Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari signs new long-term Marlboro deal

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Your not quite getting it are you? If Malrboro make money from this deal by selling ads then its ads Ferrari could sell themselves, so either PM are taking a loss for no advertising their brand, or Ferrari are losing out. I imagine it's PM making a loss so as I said 10 times its a pointless deal for them as they make no money from it and get no brand advertising from it.
    No, I do get it. In your world, BOTH are not making money on ad space.

In reality, BOTH are making money on ad space. Ferrari makes money from PMI and PMI makes money from the sponsors. Is this MONEY MAKING deal so hard for you to comprehend?

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    No, I do get it. In your world, BOTH are not making money on ad space.

In reality, BOTH are making money on ad space. Ferrari makes money from PMI and PMI makes money from the sponsors. Is this MONEY MAKING deal so hard for you to comprehend?
    In my world Ferrari is making money and Marlboro is not making money and getting no brand advertising which as I said seems like a pointless deal for them. I find it hard to believe both make money, why would Ferrari give away money to Marlboro? If PM are paying us lets say 50 million then you believe the ads on the car are paying more than 50 million? If that was true then why would Ferrari not just sell the ads direct and take that more than 50 million that goes to PM and then some more on top for a new title sponsor LOL
    Forza Ferrari

Your not quite getting it are you? If Malrboro make money from this deal by selling ads then its ads Ferrari could sell themselves, so either PM are taking a loss for no advertising their brand, or Ferrari are losing out. I imagine it's PM making a loss so as I said 10 times its a pointless deal for them as they make no money from it and get no brand advertising from it.
    So why are they doing that? You want to say that PM is consisted of autistic people?

If that was true then why would Ferrari not just sell the ads direct and take that more than 50 million that goes to PM and then some more on top for a new title sponsor LOL
    Because PMI has been advertising Marlboro since the 1900's and since then has advertised its logo in just about every country in the world which has people in its organization that has the expertise on advertising in different languages in a multitude of countries. Do you honestly think Italians went to China and actually spoke to WeiChai for sponsorship? Maybe the Chinese came to Ferrari because Italians are fluent at speaking Chinese?

What I'm trying to say is there are agencies/consultants who are better at doing these things than Ferrari. Do you honestly think Ferrari makes its own commercials? No, they hire an outside agency to do it for them. When going to trial, do you think Ferrari has a team of lawyers for various countries for litigation issues? No, it hires a firm/agency that has the knowledge of how law works in various countries and that law firm has a team of lawyers that can do the job in that specific language. So when it comes to marketing/advertising, Ferrari uses PMI (whom both have had a long standing relationship because this is not something that just popped up overnight) because Ferrari does business with them for marketing/advertising and PMI feels it is succesfull at doing business for Ferrari and its sponsors.

One more thing to note:
    Over the years, rosso corsa has been combined with white parts and with various sponsorship schemes, but Ferrari has never fully let their cars be dominated by the sponsorship livery like many other teams have. This changed in the 1990s when Ferrari replaced their traditional rosso corsa colour with a "Marlboro red" which is noticeably lighter; this colour remains despite the ban on tobacco sponsorship. -- from Wiki ---https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_One_sponsorship_liveries
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 9th September 2017 at 16:32.

So you never actually answered but instead went down some crazy route, do you think PM makes more money from ads than they give to Ferrari?

It's also a bit insulting to suggest that a Chinese company cannot speak anything but Chinese....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    So why are they doing that? You want to say that PM is consisted of autistic people?
    What?
    Forza Ferrari

So you never actually answered but instead went down some crazy route, do you think PM makes more money from ads than they give to Ferrari?
    Everyone makes money on this deal. EVERYONE.

Everyone makes money on this deal. EVERYONE.
    So you can tell me how much PM gives Ferrari? And then how much they make from selling ads?
    Forza Ferrari

So you can tell me how much PM gives Ferrari? And then how much they make from selling ads?
    That's between PMI and Ferrari which none of us are privy too....but its lasted for 40yrs and its been successful for both parties and continues to be.

That's between PMI and Ferrari which none of us are privy too....but its lasted for 40yrs and its been successful for both parties and continues to be.
    So you don't know that PM makes money from it? but you just said they do?
    Forza Ferrari

So you don't know that PM makes money from it? but you just said they do?
    If you have a problem of Ferrari's dealings with PMI, then I suggest you write a letter regarding this issue and tell Ferrari how they could cut PMI out of its advetising/marketing
    campaign.

If you have a problem of Ferrari's dealings with PMI, then I suggest you write a letter regarding this issue and tell Ferrari how they could cut PMI out of its advetising/marketing
    campaign.
    I don't have a problem with it, I said it seems pointless for Marlboro but as neither of us have any figures or facts then I am not sure how you can declare PM makes money from it.

And I could write them them but Italians can only speak Italian, just like a Chinese company can only speak Chinese as you said earlier......
    Forza Ferrari

the Scuderia Ferrari logo is the advertising. It was the smart way of getting around the barcode ban.

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I don't have a problem with it, I said it seems pointless for Marlboro but as neither of us have any figures or facts then I am not sure how you can declare PM makes money from it.
    Obviously you do and fail to grasp the bigger picture....EVERYONE makes money on this deal otherwise they would not be doing it and both parties would not have re-newed the contract. These are multi-billion dollar companies, both would not be doing this for "to lose money."

Obviously you do and fail to grasp the bigger picture....EVERYONE makes money on this deal otherwise they would not be doing it and both parties would not have re-newed the contract. These are multi-billion dollar companies, both would not be doing this for "to lose money."
    So again show us the numbers?

Let's try another example, how much is Santander paying PM to use their ad space and how much revenue is this giving them? Or are they taking a financial hit for exposure through advertising on a Ferrari? Again I assume you will have numbers at hand....
    Forza Ferrari

So again show us the numbers?

Let's try another example, how much is Santander paying PM to use their ad space and how much revenue is this giving them? Or are they taking a financial hit for exposure through advertising on a Ferrari? Again I assume you will have numbers at hand....
    Well, when it becomes a financial hit to whomever they may be, they will not renew their contract to advertise on the car. So far, they (PMI and Ferrari) have gained more sponsors in advertising which in my view is successful for everyone.

Well, when it becomes a financial hit to whomever they may be, they will not renew their contract to advertise on the car. So far, they (PMI and Ferrari) have gained more sponsors in advertising which in my view is successful for everyone.
    It's ok just to say you don't know.
    Forza Ferrari

It's ok just to say you don't know.
    I don't know the numbers. I DO KNOW its succesful for both parties and its sponsors given their history and contract renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    the Scuderia Ferrari logo is the advertising. It was the smart way of getting around the barcode ban.

http://i64.tinypic.com/f0t6hf.png
    I got a 2010 Official Ferrari Pit Crew shirt(Barcode) from my Ferrari contact....bought it for 500 USD and turned it around and sold it for $1000 Euro's.......made a 600+ USD profit.

See how that works Greig....me being the middleman?

I don't know the numbers. I DO KNOW its succesful for both parties and its sponsors given their history and contract renewal.
    Off course it's a success in terms of brand awareness, does not automatically make it a financial success for both parties (PM)
    Forza Ferrari

I got a 2010 Official Ferrari Pit Crew shirt(Barcode) from my Ferrari contact....bought it for 500 USD and turned it around and sold it for $1000 Euro's.......made a 600+ USD profit.

See how that works Grieg....me being the middleman?
    Yeah cause profiteering is the same as sponsorship.....not quite.
    Forza Ferrari

Yeah cause profiteering is the same as sponsorship.....not quite.
    the concept and principals are the same as sponsorship. Its to be financially successful, otherwise don't do it. Thats why this symbiotic relationship between PMI and Ferrari exists. Plus I can reach out to those that the current owner could not.

the concept and principals are the same as sponsorship. Its to be financially successful, otherwise don't do it. Thats why this symbiotic relationship between PMI and Ferrari exists. Plus I can reach out to those that the current owner could not.
    No it's still not the same LOL
    Forza Ferrari

See how that works Greig....me being the middleman?
    would never of sold that. Not matter what i could make off it. I see it as priceless.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    would never of sold that. Not matter what i could make off it. I see it as priceless.
    It was a small(new w/tags)....probably Alonso's or Massa's...I forget. I do have one for myself (XL) among many others from different years. Currently one is in route from the homeland that I just ordered myself; current 2017 polo with 70 logo. I asked for the 2017 Monza Vettel cap(see pic)...still have not gotten word back if he could get it. I have a 2016 Official team cap with Sebs and Kimi's signatures on the bill. He sends me a list which he updates of his inventory.

Attachment 7313

sorry to get of topic.

I think some of the things that Marlboro are doing with Ferrari are kind of a grey area towards illegal. They must have huge profits otherwise this wouldn't exist.

Philip Morris still effectively uses their Ferrari sponsorship in Asian countries where the marketing isn't banned. Also in Monaco almost everywhere you don't see on the FOM feed has an advertisement for Marlboro. It is still a lucrative deal for both companies.

I think some of the things that Marlboro are doing with Ferrari are kind of a grey area towards illegal. They must have huge profits otherwise this wouldn't exist.

Philip Morris still effectively uses their Ferrari sponsorship in Asian countries where the marketing isn't banned. Also in Monaco almost everywhere you don't see on the FOM feed has an advertisement for Marlboro. It is still a lucrative deal for both companies.
    Thanks for the info Stormy; did'nt know that. I wonder how it is in middle eastern countries i.e. Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Abu Dhabi and Pakistan n India.

Thanks for the info Stormy; did'nt know that. I wonder how it is in middle eastern countries i.e. Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Abu Dhabi and Pakistan n India.
    I also think that they have a market to exploit in Africa through the glamour of Ferrari. So yeah, marketing tobacco in poor and third world countries and plus selling ad space is a very profitable move for PM. Disgusting, but profitable nevertheless.

Of course it is a lucrative deal.
    Everyone that knows how a multi billion company works, knows they account on how even a dollar is spent.
    So of course this deal is good for both Ferrari and PMI.

Not sure why anyone would debate this.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Of course it is a lucrative deal.
    Everyone that knows how a multi billion company works, knows they account on how even a dollar is spent.
    So of course this deal is good for both Ferrari and PMI.

Not sure why anyone would debate this.
    +5, +7