoz View Post
    From what i understood , Marlboro bought most of the Car space and resold it , so they pay Ferrari say $100m and they sell the spots on, how this works exactly I'm not sure does anyone know more info?
    Philip Morris owns the ad space on the car since they are Ferrari's main title sponsor. They in turn sell that ad space to other sponsors depending on size of that sponsors logo. It's a way of tobacco getting around the "no tobacco" sales ad as this was mandated in 2009 I believe hence as to why the car "used to be" Marlboro red. This change in color (Marlboro red) happened in 1994.

do you know who will be on our rear wing sponsor?
    I didn't know about the red colour change in 1994

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Philip Morris owns the ad space on the car since they are Ferrari's main title sponsor. They in turn sell that ad space to other sponsors depending on size of that sponsors logo. It's a way of tobacco getting around the "no tobacco" sales ad as this was mandated in 2009 I believe hence as to why the car "used to be" Marlboro red. This change in color (Marlboro red) happened in 1994.

do you know who will be on our rear wing sponsor?
    I didn't know about the red colour change in 1994
    Best guess.....IQOS on the rear wing which is PM(Philip Morris) owned.

You learn something new at thescuderia.net.

Who are they? do you know , yes you do thats great thing about sharing info with others thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Best guess.....IQOS on the rear wing which is PM(Philip Morris) owned.

You learn something new at thescuderia.net.

Who are they? do you know , yes you do thats great thing about sharing info with others thank you
    e-cigarettes...heard of them??

Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

clever....well, it's not the barcode.

nothing new, is the same as last years.

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

These old cars needed HALO not today's cars where everything is safe.

Seb and Kimi need their names in script on the sides of their Ferraris.