Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Singapore Airlines Grand Prix - Practice and Qualifying

Really nervous for this crucial race for us, Mad Max and weather probably won't help, but all we can do is hope for the best in every sense and for Kimi to play his part. Forza Ferrari e buon coraggio, ragazzi!

just looking at the hourly forecast. Should start clearing now, but thunder early evening. No rain though.

Well, less than 50% chance of rain is prediction.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    just looking at the hourly forecast. Should start clearing now, but thunder early evening. No rain though.

Well, less than 50% chance of rain is prediction.
    Some positive news.

Well what do you know, we are on pole. Boy all those loom and gloomers with egg on their faces...

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Some positive news.
    LOL and then we find out SM just arrived or something :D

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Great to know in advance we would outpace Merc! Kimi intentionally letting RB have their way is bad. With all this advanced info Ferrari should have given Kimi's seat to Giovanazzi this race and give Kimi a chance to watch the race as a fan.
    Giovanazzi might have done a better job, the fact of the matter is Mercs were over 0.5 secs off pole so we can ignore them. being 0.4 seconds behind your team mate who happens to be on pole is not good which allowed the RB's to sneak in.

15-minute-forecast. https://weather.com/weather/hourbyho...+SNXX0217:1:SN plus live cam from singapore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Yw-HPc0x0
    0% chance of rain at the start of the race.
    Last edited by ChrisFerrari; 17th September 2017 at 09:24.

The track will be green 'Red Bull' on Friday did show some good pace on a fresh track but that was when Ferrari were lost with the set up.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    The track will be green 'Red Bull' on Friday did show some good pace on a fresh track but that was when Ferrari were lost with the set up.
    was never "lost with setup" they start at a base setting and work from there. Usually depending on practice programmes determines the starting base set-ups.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    15-minute-forecast. https://weather.com/weather/hourbyho...+SNXX0217:1:SN plus live cam from singapore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Yw-HPc0x0
    0% chance of rain at the start of the race.
    nice

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/g...ncerns-954294/

Here we go with this guy....whining again about the inclement weather and safety.

He's afraid of crashing into the wall again. Does he not know how to drive in the wet along with complaining about the brakes????!!!! jeeeeezzzussss.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    was never "lost with setup" they start at a base setting and work from there. Usually depending on practice programmes determines the starting base set-ups.
    Sorry, I meant to say Ferrari went in the wrong direction with the set up, come quali and they pulled t back thanks to the hard work of the team and GIO and Lecrec in the simulator

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3...ong-direction/

Damn this rain has me stressed! Someone said earlier, we just needed a good, boring race today and now this!

It will be an exciting race by the sounds of it, which is good I guess! But I am uncertain of our wet weather performance. I just REALLY want to see Lewis languish down there in 5th. This is exactly what we need. Fingers crossed the team can bring it home to rub in his and RB's faces.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/g...ncerns-954294/

Here we go with this guy....whining again about the inclement weather and safety.

He's afraid of crashing into the wall again. Does he not know how to drive in the wet along with complaining about the brakes????!!!! jeeeeezzzussss.
    With Grosjean, I think if there was any chance of a Ferrari seat in the future he has talked himself out of it over the past 2 seasons worth of radio rants.

What's this info about Vettels car with potential damage?

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Damn this rain has me stressed! Someone said earlier, we just needed a good, boring race today and now this!

It will be an exciting race by the sounds of it, which is good I guess! But I am uncertain of our wet weather performance. I just REALLY want to see Lewis languish down there in 5th. This is exactly what we need. Fingers crossed the team can bring it home to rub in his and RB's faces.

The only way the weather can play into our hands in if we have a safety car start, they should stop Mad Max taking a lunge into turn 1 from a normal start.

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    he hit the wall in Q3

?

The only way the weather can play into our hands in if we have a safety car start, they should stop Mad Max taking a lunge into turn 1 from a normal start.
    but like in china, they have to still line up on the grid once safety car peels away

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    but like in china, they have to still line up on the grid once safety car peels away
    Yes you are right so the threat is still there, wow China feels like a long long time ago.

Yes you are right so the threat is still there, wow China feels like a long long time ago.
    lol it does, i pray we win here, i dont think there are any tracks after this with ferrari advantage

he hit the wall in Q3
    The brush with the wall in Q3 looked very light, Seb showed the damage of his rim when Will Buxton nterviewed him post quali.

he hit the wall in Q3
    The brush with the wall in Q3 looked very light, Seb showed the damage of his rim when Will Buxton nterviewed him post quali.

???

lol it does, i pray we win here, i dont think there are any tracks after this with ferrari advantage
    Abu Dhabi should suit us, don't forget some of the upcoming tracks are 'Vettel tracks' - Suzuka, Abu Dhabi. Also we still have the 'joker' which is our last engine to play.

Malaysia, Abu Dhabi, Suzuka. Ferrari territory.

The one thing I'd be interesting to see from a neutral perspective is if Lewis can perform strongly in wet weather despite clearly not having the car under him on this circuit... if he suffers in the wet it would be similar to Ferrari in Monza due to poor setup. If he steams through the field though then you'd have to just give it to him... pure talent.

Either way, if it's wet I'm hopeful that our Setup will serve us well regardless.... but I am definitely worried! I have a bet to win! Forza Ferrari go Seb!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Malaysia, Abu Dhabi, Suzuka. Ferrari territory.
    but isnt malaysia and abu dhabu similar to silverstone?? we got crushed there. those long straights wipe us out

but isnt malaysia and abu dhabu similar to silverstone?? we got crushed there. those long straights wipe us out
    Abu dhabi a bit similar to this race, mainly point and squirt